TRT at 22

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys I didn’t think I’d be posting here so soon but here I am. I got put on TRT at 22, not sure what exactly I’ll be on in terms of esters as insurance has to approve it but the doctor didn’t think it was necessary to put me on HCG with my TRT. I had a level of 233 and 290 with a repeat test so I was curious what y’all think. Should I try to get some HCG and run that 2-3 times a week or should I find a new doctor? Want to minimize the impact on having kids as much as possible. I was even thinking of trying out HCG and clomid for a bit before running the testosterone to see if that’ll help.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would use HCG in that case.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would it be worth trying to get it through the doc and have insurance pay for it? Or should I just source it from someone?

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Hey guys I didn’t think I’d be posting here so soon but here I am. I got put on TRT at 22, not sure what exactly I’ll be on in terms of esters as insurance has to approve it but the doctor didn’t think it was necessary to put me on HCG with my TRT. I had a level of 233 and 290 with a repeat test so I was curious what y’all think. Should I try to get some HCG and run that 2-3 times a week or should I find a new doctor? Want to minimize the impact on having kids as much as possible. I was even thinking of trying out HCG and clomid for a bit before running the testosterone to see if that’ll help.
Just curious how old were you when ran your first cycle and how many cycles have you run? Wow 22!!! I’m guessing that you did this to yourself considering you have 3300 posts at only 22 yrs.

macedog24

macedog24

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im surprised it wasn't prescribed along with the test.
What exactly did your dr prescribed you?

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m curious also about your AAS use or what other factor has caused your low T. At 22 I’d do everything I could to not be on TRT. If you want to have kids in the future you need HCG. You also may want to get a second opinion from a better dr before starting TRT.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I got prescribed test cyp every two weeks. Not sure about dosing yet as we’re waiting on a more sensitive blood test to come back.

Previously I ran epi in high school, a few runs of Msten and DMZ, I ran a 12 week cycle of test e with a Msten kickstart (which was awesome) and I had a 6 week PCt. I ran a Msten and dmz run earlier this year but I’ve been feeling off since I had shoulder surgery (which was around the beginning of my pct for my test e cycle). So it’s been a bit before I went and got it looked at. I ran Ralox for a few months as well to kill some gyno.

My doctor is pretty conservative so it’s probably going to be just enough to get me in to the 900-1000 range and not more than that. He doesn’t like prescribing a lot but rather wants to start low and work up to what a good dose is. He said HCG wouldn’t help as much in the long run and my best bet would be coming off the TRT when I wanted kids and seeing where I’m at and going from there. HCG isn’t covered by my insurance either so that factored in to it as well. He did tell me to see an endo and ask them what they think just to get a second opinion.

No idea what post count has to do with this though.

I’m getting bloodwork done 4 weeks after my first injection as well to see where I’m at.

Last edited:
ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I got prescribed test cyp every two weeks. Not sure about dosing yet as we’re waiting on a more sensitive blood test to come back.

Previously I ran epi in high school, a few runs of Msten and DMZ, I ran a 12 week cycle of test e with a Msten kickstart (which was awesome) and I had a 6 week PCt. I ran a Msten and dmz run earlier this year but I’ve been feeling off since I had shoulder surgery (which was around the beginning of my pct for my test e cycle). So it’s been a bit before I went and got it looked at. I ran Ralox for a few months as well to kill some gyno.

My doctor is pretty conservative so it’s probably going to be just enough to get me in to the 900-1000 range and not more than that. He doesn’t like prescribing a lot but rather wants to start low and work up to what a good dose is. He said HCG wouldn’t help as much in the long run and my best bet would be coming off the TRT when I wanted kids and seeing where I’m at and going from there. HCG isn’t covered by my insurance either so that factored in to it as well. He did tell me to see an endo and ask them what they think just to get a second opinion.

Post count means you’ve been in the GAME quite a while for a 22 yr old. My suspicion was spot on. Your basically the poster child for “THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULD NOT USE STEROIDS” sorry but it’s true! You should start a thread about your poor life decisions and help other dumb kids like you before it’s to late. I’m serious! You might not ever be able to have children. Your to young to understand how serious this is.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Post count means you’ve been in the GAME quite a while for a 22 yr old. My suspicion was spot on. Your basically the poster child for “THIS IS WHY KIDS SHOULD NOT USE STEROIDS” sorry but it’s true! You should start a thread about your poor life decisions and help other dumb kids like you before it’s to late. I’m serious! You might not ever be able to have children. Your to young to understand how serious this is.
I’m well aware of all that and I was aware of it going in to it as well. **** happens though. Run stuff at college all the time to be the best and it comes back. Also I’ve been here for quite a while and I know my **** for the post part so I always tried to help out people who needed it, doesn’t mean I was in the game a lot. The forum is more than just AAS use as well.

Either way I’ll survive and I’ll have kids. I’m not that worried about it otherwise I wouldn’t have run anything. I just wanted to know if it was worth the hassle of getting HCG or not.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
I’m well aware of all that and I was aware of it going in to it as well. **** happens though. Run stuff at college all the time to be the best and it comes back. Also I’ve been here for quite a while and I know my **** for the post part so I always tried to help out people who needed it, doesn’t mean I was in the game a lot. The forum is more than just AAS use as well.

Either way I’ll survive and I’ll have kids. I’m not that worried about it otherwise I wouldn’t have run anything. I just wanted to know if it was worth the hassle of getting HCG or not.
What’s done is done homie. I apologize if I come off abrasive but this something that could have been prevented. I never said all your post were about anabolics. You’ve obviously contributed in a lot of other ways.

I’m honestly shocked your physician is opting for TRT over clomid therapy. TRT should be a last resort after multiple POWER PCT restart attempts. Yes, Yes, Yes HCG!!
The famous PoWeR PCT Program by Dr. Michael Scally
Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day.
Day 1-30 : Nolva 20mg/day; Clomid 100mg/day (50mg was taken twice per day)
Day 31-45 : Nolva 20mg/day
It’s worth a try to get your numbers up. If your willing to give the anabolics a break. If not prepare to be a slave to the needle for the rest of your life.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t mind the needle to be honest. I wanted to run HCG and clomid but after talking with the doc he doesn’t think it’ll get me high enough for me to feel much better. We talked for good while about it as well and over multiple days so I had time to think overnight about it. Biggest thing for me is feeling better, honestly feels like I’m in a constant PCT with awful sex drive

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
There are often deeper issues then steroid use why things do not turn back on. Lifestyle, environmental factors, emotional stress etc need all to be evaluated. I did few cycles a year and never had an issues. The finally icing on the cake was I just found out TRT was masking hemochromatosis for close 15 years which now starting to effect eye sight and other health issues. No one would have found it till would have come off TRT to try to increase sperm. That’s when my iron levels double but ferritin level was dropping from high to normal range. I also have hetero 282y which is associate with elevated shbg in clinical literature. Your doctor is also playing the numbers game. You don’t need to be between 900 and 1100 to feel good. Most guys feel good around 600 to 700 when other factors are properly addressed.

Last edited:
ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I finally got it today, insurance is a bitch and a half with this stuff. 1 10ml vial at 100mg/ml taken 1 time every 2 weeks for the next month and then bloods again to see where I’m at.

I’m probably going to make a log of the road cause why not since I’m young maybe it’ll be a good thing for people to read.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So I finally got it today, insurance is a bitch and a half with this stuff. 1 10ml vial at 100mg/ml taken 1 time every 2 weeks for the next month and then bloods again to see where I’m at.

I’m probably going to make a log of the road cause why not since I’m young maybe it’ll be a good thing for people to read.
Please do!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I had no problem at all with my insurance when I was 1st put on trt...of course I was nearly 50 at the time.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I had no problem at all with my insurance when I was 1st put on trt...of course I was nearly 50 at the time.
They don’t like the 10ml vials because they only last a month technically so the pharmacy wanted to use one to fill a 90 day supply but the insurance company said no cause they technically go bad. Soooooo I may just end up getting a new 10 ml every month and adding benzoyl alcohol to save them up and just run it later down the road

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
They don’t like the 10ml vials because they only last a month technically so the pharmacy wanted to use one to fill a 90 day supply but the insurance company said no cause they technically go bad. Soooooo I may just end up getting a new 10 ml every month and adding benzoyl alcohol to save them up and just run it later down the road
when I lost my insurance the pharmacist was good enough to fill my script with one 10ml bottle versus 2ml bottles, saved me a lot of cash. the 10ml bottle was much, much cheaper than 5- 2ml bottles would have been.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
when I lost my insurance the pharmacist was good enough to fill my script with one 10ml bottle versus 2ml bottles, saved me a lot of cash. the 10ml bottle was much, much cheaper than 5- 2ml bottles would have been.
That’s what I was thinking, it’s gonna be hella expensive to use all those 2 mls instead of one 10ml just in terms of paying for the glass etc

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I’m getting bloodwork done 4 weeks after my first injection as well to see where I’m at.
Your Doctor is an idiot. TRT every two weeks is old protocol that’s proven to be ineffective. HCG will be beneficial because it will keep some natural test production going instead of shutting you down totally with just test.

My advice to you is this. Find a better Doctor like a good endocrinologist or an integrative medicine doctor and have them look into your issues.

Exhaust every other method to kick start your natural production to where it should be before getting on TRT.

Grow the fu$& up and quit worrying about having your test levels over 1000. More is not better when it comes to hormones and that mind set is exactly why you’re in the predicament you’re in now.

You’ve made some bad choices regarding AAS use in the past and it’s come back to haunt you, but with the right mind set, the willingness to try other methods other than TRT, and with the understanding you’re not going to be fixed overnight; you’ll be able to bounce back from this. But it will take time, like a couple of years. Dealing with hormones is not a quick trip it’s a long journey. Good luck

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t mind the needle to be honest. I wanted to run HCG and clomid but after talking with the doc he doesn’t think it’ll get me high enough for me to feel much better. We talked for good while about it as well and over multiple days so I had time to think overnight about it. Biggest thing for me is feeling better, honestly feels like I’m in a constant PCT with awful sex drive
Refer to the post I just made regarding your Dr being an idiot. He’s very UNEDUCATED on hormones and TRT therapy.

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Your Doctor is an idiot. TRT every two weeks is old protocol that’s proven to be ineffective. HCG will be beneficial because it will keep some natural test production going instead of shutting you down totally with just test.

My advice to you is this. Find a better Doctor like a good endocrinologist or an integrative medicine doctor and have them look into your issues.

Exhaust every other method to kick start your natural production to where it should be before getting on TRT.

Grow the fu$& up and quit worrying about having your test levels over 1000. More is not better when it comes to hormones and that mind set is exactly why you’re in the predicament you’re in now.

You’ve made some bad choices regarding AAS use in the past and it’s come back to haunt you, but with the right mind set, the willingness to try other methods other than TRT, and with the understanding you’re not going to be fixed overnight; you’ll be able to bounce back from this. But it will take time, like a couple of years. Dealing with hormones is not a quick trip it’s a long journey. Good luck
Well said!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Refer to the post I just made regarding your Dr being an idiot. He’s very UNEDUCATED on hormones and TRT therapy.
Basically the reason I went with him and not an edno is as follows. I can’t see an endo without a referral which requires a doctor. The 2 doctors before him didn’t even want to run bloodwork because I’m “too young to have stuff happen to me. So he’s the only one that actually would run anything.

I ran clomid and Ralox a while back to try fix some gyno and continued with the clomid for a while after to see if I’d feel better, didn’t see much change so I knew something was really wrong.

Now that I have a referral I’m going to an endo in a few weeks to get more bloods done etc

Also i can’t just get HCG, insurance doesn’t let you. You have to get it preapproved and stuff and it takes a bit of paperwork and you have to see an endo to get all that done. So that’s what I’m working on with the endo when I go in.

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Basically the reason I went with him and not an edno is as follows. I can’t see an endo without a referral which requires a doctor. The 2 doctors before him didn’t even want to run bloodwork because I’m “too young to have stuff happen to me. So he’s the only one that actually would run anything.

I ran clomid and Ralox a while back to try fix some gyno and continued with the clomid for a while after to see if I’d feel better, didn’t see much change so I knew something was really wrong.

Now that I have a referral I’m going to an endo in a few weeks to get more bloods done etc
Don’t be afraid to go to another endo if this one looks to be an idiot also! Take charge of your health! Don’t settle for responses if you’re too young and bullshit like that. Also don’t be afraid to tell the dr he don’t know what the fu$& he’s talking about! There’s a ton of half ass doc’s out there. Keep looking until you find a good one man!

Helpmebrahs

Awards
Have you talked to Dr.Scally before Itolone? Is it worth the money for a consultation with him?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Don’t be afraid to go to another endo if this one looks to be an idiot also! Take charge of your health! Don’t settle for responses if you’re too young and bullshit like that. Also don’t be afraid to tell the dr he don’t know what the fu$& he’s talking about! There’s a ton of half ass doc’s out there. Keep looking until you find a good one man!
Well yeah that’s why I went to 3, at least he did the bloodwork but I don’t think he knows as much as he should. Great guy though but being a good guy doesn’t always fix health issues. But I’m pushing for the HCG with the endo

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Have you talked to Dr.Scally before Itolone? Is it worth the money for a consultation with him?
I have talked to him but not about TRT or a restart. He’s one of the board doctors over at Meso Rx, Yeah he’s a very respected and knowledgeable guy.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have talked to him but not about TRT or a restart. He’s one of the board doctors over at Meso Rx, Yeah he’s a very respected and knowledgeable guy.
What we talking for cost? Insurance covered or nah?

DK0313

DK0313

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 22 and was put on trt as well. I'm not on hcg
However if you're worried about kids in the future research shows that it's better to run the hcg which on trt, and it'll increase the chances of you still being able to have children.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned before you need to look at underlying pathologies. Just recently, I found 2 guys with hidden iron overload with low testosterone. After reviewing labs and genetics having doctors dig deeper with recommended testing it was confirmed. Now we are working to lower the ferritin stores down to 20-50 with blood donating and other modalities. Not only did this potentially save them from having to go one TRT, but also potentially their lives. Again one needs needs to look at total picture and not just focus on hormones. Btw all CBC, ferritin levels were normal, but had elevated iron saturation of >55. Ferritin is not a true indicators of iron metabolism only the stores and still upon the new research coming out ferritin levels should be as low as they can go as long as it does not effect the RBC and other iron indices. We truly need to take a step back to looks what factors such as emotional environmental, biochemically, and genetically are not being addressed. TRT will mask iron overload as I just found out my self for 15 years. Just because you are a carrier of the gene or heterozygous that still means it can express. When you doctors tells you, other wise, they are full of SH!T and do not understand how epigenetics work. Mark my word as I have mentioned this stuff 10 years ago, going to specialist often addresses symptoms not the root cause. TRT and thyroid medication in young people is not necessary over prescribe, due to doctors practicing “lazy medicine”. Thyroid is the most over prescribe medicine we see in “functional medicine” model sadly..

Last edited:

enigma2771

Awards
Matrix, could you elaborate more on the iron / testosterone relationship please. I've not heard of this before.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, could you elaborate more on the iron / testosterone relationship please. I've not heard of this before.
Matrix, I’m curious about what the specific blood test you order is as well... is there a specific one that can catch some of the underlying factors you speak of?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So my free test came back at 70 so that’s low as well, though apparently it’s good for how low my levels are? Endo is in a few weeks because I goofed on the appointment but considering they said they weren’t taking anyone and I some how managed to schedule online and get in even with a bad appointment, I’m happy about that part.

Gonna just get him to double check stuff etc and sign off on some HCG so insurance can pay for that. I’ll start a log in the anabolic section since I plan on running stuff later on down the road once I get all this figured out and my body settles down in to a normal rage. I think I’ll have a lot of left over test if I keep getting 10ml vials every month lol.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Matrix, I’m curious about what the specific blood test you order is as well... is there a specific one that can catch some of the underlying factors you speak of?
I highly suggest the organic acid test by Great Plains and Dutch complete hormone then you go from there

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Totally agree with this post here.

Didn't know all the details til now. Definitely run the hcg and nolva for a couple months and then taper off nolva and you should be fine. If after a few weeks off nolva you still feel shitty, then think about gnrh shot weeks/ a mo after all pct has been run.

And if you do go for trt then your levels o ly need to be between 500-700 to feel just fine. Been on for 10-11yrs and actually started at 24 due to a severe life threatening illness so even tho i started young doesnt mean i would ever tell amyone else to go the road i did. And had there been any good endos on east coast back then i would have done the hcg/clomid/nolva protocol, probably dropping the Clomid after a week or two as the **** makes me feel nuts. But even still I have tried a restart after 3-4yrs of trt and i was doing well for a year or so before i got back on. When i lost the woman i wanted to have kids with i said fk it. And I am a very* lucky case in the sense that i could still prolly jump start my situation again if i really wanted kids. Most however would not be so lucky. So i highly recommend you do pct before you fk yourself for life. And start to see thomas O'conner if you can. Best of luck and you know I'll help if i can. Stay smart and log Everything! Start a new thread and title it "22yo with serious hormonal issues" and put everything in here there and more! Will def shine some light for the youngins thinking of fkn around.

chem.jr.

chem.jr.

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So my free test came back at 70 so that’s low as well, though apparently it’s good for how low my levels are? Endo is in a few weeks because I goofed on the appointment but considering they said they weren’t taking anyone and I some how managed to schedule online and get in even with a bad appointment, I’m happy about that part.

Gonna just get him to double check stuff etc and sign off on some HCG so insurance can pay for that. I’ll start a log in the anabolic section since I plan on running stuff later on down the road once I get all this figured out and my body settles down in to a normal rage. I think I’ll have a lot of left over test if I keep getting 10ml vials every month lol.
Free test of 70 isnt low. You have much learning to do and its far easier when youre not all fkt up with hormonal issues. Say it all w concern and love bro.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Free test of 70 isnt low. You have much learning to do and its far easier when youre not all fkt up with hormonal issues. Say it all w concern and love bro.
I only learned that after I did a bunch of research. Constantly learning it’s definitely making things interesting. I’m not going back and removing anything because I figured the learning process is valuable to people looking from the outside in. Also fun to look back and see how much I didn’t know, and how much I still need to learn.

I had tried a clomid restart for a bit, like a month I think and it didn’t change anything for me sadly. Didn’t have access to HCG at the time but I don’t know how much of a difference that would have made since I got tested shortly after the clomid cycle and I was still shut down.

Endo I’m seeing now mentioned tapering me off TRT to try again but they don’t prescribe HCG so I don’t know how effective that would be. They weren’t super hopeful about it but I’d give it a shot if it seems like there’s a good chance. Honestly I just wanted to feel normal again too.

Last edited: