TRT?

wade1

Awards
Had some bloodwork done recently and my test came back at 198. Doc decided to give me 200mg of test cyp e2w. I did this for a month then went to visit a urologist who said I needed double that amount so he prescibed basically two 1ml vials of 200 mg e2w. I took it upon my self to just take 1 vial of 200mg every week and no AI until i feel anything strange going on. I just took my 1st shot of the new script on mon eve. All I can say so far during this TRT experiment is that for the 1st couple days after a shot I feel pretty lousy. Lethargic, no drive, hips and legs ache, tired, don't sleep well. Is this normal or will it get better? After a couple days I start feeling better but know where near superman by any means. Sex drive does increase a little for a few days inbetween shots but nothing crazy. I'm hoping that after a couple weeks of taking 200mg a week I start to feel better but so far I felt better at 198 than I do on TRT. I did have low sex drive and a hard time losing weight but at least i felt like being active and working out. Right now i don't feel like doing anything.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, you are dealing with morons for doctors to begin with. No one prescribes an e2w protocol anymore. If you are using a long ester test, you need minimum 1x weekly, preferably starting low around 100mg and assessing before adjusting.

wade1

Awards
I agree with the doc doesn't know. When i had my blood work done it was mainly for lipids and cholesterol. I asked for a separate testosterone test because I had felt like it was low for the past 10 yrs. When the test came back I never saw the results. He prescribed something for the lipids and cholesterol. I asked if everything else was ok and they said yes. Bout a week later I go on my hospital portal to check my labs.(Up to this point I didn't know I could see them on there) It clearly shows test and free test below range. Total was 198 so I call the Doc and ask WTH. It was like pulling teeth to get them to prescribe anything so then I asked to be referred to a urologist thinking he might better know how to treat me. I'm still not 100% sure I trust him cause although he did prescribe me double what the 1st doc did he also prescribed a AI at the dose of 1 pill per day which I know from research is suicide. So as of now I'm taking the 200 mg per week with no AI. I guess I'm kinda self medicating hoping to get it right. This site a huge help

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree with the doc doesn't know. When i had my blood work done it was mainly for lipids and cholesterol. I asked for a separate testosterone test because I had felt like it was low for the past 10 yrs. When the test came back I never saw the results. He prescribed something for the lipids and cholesterol. I asked if everything else was ok and they said yes. Bout a week later I go on my hospital portal to check my labs.(Up to this point I didn't know I could see them on there) It clearly shows test and free test below range. Total was 198 so I call the Doc and ask WTH. It was like pulling teeth to get them to prescribe anything so then I asked to be referred to a urologist thinking he might better know how to treat me. I'm still not 100% sure I trust him cause although he did prescribe me double what the 1st doc did he also prescribed a AI at the dose of 1 pill per day which I know from research is suicide. So as of now I'm taking the 200 mg per week with no AI. I guess I'm kinda self medicating hoping to get it right. This site a huge help
That is disgusting, I would report your dr, knowing you ha e a condition that could be effecting your life and keeping it from you is outrageous and surely against their code of conduct

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would start with 50mg twice weekly. Get blood work after 4 weeks and reassess. Starting that high for TRT gets problematic controlling E2.

wade1

Awards
I would start with 50mg twice weekly. Get blood work after 4 weeks and reassess. Starting that high for TRT gets problematic controlling E2.
My vials are 1ml of 200mg. So are you saying split 1 vial into 4 doses? IM or subQ? Not sure it matter but I'm 43 and 6' 250lb prob 20% bodyfat. Been working out for 25yrs. and with low T I guess I've been spinning my wheels for most of it

PhoenixGamer

Awards
This is the best advice for starting TRT.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
If you still have problems with good Test./Estradiol levels. Check your thyroid and cortisol levels.
Free T3, Free T4 and Reverse T3
24-Hour Saliva Cortisol Blood Test. (Blood test for cortisol won't reflect free cortisol like saliva and is not useful)

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My vials are 1ml of 200mg. So are you saying split 1 vial into 4 doses? IM or subQ? Not sure it matter but I'm 43 and 6' 250lb prob 20% bodyfat. Been working out for 25yrs. and with low T I guess I've been spinning my wheels for most of it
Yes. Each vial will provide 2 weeks worth. 27 gauge insulin syringes work great for this. IM or SQ is personal preference but I recommend IM since you're high BF.

I use insulin syringes for daily injections of 20mg and it's the best version of administration I've done. I tried everything after almost 15 years of TRT.