true shred and Recomp Rx for 30 days

Ryan40

Awards
Hey guys been running true shred by Hard Rock Supplements for 30 days and doing another cycle for 30 adding in Recomp RX by Blackstone labs.
My first 30 days with only True Shred was a good run. I lost 5lbs and it wasn't muscle. I was able to increase weight on almost all of the lifts. I was dieting to hard and had to increase my caloric intake because i was getting bad head aches.
The weight i did lose was around my abdomen.
I am adding Recomp RX by Blackstone Labs to the next month starting today.

I am new to this site and wanted to give some feed back for those like me just starting into using supplements to get a little boost. I have read some supplement logs and did not see anything with Recomp RX so i thought I should start one.
I am 40 years old lifted on and off most of my life last year getting more serious about it and recently, last 6 months, very consistent.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Is Recomp RX any good? Haven’t really heard any positive things about Blackstone labs products.

Ryan40

Awards
I have heard mix reviews on any Blackstone labs products but I really wanted to see for myself.
I did forget to add that True Shred did give me some great pumps and energy in the gym. I cant say any negative effects from that product.
I will post once a week my progress through the month.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have heard mix reviews on any Blackstone labs products but I really wanted to see for myself.
I did forget to add that True Shred did give me some great pumps and energy in the gym. I cant say any negative effects from that product.
I will post once a week my progress through the month.
Awesome! Hoping you like True Shred. It's a great cutting agent and many on here have had great success with it. Ecscpecially when running two bottles of it back to back.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Look forward to the review and yeah true shred feedback keeps building . I am a big fan of ursolic acid products in general so the dosing and absorption package should help yield some decent results. Looking forward to the feedback.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
True shred looks preety promising, really like how it has arimistane, great Recomp supplement

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
True shred looks preety promising, really like how it has arimistane, great Recomp supplement
It really is. Seems like arimistane is becoming less and less common too. Effective blend of ingredients that helps leave me out really nicely

Ryan40

Awards
Trying to keep this thread alive but not over share information. To early to tell anything about RecompRX but still rocking the work outs. I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen earlier this week. I thought it healed but after yesterdays workout, it's still alive and well.
I managed to get another awesome work out in. I am currently running a split. week 1 is heavy 4-5 sets of 5 reps on all lifts. Week 2 is 4 sets of 8-10 reps on all lifts.
On the heavy days I still do 1 exercise for triceps on cables for 8 reps. Otherwise it all stays true to the rep range. It has been a great workout so far. I switched to it about a month ago. If I continue to get the strength gains I will run this until fall.
Next week I hope my abdomen is healed. I know some of you are thinking hernia. I already had that checked by a nurse friend who said that I likely pulled a muscle.

Also being new to this site and using supplements, is it normal I am already looking at the next supplement to try in the fall?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Ryan40

Awards
Thanks LeanEngineer, I will check out that forum for sure.

Ryan40

Awards
Update from the weekend workout was weak. This week is strength week so 8-12 rep range. I felt really weak, I pushed through but my weight was just not where I would like to see it. I was low on energy and should probably consider a preworkout. I wonder if I am not eating enough. I am still keeping low calories per day under 2000 sometimes 1500. I am continuing to drop weight and my body feels good.
The next day my body felt awesome, despite the weak gym performance. Like I mentioned it feels tight. It feels harder than just on True Shred, so I cant help but wonder that Recomp RX is starting to kick in. My lower abs on one side still hurt and limits my weight and exercises so I hope that heals quickly. I still jiggle a little and my goal is NO jiggling, LOL.
I have to add that loosing weight/mass does change things for lifting. The weight feels heavier right now.
I will keep you posted and hope this hardness continues, feels great!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update. Glad you're feeling good on true shred and hope the progress continues:)

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hope you’re giving enough time for recovery post workout. If your weight loss hasn’t been drastic than where you started, it shouldn’t really affect your lifts a lot.

Ryan40

Awards
Hope you’re giving enough time for recovery post workout. If your weight loss hasn’t been drastic than where you started, it shouldn’t really affect your lifts a lot.
Thanks Jtmass, I am doing the traditional 3 day weight train work out except friday is leg day and I take 2 days for that recovery. day 1 chest and tri's, day 2 back and bi's, day 3 legs and shoulders. I will likely change this up come early fall to a 4 day work out to separate shoulders and legs.

Cmseabee24

Cmseabee24

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Try changing your diet around. I have had days where I unrack the weight and can immediately tell I haven’t fed my body enough. Timing it all is key as well. I consume pretty much all my carbs before and right after training. It makes a big difference for me personally. I use to always train fasted just because of how early I’d be getting up. It will take time to dial in though since everyone’s body is different.

Last edited:

Ryan40

Awards
Try changing your diet around. I have had days where I unravel the weight and can immediately tell I haven’t fed my body enough. Timing it all is key as well. I consume pretty much all my carbs before and right after training. It makes a big difference for me personally. I use to always train fasted just because of how early I’d be getting up. It will take time to dial in though since everyone’s body is different.
Cmseabee24, thanks for the advice. I am going to have to try that. I bet it does make a big difference

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think you would be fine to run after you finish you pct. If you wanted to be extra safe you could take a two week break after you finish your pct and then start up on true shred.

Ryan40

Awards
Well guys 6 weeks in and for the last 2 weeks i have not dropped a pound. 185 and holding. i can stand to loss 5 more pounds. I introduced and energy drink to my last work out and that helped with energy. Lifts were all good and I felt good.
Over all the workouts are getting better but frustrated on not dropping any more weight. I even introduced some cardio. Summer time is here and I have a tendency to eat less so that will probably help but I was hopeful for more results at 6 weeks into True Shred and now incorporating Recomp RX.
So on the negative side my body weight not moving in 2 weeks but I am getting a tiny bit more vascular and my muscles seem harder. That is an awesome feeling!
I have a bad wrist and shoulder and they have been holding up great, but just the last work out I notice my wrist starting to hurt. The True Shred and Anifuse I had no issues on so I am not sure if its the Recomp or just over work from work and working out so hard.

Till next week

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry to hear you haven’t dropped. What is your caloric intake atm and tdee? I like the muscle hardness and fullness for sure though! Perhaps your macros need to be adjusted.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with the above. Possibly diet needs to be adjusted to meet your goals.

Ryan40

Awards
Afi140, My daily is
5AM protein shake 100 calories it is just protein, with almond milk
8AM 2 hard boiled eggs
11AM salad with chicken breast, salad is only spinach.
130-2PM a greek yogurt
5-6 dinner, it varies

This was to low for me and after a few weeks I was struggling so I have added a scoop of peanut butter occasionally and I have nuts I snack on as well. Some days like weekends it varies but I am always aware of my caloric intake. I do need more protein per day and in the fall I will add another protein drink for sure. The summer schedule is tough to stay disciplined on due to work but I am going to try. I want to feel good and look good!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Calories seem low unless dinner is at least 1000+. Peanut butter will definitely add quick calories but I would opt for more dense/higher satiety foods imo.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would add oats to your morning shake if you have a decent blender, add a scoop of protein to your Greek yogurt and compensate by lowering carbs in the evening meal if that's an option. A decent size chicken breast can be around 60g protein, if you have that for lunch and evening too then that's 120g plus 50g from protein powder and maybe another 15g from oats and yogurt.

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That seems like very little fat for a good macro split for anyone even those not lifting. Yes you need fats for health and weight loss.

Ryan40

Awards
Guys, thanks for the advice, I need it. So my food intake is probably why my workouts I feel like I am getting weaker on heavy lifts.
Ok. Going to listen to you guys. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

Wobmarvel, any specific oats I should get. I have never used oats in protein shake. I'll give it a try.
Thanks again

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Guys, thanks for the advice, I need it. So my food intake is probably why my workouts I feel like I am getting weaker on heavy lifts.
Ok. Going to listen to you guys. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

Wobmarvel, any specific oats I should get. I have never used oats in protein shake. I'll give it a try.
Thanks again
Cheap store brand oats is what I would probably go with if I were you.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cheap store brand oats is what I would probably go with if I were you.
This. I get the cheapest I can find. Here in the UK I can get a kilo for like 80p or something.

It does depend on the blender though. I use a magic bullet, blends in the cup you drink out of so minimal cleaning plus its strong enough to blend rolled oats down to a drinkable state. I don't do porridge and I don't do chewing on oats.

If the lack of a blender is gonna be a problem you can go for instant oatmeal which will shake up and be pretty much drinkable. It's more processed but will still be better than none.

Obviously if you remove carbs from eveining meal then macros are not really changing but it will make your first meal of the day an actuall meal as opposed to just protein in water. I also blend a banana in my shakes and depending on goals will sometimes add peanut butter too (remember you will need a decent blender for this too please don't try and shake peanut butter). You could always do the protein and instant oats and eat a banana. You get some extra health goodness in, vitamins, potassium plus it will set you up better for that days workout.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You gotta get the ninja blender to blend those oats up right @Wobmarvel ;)