Unanswered Trt Ideal dosage?

franzhernmore

Awards
Injecting 75 Wednesday and 75 Sunday, my total test has been 1500 on blood test results (every 6 month testing consistently for the last 2 years and no gains, overall I feel not to great, almost as if I need more?.. I’m 50 yo, Weight 190 and I’m 6 ft. BFat is about 18%

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dude that’s way too damn high, trt should be around 6-800 for most people. Some need more some need less but that’s generally where test should be. Get your free test checked and estrogen etc. must be something else

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Injecting 75 Wednesday and 75 Sunday, my total test has been 1500 on blood test results (every 6 month testing consistently for the last 2 years and no gains, overall I feel not to great, almost as if I need more?.. I’m 50 yo, Weight 190 and I’m 6 ft. BFat is about 18%
First off, trt is to have you in normal range, which will not build more muscle then a natural person in high normal range. Your test levels are beyond what is considered natural so if your not putting on muscle then your diet and training is to blame. If your looking to build muscle then go on a real cycle after you figure out the food and training. If your goal is trt then cut your dose down to 50mg 2x a week and see if that puts you in range. "Less then 1000ish" can you put up a pic of your bloodwork results?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s wild!!! 100mg twice a week keeps me at around 900-1000ng depending on what day I test. Usually 1000 morning after my pin, drops to 900 for the rest of the week after that. I’m actually going to lower my dose after my cut too. You’re gonna save your health and your money by lowering that dose haha.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
That’s wild!!! 100mg twice a week keeps me at around 900-1000ng depending on what day I test. Usually 1000 morning after my pin, drops to 900 for the rest of the week after that. I’m actually going to lower my dose after my cut too. You’re gonna save your health and your money by lowering that dose haha.
You gotta be a poor metabolizer or whatever the word is. 200mg will have me around 1500 if I remember correctly. I think 140 has me around 1000

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Agree with above. Reduce the dose. Check sensitive e2 and free T. 99.999999% sure your too high, NOT too low.

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I do 100mg's every Tuesday evening. When I did labs the next day I was at 1215. When I did labs the day of (almost a week after last injection) I was at 706. Everyone is so different when it comes to this stuff. I've actually lowered it down to 90mg's per week. I'll retest in a month or two just out of curiosity.

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Sounds like high SHBG

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
You going through a clinic, or primary care physician?

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You gotta be a poor metabolizer or whatever the word is. 200mg will have me around 1500 if I remember correctly. I think 140 has me around 1000
200mg puts me in the low 900’s, I think my Dr started me at 140mg and that only had my at 500-600. It’s funny how it effects ppl so different!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do 100mg's every Tuesday evening. When I did labs the next day I was at 1215. When I did labs the day of (almost a week after last injection) I was at 706. Everyone is so different when it comes to this stuff. I've actually lowered it down to 90mg's per week. I'll retest in a month or two just out of curiosity.
That range 100mg is giving you is exactly where i would want my test on a trt dose. That and have high free test and mid range estrogen

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
200mg puts me in the low 900’s, I think my Dr started me at 140mg and that only had my at 500-600. It’s funny how it effects ppl so different!
Where is free test and estrogen. If my total came back at 600 but free test was normal or high and estrogen was good I'd stick with the lower dose. Obviously I'm not a Dr. Just my 2 cents

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where is free test and estrogen. If my total came back at 600 but free test was normal or high and estrogen was good I'd stick with the lower dose. Obviously I'm not a Dr. Just my 2 cents
Estro was in the low 20’s, I don’t exactly remember the free but I think it was high normal on the 200mg dose. It was a while ago, not doing TRT anymore.

bbuck

Awards
Are you injecting just once a week And getting your blood test just before your next injection? I would think doing 100mg 2x a week would put you much higher.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Are you injecting just once a week And getting your blood test just before your next injection? I would think doing 100mg 2x a week would put you much higher.
If you inject 200 1x a week, 100 2x a week or 25mg 8x a week it's still 200 a week. Levels will stay more stable but not go higher

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think he was referring to what will show on a lab. If he is running 200mg 1x a week, he'll spike then drop- naturally. On day 6-7 when he gets tested, he will be lower than if he was injecting 100mg 2x weekly. Same dose, but labs will show different.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you inject 200 1x a week, 100 2x a week or 25mg 8x a week it's still 200 a week. Levels will stay more stable but not go higher
This isn't accurate. The body does weird stuff. On 200mg once weekly my levels are 800ish. On 20mg daily my levels are 830's and I don't need an AI with slightly higher free T. My free T is always high even with really low serum T levels. Some guys have seen their levels shoot to 3000's on daily injections using the same weekly total after switching to daily injects.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
This isn't accurate. The body does weird stuff. On 200mg once weekly my levels are 800ish. On 20mg daily my levels are 830's and I don't need an AI with slightly higher free T. My free T is always high even with really low serum T levels. Some guys have seen their levels shoot to 3000's on daily injections using the same weekly total after switching to daily injects.
That's weird. I've done 1x a week up to eod and the peak does not change much at all. I've also had a few friends try daily injections for trt because of some interview they saw about someone praising it and it changed nothing for them. Not dissagreeing with you, I've just never seen it change anything when it comes to total t levels or free test

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just retested on 100mg a week and I’m at 1024 lol, I pin 2x a week

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's weird. I've done 1x a week up to eod and the peak does not change much at all. I've also had a few friends try daily injections for trt because of some interview they saw about someone praising it and it changed nothing for them. Not disagreeing with you, I've just never seen it change anything when it comes to total t levels or free test
That the thing, we all have enough variance in bodily functions that everyone has a different experience. For me, two injections was the same as one injection for serum T levels but daily made it shoot up.

bbuck

Awards
Using 100mg/week. My results injecting 1 time a week would give me a level of 1100 2 days post injection and around 450 the day before the next one. Doing daily injections of the same amount I am in a constant range of around 830. If you inject once week and you levels are at the top of the range 6 days after injecting then there is an excellent chance that you were way over the top for most of the week which would add more E2 into your body most likely. But you need to get tested throughout your weekly cycle to see how things are.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Using 100mg/week. My results injecting 1 time a week would give me a level of 1100 2 days post injection and around 450 the day before the next one. Doing daily injections of the same amount I am in a constant range of around 830. If you inject once week and you levels are at the top of the range 6 days after injecting then there is an excellent chance that you were way over the top for most of the week which would add more E2 into your body most likely. But you need to get tested throughout your weekly cycle to see how things are.
While im aware that levels will flux more with a bigger gap between shots, it does not seem to effect the way I feel. I do just fine on 1 shot a week till I go over 300mg then I start doing 2 shots. If I go over 600mg I do it every third day. No scientific reason. It's just what I do and it works for me