total test count of 88

wophood

wophood

Awards
So here's the deal... I went to my doctor not to long ago to have some blood work done, and just as i thought, my test levels are low...real low. My total count is 88. I've never had this problem before, and my doc is sending me to a endocrinologist. Any input on what i should do or ask for is much appreciated.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dunno your age but you
ll most likely be put on HRP and pay out the ass.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you have the actual numbers? And was Total Test the only value he gave you? The values for FSH, LH, Free Test, SHBG, etc., would be of importance. Probably best to find those out and educate yourself on those. However, it's probably not best to go into the Endo's and be pushing for HRT, it's still a touchy subject.

wophood

wophood

Awards
Can i not get it through my insurance? <---- a dumb question i know

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I meant HRT and yeah insurance will cover some but depending on your coverage it can still be expensive...Mullet is right on not pushing it.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know a guy that gets his 10ml vials for $10. talk about good insurance.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Go to the endo, get a fuller picture of what is going on with you. Then consider your options. Best of luck to you.

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No matter what the cost its worth every $$$$$. Nothing worse for a man than low Test.

eisenmench

eisenmench

Banned
Awards
So here's the deal... I went to my doctor not to long ago to have some blood work done, and just as i thought, my test levels are low...real low. My total count is 88. I've never had this problem before, and my doc is sending me to a endocrinologist. Any input on what i should do or ask for is much appreciated.
Go to a Dr. who specializes in this. Ask him/her to give you their advice, they are professionals and intelligent. If you have symptoms discuss them with the Dr not some online web site / chat room "experts". If the person your are seeing does not improve your condition go to another more aware up to date open minded Dr. or HRT clinic.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you condition could be caused by a whole laundry list of things. you could be suffering from andropause (male hormone reduction that occurs with age), hypogonadism, your estrogen levels (combined with phyto estrogens from toxins you may be exposed to) could be messing with the negative feedback system your body uses to gauge its hormone output, etc. however a total test count of 88 is ridiculously low.

your endocrinologist will probably run a full hormone panel and try a few half assed treatments (doctors typically use "safe-practicing" today so they can avoid lawsuits) before he tries hormone replacement therapy. Your best bet is to read up in this forum and learn everything you need to know, your doctor may not want to give you the treatment you need. you need to know whats going on.

if your insurance wont pay for the vials of testosterone or the androgel you will probably eventually be prescribed then there is always the black market. i have heard of people paying $100 for a 10ml vial of long acting testosterone. you can get it for about 1/4 of the price from a domestic underground steroid lab. keep us updated and ask your doctor for a copy of the numbers that come up on your test. post them here, we may be able to help if your endo cant/wont.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
dude what supps have you done? more or less state your history with supplements, dont know where your going if you dont know where youve been.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go see the endocrinologist

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
if your insurance wont pay for the vials of testosterone or the androgel you will probably eventually be prescribed then there is always the black market. i have heard of people paying $100 for a 10ml vial of long acting testosterone. you can get it for about 1/4 of the price from a domestic underground steroid lab. keep us updated and ask your doctor for a copy of the numbers that come up on your test. post them here, we may be able to help if your endo cant/wont.

I couldn't agree more :)

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder how often people will force their test levels low prior to bloodwork in hopes of being rx'd anabolics.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
To give you some help here don't go see any Dr. and Endo's are not any good on low T. I have been helping men with low on the boards for over 5 yrs. I help monitor posts on low T at yahoo can't give a link yet. Many men have problems seening Endo's and other Dr.'s that are not up on testing and treating this. You don't want to go on TRT until you find out why your low. Don't let a Dr. put you on T meds with the proper testind done first. Going on TRT is for life. Do a search for allthingsmale and at Dr. John's site read TRT: A Recipe for Success and in this are tests your need and why.

If you can ask your Dr. if he or she will treat you over the phone with Dr. John this would be your best beat. He will have your Dr. up to speed in no time.

But if you can't do this call Dr.'s that are Anti-aging ask how many men does the Dr. treat for low T and if he tests for why the men are low. Ask if the Dr. tests for high Estradiol and if so does he use Arimidex to get it down. Also ask if on is secondary low T does the Dr. use HCG to treat this. You will know if you have a good Dr.

The biggest problem we men with low T have is finding a good Dr. In the 22 yrs. I have had this problem I have wasted a lot of money on Dr.'s that only know what the Drug Reps tell them.
Phil