Tyr's log, get in here.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You must have a closet full of elastic waist pants, so the smaller you get the shrink with.
Nope. You know I wasn’t always a fat guy. Lol! I still fit my clothing when I was in shape 7 years ago,and far back as 20 years ago.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Fair enough. I threw out all my smaller clothes a few years ago. I deeply regret it now.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fair enough. I threw out all my smaller clothes a few years ago. I deeply regret it now.
I know the feeling. I tell everyone that is on a healthy lifestyle journey to never throw their old clothing away.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I know the feeling. I tell everyone that is on a healthy lifestyle journey to never throw their old clothing away.
I own pants from 32" - 36" waist !!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I own pants from 32" - 36" waist !!
Same here...I three out the 44s and such. I hate even being a 36...but I would hate even more to he a 36 and have no pants.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I decided to throw out all of my old fat clothes though. Im not going backwards.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
No BJJ or MMA classes last night because they were doing rankings. So i went for a run last night and practiced my striking on my bag at home.
This morning was all cardio. 2 miles run and bag work. Im really trying to get my cardio better. Im gassing out too quickly at training.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Weighed in at 238.7 lbs this morning. Thinking i will be down to 230 lbs in two weeks or so.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
update: The wife is working super early this week, so I am doing everything i can to get into gym in the morning, in conjunction with my MMA training in the evening.
Yesterday/ Monday, 10Dec2018
No morning workout due to wife's changed schedule.
Evening workout is as follows:
1.5 hours of BJJ
1 hour of MMA
1 hour BJJ

Following that, I felt bad about not going, in the morning. So, to make up for it, I have decided to make time. By the time I get home from MMA/BJJ it is roughly 10pm (2200 hrs for all you non standard peeps). If I go straight to bed, then I can sleep until 1:45am giving me roughly 3-4 hours sleep.
This morning I got up and went to the gym around 0200 and got in a really great 50 min workout. By the time I got home, I tossed my wife the keys as she headed to the gym herself. Because I predominantly work for myself and focus on my welding skills, sometimes I end up being out of work for a while. Which means that I watch my kids during the day.This has worked out perfectly for her schedule this week, because I can come home from the gym. Hit the shower and go back to bed until 8am which is when the kiddos wake up. By the time I get up for the kids, I have slept another (approx) 5 hours. its kinda like I'm taking a gym break from my sleep time. of course this is short term for this week only, but it feels nice to find a way to continue my plans as much as possible. Tonight I will go to BJJ and MMA and do it again tomorrow.

This morning I weighed 235.7lbs. I did take some pictures and will post them here when I transfer them.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Heres some pictures from yesterday. Not a soul in sight.
20181211_033556.jpeg
20181211_034249.jpeg
20181211_033559.jpeg

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Update:12Dec2018

Wow. I had an incredible time last night @ BJJ. On Tuesdays we generally live roll a good 10 minutes longer than normal. So we went live approx. 40 minutes out of an 1.5 hour class. Great cardio. Speaking of cardio, my stamina has increased significantly. I will have to give BEAST73 credit for suggesting the interval training a few weeks ago. I only did 1.5 hours last night because I knew I was going to get up this morning and go to the gym @2.
However, I must have had a stroke or something last night in my sleep because when i woke up this morning, I decided on a cardio day, instead of weights. So I hopped on my road bike and peddled my a** to the gym. Wtf is wrong with me? Lol go to the gym and started on Bag work, then got on the stairstepper, then the row machine and rode back home. Im a little tired!
I weighed in @234.4 this morning. Getting down there.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You’re killing it James Tyr!! Excellent work!!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Thanks Kat! how are you doing on your Jan. 1 goal?

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update:12Dec2018

Wow. I had an incredible time last night @ BJJ. On Tuesdays we generally live roll a good 10 minutes longer than normal. So we went live approx. 40 minutes out of an 1.5 hour class. Great cardio. Speaking of cardio, my stamina has increased significantly. I will have to give BEAST73 credit for suggesting the interval training a few weeks ago. I only did 1.5 hours last night because I knew I was going to get up this morning and go to the gym @2.
However, I must have had a stroke or something last night in my sleep because when i woke up this morning, I decided on a cardio day, instead of weights. So I hopped on my road bike and peddled my a** to the gym. Wtf is wrong with me? Lol go to the gym and started on Bag work, then got on the stairstepper, then the row machine and rode back home. Im a little tired!
I weighed in @234.4 this morning. Getting down there.
You are making some incredible progress brotha, keep it up!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
You are making some incredible progress brotha, keep it up!
Thanks! I have to give credit to you and Radiate, though I don't take it everyday-just when I'm really hungry. I use it more for the appetite suppressant than anything else. That has really helped me maintain my diet plan. So once again, Thank you!

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking Good Bro!! HIIT cardio is the best for burning fat,maintaining muscle,and strength. Keep Plugging Away!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice Looking Gym !!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks Kat! how are you doing on your Jan. 1 goal?
I’m doing well. I just set out to maintain since I’ve been cutting for a long time. Steady doing a good bit of cardio and my high density lifting workouts 4-5x’s a week....nutrition has been on point with only an occasional vier.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
So i decided this morning that since I hit my Jan 1st goal weight early. I am going to focus on chasing physique and muscle now. Here are some pictures from this morning. For some reason, i feel huge.
20181217_065213.jpeg
20181217_065232.jpeg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You leaned out a TON ! Well done! Remarkable change here! I would now focus on chest exercises to bring chest up.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
You leaned out a TON ! Well done! Remarkable change here! I would now focus on chest exercises to bring chest up.
Definately focusing on chest. I need to develop my lower chest especially. Thank you for the praise bro!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Feeling Huge, is a GREAT Feeling !!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Update: Finally was able to get on the computer and give a proper update.
-Monday-
• Decline Bench 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 85% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 3+
• Biceps Cable [rope hammer grip]
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Triceps (pull downs-rope grip,over-head extensions, nose breakers)
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Chest (Dumbbell flies, Dumbbell incline, half moons)
• 55lbs x 20 (Weight reflects incline. Weight for flies/ 30lbs-45lbs)
• 55 lbs x 20
• 60lbs x 20
• 65 x 12
• Cardio-At least 15min shoot for 30min. (row,tread,stairs,bike,or elliptical. Pick one)

3.5 hours BJJ in the evening.

-Tuesday-
• Deadlift
• 75% x 8 (Superset abs)
• 75% x 8
• 85% x 5
• 85% x 5
• 95% x 3+
• Traps (shrugs & cable shrugs, farm walk)
• 135lbs x20 (Super-set side extensions with a 45 plate & Viking pulls).
• 185lb x12
• 225lbs x 8+
• 225lbs x 8+
• 225lbs x 8+
• Upper Back ( incline rev. flies, weighted rows w/curved bar -chest height-Pull-ups w/assist)
• 135lbs x15
• 135 lbs x10
• 135 lbs x10
• 140lbs x 8+
• 140lbs x 8+
• Bent over rows (single arm)
• 55lbs x 12 (Super-set with hang cleans. 65%,75%,75%,80%,80%)
• 65lbs x 10
• 65lbs x 10
• 65lbs x 10
• 70lbs x 10+
• Cardio-row five minutes, then run. Total of 20min
1.5 hours BJJ 1 hour MMA

-Wednesday-
• overhead press
• 75% x 8
• 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 1+
• Traps (shrugs and cable shrugs)135lbs x15
• 135lbs x15
• 135lbs x15
• 185lb x12
• 205lbs x 8+
• Shoulders (cable pulls, neck, face, overhead)
• 60lbs x15
• 60lbs x15
• 650lbs x15
• 70 lbs x10
• 70lbs x 8+
• Triceps (Pull downs-rev & fwrd/over-head extensions-ceiling & straight. Rope grip)
• 70lbs x 40
• 80lbs x40
• 110lbsx40
• 130lbs x 25 +
• Cardio 20 min.

no Martial arts tonight-rest day. I got beat up pretty good last night.

-Thursday-
• Parallel Squats
• 75% x 8
• 75% x 5
• 75% x 5
• 85% x 3
• 95% x 1+
• Leg press
• Step ups weighted
• 135 x 12
• 135 x 12
• 135 x 12
• 135lbs x 10
• 135lbs x 10+
• Leg extensions-same set up as leg curls.
• Leg curls
• X20
• X20
• X15
• X10
• Calf raises
• x15 (Superset abs)
• x15
• x15
• x10
• x 8+
• Cardio

Tonight will be 2.5 hours BJJ

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That looks like endurance training !!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
I will be upping the weight next week. So i can start really building

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
so i will be traveling this week, so no gym, but i will be doing calisthenics every day to help maintain my progress. wish me luck lol.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Enjoy your time off, and have a Merry Christmas !!

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
After being out of town and fighting a stomach bug when I got back, I am back at it tonight. Tonight I am going to the MMA gym for a few hours to get back in the swing.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
This last week has been insanely busy for me. I've had to cut out my morning workouts in order to get to work on time. They have me working out of town, but not far enough for per-diem. So I have zero time to go in the mornings. However, the BJJ classes are going well and I've decided that I will sign up for a white belt competition in April. It should be fairly interesting. Weight is maintaining, minus the 7lbs lost the week before, on account of me being sick. Anyway I hope you monsters are doing well out there.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Just an update for all of you: I am officially down 92 lbs from my starting wieght. I have increased my calories intake here recently. I am back on my regular routine of morning workouts, evening MMA etc. My morning workouts are more for strengthing my biggest weaknesses, rather than getting huge. I enjoy being relatively smaller on the mats now. It helps my technique to grow alot faster. I am currently spending approximately 3-4 hours at the MMA gym. It has become my home away from home. The place is like a huge family, which makes it easier to sack up and go everyday. Anyway, I hope all you monsters are doing well and making progress on your goals!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just an update for all of you: I am officially down 92 lbs from my starting wieght. I have increased my calories intake here recently. I am back on my regular routine of morning workouts, evening MMA etc. My morning workouts are more for strengthing my biggest weaknesses, rather than getting huge. I enjoy being relatively smaller on the mats now. It helps my technique to grow alot faster. I am currently spending approximately 3-4 hours at the MMA gym. It has become my home away from home. The place is like a huge family, which makes it easier to sack up and go everyday. Anyway, I hope all you monsters are doing well and making progress on your goals!
Congratulation on your Hard Work !!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pics or it never happened.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
BEAST73 yes current wieght as of two days ago, 213. Obviously, it fluctuates between 213-216lbs. I am going to to stop the wieght loss plan at 210 lbs. It is incredibly more dificult to maintain now that I am lighter. When I was around 260-265lbs it was easy to lose some or maintain. Now I feel like if I breathe too many breaths I will gain a pound, lol! Ultimately, I want to hang out around 200-210lbs and cut down for competitions (BJJ), in the future.
hairygrandpa I will get you a picture as soon as I get home and can upload it. that will be on Monday (I'll tag you).

Currently, my diet has changed for more intake. Mostly due to the shakes and light-headiness I was getting, in the evening, after my second or third class. I am not shying away from carbs anymore, just regulating how much I eat and at wait time. I need that fuel for my workouts. I am weraing 32 sized pants now, I started at 46-48 before(I think, I threw them all away, so I can't verify). I can fit into my old Military uniforms again, which is kinda cool. I am waiting for my current workout schedule to get old or get stagnent, but its been a while and it just hasn't happened yet. For now, I am going to ride this train until I de-rail, or make it to the station.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Awesome Job Bro!! It’s really hard at cutting and maintaining. Trust Me, I know

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Update:
Sorry for the hiatus, Gents. I was in a pretty terrible accident and had to recuperate. Broke two vertebrae (as if I didn't have enough problems), four fingers, nose, and tore my ACL(again). Needless to say, I've been in a mound of b.s. After months of not working and healing, I'm getting back on my feet again. The purpose of this wasn't to revitalize an old thread, but to give a little update on wtf happened.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Holy schnikes! Glad you are ok and getting back on your feet! Sorry you went through that.

I expect you to be back and better than ever! Let's see what you can do brother!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good to see you back, I wish you a speedy pain free recovery