TRT Bloodwork and Nolva

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi all. I’m on my third week of trt, 200mg once a week. I have upcoming bloodwork on Wednesday 9/8. I have gyno from a superdrol cycle years ago and it’s been sore and flaring a bit the last few days. I have Nolva and exemestane on hand but don’t want to mess with the bloodwork, but wonder if 10-20mg of Nolva would impact it that much.

Any help is much appreciated. I’m leaning towards waiting it out then taking Nolva after bloodwork until my doc gets the results.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi all. I’m on my third week of trt, 200mg once a week. I have upcoming bloodwork on Wednesday 9/8. I have gyno from a superdrol cycle years ago and it’s been sore and flaring a bit the last few days. I have Nolva and exemestane on hand but don’t want to mess with the bloodwork, but wonder if 10-20mg of Nolva would impact it that much.

Any help is much appreciated. I’m leaning towards waiting it out then taking Nolva after bloodwork until my doc gets the results.
If you’re having high estrogen sides, then why don’t you just wait to see what your blood work shows your E2 to be and have your dr prescribe an AI? That way you will have a true base line. Just my .02.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you’re having high estrogen sides, then why don’t you just wait to see what your blood work shows your E2 to be and have your dr prescribe an AI? That way you will have a true base line. Just my .02.
Thanks for the response samm. That's what I'm going to do since the bloodwork is tomorrow. I'm just worried because he usually gets back to me in a week, so I'll have another week with high estrogen sides. Idk if that's enough time to cause further gyno growth. Right now its just sore and slightly flaring. No itching and no puffiness.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Take the test.

After that, start taking the Nolva.

Then, after you hear back from the MD, take what he gives you.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Trough levels
Total T: 1026
Free T: 218
Estradiol: 27

unfortunately he did not give me reference range or other readings. I will request for a copy of the labs.

Stumped on why my gyno is sore on and off. I guess my body is adjusting to the regimen.

After bloods last Wednesday, I switched to 100mg every 3.5 days. Maybe that wasn’t necessary.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, if you need to go on an AI, I wouldn't be on Nolva. It isn't as effective as others and really seems to work better if you are planning PCT.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Honestly, if you need to go on an AI, I wouldn't be on Nolva. It isn't as effective as others and really seems to work better if you are planning PCT.
I agree, the nolva is a short term fix to block the receptor. I'm thinking (hoping) the once a week dosing was causing a peak estradiol that was irritating the gyno and the twice a week dosing will help. It must be estro related since the nolva has helped. I also think, based on free test, that my SHBG was low and resulted in more free e2.

My next bloods are 11/10 which will be 3.5 days after injection instead of 7. So, this should determine if I get prescribed an AI or my test dosage is adjusted. I did order some ralox to replace the nolva and will discontinue a couple weeks before bloods.

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Going to do a bit of an experiment. Right after my last blood test (9/8) I did dose Asin for two days @6.25mg later to find my trough was in range. Probably crashed e a bit as I had achy joints, irritability, fatigue and low drive. I had started the nolva the same day at 20mg up till two days ago.

I've now had 5 x 100mg injections since and feeling much better. Now two days of no nolva, I'm going to see how I react to the twice a week injection (sun am & wed pm) with no AI and no SERM. My ralox hasn't arrived yet, but I will hold off until I notice sides, if any.