Under Armor?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone here into Under Armor or similar-like clothing for training/sports/athletics?

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Of Course, but I'm still disappointed you don't have time to chat anymore Aaron. :)

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well at the gym no. I never wear tight shirts, cutoffs, or wife beaters. But their stuff for the cold weather is awesome. Wear one of the long sleeve shirts under a hoody and you'll be warm all day.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well at the gym no. I never wear tight shirts, cutoffs, or wife beaters. But their stuff for the cold weather is awesome. Wear one of the long sleeve shirts under a hoody and you'll be warm all day.
UA just isn't tight clothing eh?

They have loose wear gear.

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
I got a short sleeve heat gear shirt ( wouldn't have been my first choice) for christmas. I wear it to the gym under a normal t-shirt, and am pretty happy with it...I like the fit/compression it provides, and wicks moisture nicely. However, I don't wear "just" a UA shirt, because most of the time the people who wear the tight shirts to the gym are trying to impress someone else...

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
I don't have any loose gear, but have been thinking about giving it a try, looks nice. Nike has a line called DriFit that is similar I believe.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I got a short sleeve heat gear shirt ( wouldn't have been my first choice) for christmas. I wear it to the gym under a normal t-shirt, and am pretty happy with it...I like the fit/compression it provides, and wicks moisture nicely. However, I don't wear "just" a UA shirt, because most of the time the people who wear the tight shirts to the gym are trying to impress someone else...
I agree. I wear it in that fashion as well.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
i love the stuff, have everything from loose gear to cold gear to an awesome pair of shorts.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think the UA stuff is really nice but I dont wear it to the gym. Just a t-shirt and windpants, usually.

BV

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Yup that's me... I'll drive up to State College and give you a Holla, let you know I'm there.:twisted:

tattoopierced1

i cant afford the under armour stuff, but I like the generic "walmart" rip off stuff...

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i have a long sleeve shirt, its awesome.
When I work outside on a cold day, I wear that with a sweatshirt instead of a jacket.

I always wear it when I go skiing also.

Speischerkater

Awards
I also love the stuff. I bought one when i was in Japan, because you can't buy them in Europe, but now i regret not buying more of it. :rant:

chevelleman

Awards
the loose gear is awesome. it breathes better than a normal tshirt and keeps the sweat off of you. i also love their compression shorts when im liftin.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know Pete Fox will be in this thread sometime today :wave:

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I have several. They are the tight shirts; but I always wear them as an undershirt. They give me great support when benching and doing squats. Not like its any help on the lift; I just feel "tighter" or something. Hard to explain.

They are also great for running; even the sleeveless variety keeps me warm when I run my 15 miles a week.

stuffperson

Awards
I have 4 underarmor shirts, the smallest sizes I could tolerate wearing due to tight fit. I mainly wear them clubbing and on first dates. Not really. I wore them after i had my gyno surgery this winter, they are 100X better than a compression vest in every way. I still wear them under t shirts sometimes or just around the house or to work outside in, but in public, i would feel like a juicyfruit.

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I have the under armor underwear, love them..:) also a sweatshirt for snowboarding ....love it

Atlas

Awards
I love under armour, but I agree about not wearing them to the gym "as is"....those guys usually want to impress people. It's even worse when someone is GROSSLY out of shape and wearing the short sleeve heat gear (ahh! I saw this last week for the first time!). Thank god the dude was doing cardio. I have to agree with TatooPierced that UA is expensive, and while I do own some, I am typing this wearing the Walmart bootleg one! LOL

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I've got a white sleeveless and a blue sleeved heat gear shirt (aka the tight ones), 3 pairs of compression shorts (I'm wearing blue ones now), 3 pairs of the underware (love the feel but hate the look), and 3 pairs of the shorts (not the cotton-type ones).

I've had all that for about 3 or 4 years.

Yeah, it's safe to say I love Under Armour.

I've worn the heat gear by-itself to the gym.

psulifter

psulifter

Awards
Yup that's me... I'll drive up to State College and give you a Holla, let you know I'm there.:twisted:
haha, you're welcome anytime...We have a kick-ass weightroom, and they're building a brand new facility as I write this.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I wear the stuff everyday for work. But when I'm working out I usually just wear a tshirt or just the wife beater I'm wearing underneath my work attire. Most people who wear the real tight UA gear are out of shape and or think they look "big" when they wear it.

Last edited:

Jimmy_magix

Awards
I've got 5, I've worn them solo to the gym and I've worn a shirt solo while shopping once but I didn't really feel comfortable doing it. I save it for undershirt use now.

jenkins

Banned
Awards
i usually go for runs around my neighborhood in some of their tight shorts and thats it. it lets my balls and ass breathe so much easier. i have hardly any ass sweat at all now. the only draw back is that under armour looks gay as hell so the neighbors don't really repect me after they've seen me.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
i cant afford the under armour stuff, but I like the generic "walmart" rip off stuff...
Yeah me too,...especially when I'm in the gym impressing somebody else, little do they know that I that shop in the bargin bin!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
giggles shamelessly about TC's underwear :icon_lol:

j/k girl ;) You know me better than that.
i love my under wear!!! just got 2 more pairs tuesday night....:) pink/black

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
House is so right. You've violated rule 1-1-A-subsection 2: any thread mentioning AM's hot chicks in underwear shall supply pics or the offending poster shall be banned for a week.

Now - get on it!!!

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
House is so right. You've violated rule 1-1-A-subsection 2: any thread mentioning AM's hot chicks in underwear shall supply pics or the offending poster shall be banned for a week.

Now - get on it!!!
:rofl:

bigboobiecrew

Banned
Awards
not a chance in hell.:icon_lol:
why are you stealing my pictures, "TOUGHCHICK". if you're so tough, why don't you use your own freakin pictures. you are PATHETIC. a woman in her 30's STEALING other people's pictures. i would expect something like this from a pre-teen! instead of LYING and pretending, you should have just not used a picture AT ALL and left you appearance as a mystery. not all people are so superficial that they won't talk to you because you're fat/ugly/etc. and you should have learned that BY NOW considering the fact that you're 10 YEARS older than me. why don't you fucking grow up.

http://www.myspace.com/bigboobiecrew (MY PAGE!)

davidyonan

Awards
^^ummm?

I have cold gear and heat gear. I wear the heat gear (black) one when I do my cardio, but I don't just wear it when I go to the gym, that is just... pathetic.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Don't want to get involved with your issue. Not my deal.

Just wanted to say that antiqued picture is a classic. I've seen pics with people with their eyebrows shaved off, getting teabagged and such but that rates up there with them.

Love the lips.

forgive & forget, take it as a compliment. well deserved.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I like under armor...I just don't like the price. I have only 2 of the tees.

I wonder if target has a versioN???

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Wal-mart has a version of the heat gear shirt for like $10.

If you are near a Nike outlet, i got a dri-fit for about the same.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Target has a version as well. I got the tight tee and I guess it's ok..very warm..but I've never bought UA.

chevelleman

Awards
As far as the heat gear goes it is hard to beat UA, but for the loose fitting shirts the other are usually not too bad.

jenkins

Banned
Awards
i have taken a poll with this under armour. i have asked many fitness enthusiasts including powerlifters and bodybuilders as well as many many hot chicks that just go to the gym to look hot and jog 2.5 mph on the treadmill as to not get there make up messed up. as well as hot chicks that do actually workout hard. this is what they said about under armour

about 95% told me that they think under armour looks stupid/gay.

about 85% said the concept seemed stupid

just food for thought. i am trying to help here.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
i have taken a poll with this under armour. i have asked many fitness enthusiasts including powerlifters and bodybuilders as well as many many hot chicks that just go to the gym to look hot and jog 2.5 mph on the treadmill as to not get there make up messed up. as well as hot chicks that do actually workout hard. this is what they said about under armour

Are any of them into athletics? I dont see how anyone can think they're stupid when they need clothes to train in different weather.

I run 5 miles a day in 3 week training periods and sometimes in the rain and the cold and the wind. This **** works. IMO: Gym hardcore is NOTHING compared to calestinics hardcore. Even 20 rep sets of squats. Just wait until you fuckin eat mud, run until you can't feel your fuckin ankles, do pushups until you run out of breath, or do so many situps that you're worried you might die because you cant breathe :)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Well you can ask whereas I can supply those people and the ones into true performance like UA and similar type clothing.

What the hell does it matter if a hot chick likes it or not, thinks its stupid or not?

What exactly are you trying to help anyway?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I don't have any Under Armor but I have a few similar products (just cheaper). My favorite was from MEC. (I'm not into the "name logos are cool" mentality.)

I love wearing them to the gym. I get cold after cardio if I'm wearing a cotton shirt due to my bodytemp going down and the sweat still there when I'm stretching. The UA type material keeps me nice and dry. Should I change what I'm wearing to make other people happy?

I also wear them a lot in the summer - comfort is important to me. And although I'm sure my under wear is not as appealing as ToughChick's to you guys, I love my moisture-wicking underwear (forget the brand name at the moment).

As for if I look "gay" or "too cocky" about wearing a sleevless shirt to the gym. I happen to like being dry when I workout, as well as watching my muscles in the mirror when doing an exercise. Why should I care about what other people think? I'm comfortable, and that's all I care about.

(and on that subject, why is it that some people think when a skinny guy or girl wears a sleeveless shirt in summer - they're just trying to stay cool, but if a buff guy does it - he's only doing it to show off? I'm like a furnace 24/7 - just be glad I'm not running around naked! LoL)

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
(and on that subject, why is it that some people think when a skinny guy or girl wears a sleeveless shirt in summer - they're just trying to stay cool, but if a buff guy does it - he's only doing it to show off?
Well, my opinion is:

If you don't got it, don't flaunt it.

People, 6' weighing in at a whopping 170lbs need not wear muscle shirts... they have NO muscle.

And, people being 6' weighing in at 300 with a 44" gut, need got be wearing tight fitting shirts either.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

:think:
THANKS! I REALY NEEDED TO KNOW THAT!

you see, when I go to the gym I realy care about what people think! OMG, just thinking I almost thought about my comfort and performance while neglecting their opinion. thanks to you, now I know!:run:

well if you haven't realized by now (this is the internet after all, were the sarcasm of my overjoyed tonality is lost)

I do not go to the gym to please the memebers. I go there to train, and to do it to the best of my abilities.

good luck with your goals too!