Trying to calculate macros properly

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone. I recently had some stomach issues come to a head (all hereditary) a few months back and had to take baby steps until I got back to my normal self. I was weighing in at 215 before all this hit the fan and now I’m down to ~195lbs I’m trying to lean down to 175 or 170 lbs if possible while gaining some muscle and strength.

I currently works at a stationary job in IT (im lucky if I get up to 5000 steps a work now a days) and I’m also switching over to a 6 day a week dumbbell only PPL workout plan from 4 days a week. I do cardio right after either 20 mins on a stationary bike or rowing machine. I’m planning on taking a walk during my lunch break to help get my NEAT up and burn some stuff off.

I’m just wondering how I find my maintenance so I can take 15% off for cutting calories.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If trying to calculate macros, MyFitnessPal works well for me.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have used an app called Lose It which works great but the free version doesn't include macros, only calories. still, I have really loved it.

I am now using Layne Nortons carbon diet coach which is $9.99. I'm trying it because I really like Layne and what he has accomplished. His app does break down macros + calories for you, however misses some features that Lose it and others offer. Then again, it logs measurements, BF, etc as well.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I have used an app called Lose It which works great but the free version doesn't include macros, only calories. still, I have really loved it.

I am now using Layne Nortons carbon diet coach which is $9.99. I'm trying it because I really like Layne and what he has accomplished. His app does break down macros + calories for you, however misses some features that Lose it and others offer. Then again, it logs measurements, BF, etc as well.
Nice. I’ll definitely give that a look.