Tongkat Ali, an answer to our testosterone prayers?

C

cjones84

Awards
I would like to know its effects on the endocrine system over long term use.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Tongkat ali / Effect on sex organs / Larger testicles from tongkat ali - Apparently this stimulates the Leydig cells to synthesize more testosterone and can make your sex organs become larger. Not sure about the last bit but I haven't tried it. It would be good if you regain size due to atrophy but again would like to know its effects on the endocrine system over long term use.
I used LJ100
Tongkat Ali, Low Testosterone, Eurycoma Longifolia, Testosterone Supplement, Sport Nutrition
did absolute nothing for me, I still have few bottles lying around.

but their
Alpha Male
Alpha Male Ultimate Formula - 20 Caps $49.95
was the only one that worked for me few months then
nothing did until I found TRT

C

cjones84

Awards
I used LJ100
Tongkat Ali, Low Testosterone, Eurycoma Longifolia, Testosterone Supplement, Sport Nutrition
did absolute nothing for me, I still have few bottles lying around.

but their
Alpha Male
Alpha Male Ultimate Formula - 20 Caps $49.95
was the only one that worked for me few months then
nothing did until I found TRT
The downside of both of those is the extract is located in Malaysia and not Indonesia. Malaysian tongkat ali can contain more than 100 times, and in some cases more than 250 times the amount of lead that is found in Indonesian tongkat ali not to mention it is a protected plant there now

I think it is also most effective as a stand alone 1-50 extract to reap the rewards from reading up on this. I think they are just bad products/blends from that website

Discount tongkat ali - The purest form is here

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The best place to get pure, high grade Tongkat is threw Biotest. They make a formula called alpha male which contains Tongkat(Eurycoma), Tribulus, Vitex and Foreskolin.

Its major expensive.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
The best place to get pure, high grade Tongkat is threw Biotest. They make a formula called alpha male which contains Tongkat(Eurycoma), Tribulus, Vitex and Foreskolin.

Its major expensive.
You are really comited to Biotest products.
How did they conviced you about quality??
For example, NowFoods displays
GMP Certification
Good Manufacturing Practices
NOW Foods - GMP Certification

Testosterone Nation - Products

ALPHA MALE™ Formula 1130 mg *
BIOTEST® Super-Concentrated Extracts (Tribulus terrestris, Vitex agnus castus, Eurycoma longifolia), Carbolin™19 (forskolin 1,9-carbonate)

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are really comited to Biotest products.
How did they conviced you about quality??
For example, NowFoods displays
GMP Certification
Good Manufacturing Practices
NOW Foods - GMP Certification

Testosterone Nation - Products

ALPHA MALE™ Formula 1130 mg *
BIOTEST® Super-Concentrated Extracts (Tribulus terrestris, Vitex agnus castus, Eurycoma longifolia), Carbolin™19 (forskolin 1,9-carbonate)
They have been the leader and hands down the best supplement company in the strength and fitness world for a decade.

I have used their products for years. They continue to be cutting edge and innovative. So many extremely educated and respected people in the strength training and fitness world, like Charles Poliquin and many, many others have sworn by their products. I am another. A friend of mine had one of their fish oils evaluated for purity, and the Dr claimed it was the most potent and pure fish oil capsule he has ever seen.

They are "The Cutting Edge" when it comes to strength supplements.

They are not the only company though. I stand by Carlsons and the Greens Plus people as well. All three companies have put their products on the line for mandated testing for purity and quality and always continue to push out great products.

C

cjones84

Awards

Its major expensive.
That may be the most effective blend for your energy boost but the link I posted is maybe the only reliable source to get tongkat really, and if you look at the prices it is in no way cheap. The measurement should be of 1-50 or 1-200 extract, all other dosages are unreliable and may not even be equivelant to a single dose. For example you could need to take up to 200 capsules from a supplier that have 300mg or something on the label to get a single dose of a 1-50, 400mg extract. Simple way of putting it is if you have a bottle of 30 capsules then 30 times 300mg is just 9 gram. That is a lot of bottles to get through and very expensive for a single effective dose of ali

"One of our warehouses for chipped tongkat ali root.
During the drying period, the root chips are turned every day. "

That is reliable and pure enough for me

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

"One of our warehouses for chipped tongkat ali root.
During the drying period, the root chips are turned every day. "
Please guide me thru a process of posting image in a message.
When I tried I was asked for URL of my image.

I do not have a web page, my images are located on my computer.
On the other board one can upload files (not sure about images).

C

cjones84

Awards
JanSz just right click the image you want on a webpage and go to properties, copy the address (url). Then paste it
note the insert image tab ;-)

You will also need to upload your images from your computer to a image hosting website to do this. I don't know if a free provider like photobucket.com lets you upload pics to forums for bandwidth reasons but I am sure there are others that would. In theory you could set up your own website just to store files for easy access

M

Megazoid

Awards
cjones84, you already know me from the medhelp board so i thought i would give you some input here.

I bought the exact tongkat you see pictured there and started it for a few weeks a couple of months back. While doing this i got my friend (who isn't hypogonadal) to also run it to see how he felt and if he noticed any differences. We are pretty open about everything, so i got good feedback from him regarding sexual function and how he was feeling. I was taking the pure form of it and trying it 3/4 times a day. I noticed very little (if anything) in libido, flaccid/erect size, low t symptoms, etc. It might work a bit, but not much. My mate also noticed nothing else either.

Since being on test e at 125mg weekly i have noticed more improvements than i could imagine. It's early day's and i am only into 3/4 weeks into the treatment plan but so far have noticed increased flaccid size and better erections (at least 70% of what they were before). Still difficult to get and maintain at times but nearing perfect now, i think with a few more weeks and normalization of my t levels i shoudl be good to go. I was able to have sex twice today without "much" problem. My penis and testicles are hanging ALLOT better and i look better too. Most of my low t symptoms are still there though but this will improve given time (dry skin, joint clicking/pain, etc). I have good energy and not fatigued as easily either.

Here is what i recommend:

Fish Oils daily (get the gel capsules if possible)
Vit E - 3 times weekly (mon, wed and fri for me - gel capsules)
Vit C (as much as possible - from oranges, etc)

And for skin/penis:

Bio-oil - I apply this twice daily to penis and scrotum and have noticed marked improvement alongside TRT in the skin, getting less dryness, etc.

Like the other's said (and i mean this), ignore the zinc, zma and DIM for now. Let's assume we are similar in makeup and you have lowish E2.

I am looking forward to seeing your blood work and will give you my input when you get the results. This isn't always as simple as just saying "high e2" is the cause and considering we are both young and low body fat, i doubt it's purely high E2. Low E2 can also give penis shrinkage (which would explain it in my situation). I am now trying to get my t level up and e2 in the hope of resolving this terrible situation.

Let me know if you have any questions.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
And for skin/penis:

Bio-oil - I apply this twice daily to penis and scrotum and have noticed marked improvement alongside TRT in the skin, getting less dryness, etc.
Please post a link to site that sells Bio-oil
What is it supposed to acomplis.

C

cjones84

Awards
Hi Megazoid, I am glad you are on the road to recovery I appreciate that this takes a lot out of you. How did you end up on test e? Was it hard to get the doctor to prescribe it to you? I realise I have all this to come. I shouldn't have to wait very long for my T level results thanks to the NHS, notice the words wait and nhs in the same sentence lol.

Vit E and fish oils, its really all I suppliment with now although zinc did seem good for the prostate based on ejaculation volume, lack of inflamation and not to mention dreams in my blurry sleep. I was thinking of adding a vitamin D suppliment because apparently this is a hormone itself really that your body makes from the sun through your skin. I will pick up the bio oil aswell. As for fatigue I have had bad insomnia the last few nights and have started to resent work :sick:

I will give the tongkat ali a go, well I have to now. I will just experiment with normal to high doses of the 1-50 extract capsules in 2 week cycles, so I will avoid that bitter taste ;-) I don't know man you get desperate I will try anything while I am trying to get through this if it makes me feel better including meditation and relaxation techniques. I will post my T level results up as soon as I get them, thanks for the help and info

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hi Megazoid, I am glad you are on the road to recovery I appreciate that this takes a lot out of you. How did you end up on test e? Was it hard to get the doctor to prescribe it to you? I realise I have all this to come. I shouldn't have to wait very long for my T level results thanks to the NHS, notice the words wait and nhs in the same sentence lol.

Vit E and fish oils, its really all I suppliment with now although zinc did seem good for the prostate based on ejaculation volume, lack of inflamation and not to mention dreams in my blurry sleep. I was thinking of adding a vitamin D suppliment because apparently this is a hormone itself really that your body makes from the sun through your skin. I will pick up the bio oil aswell. As for fatigue I have had bad insomnia the last few nights and have started to resent work :sick:

I will give the tongkat ali a go, well I have to now. I will just experiment with normal to high doses of the 1-50 extract capsules in 2 week cycles, so I will avoid that bitter taste ;-) I don't know man you get desperate I will try anything while I am trying to get through this if it makes me feel better including meditation and relaxation techniques. I will post my T level results up as soon as I get them, thanks for the help and info
tongkat ali is a ****, save money get your
BioAvailableTestosterone=5.5(nmol/L)
E2=17
and then lets talk again about your remaining problems.

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im not a huge fan, again, of herbal T boosters. They are reasonably effective for young non hypogonadal men, but even for them, they are way to expensive.

ZMA is essential. I do not understand your thinking of "Forgetting" it. Forget taking Zinc and magnesium, two of the most important minerals for health and well being? ZMA is like food - its essential. Just like fish oil. I have been taking it for years, and I will continue to do so and I recommend everyone else to do the same.

It costs 9 bucks a month.

C

cjones84

Awards
That person didn't say what dose they used but they went at it constantly for a month when really you should work in cycles and start at a low dose. The best way is probably 2 weeks on and 1 week off, from what I have learned the off cycle should be half the time as the on cycle. It is also best to concentrate your diet on meat, eggs, cheese etc for protein, on cycle length will vary from user to user I would imagine.

If the dietary recommendations are not observed, tongkat ali may have no effect. Certain plant foods absorb tongkat ali’s effectiveness and should be avoided. Broccoli, cauliflower and other cabbage-derived vegetables inhibit the testosterone-raising effect. There are other veggies that will not interfere with ali as badly but fruit and veg consumption should generally be kept low on-cycle. Fish and seafood can also cause allergic reactions during on-cycles so it is best to avoid that and soy-based foods, tea or coffee. Garlic is also supposed to be disruptive.

The other thing about using this for sexual enhancement is to avoid most carbs like rice, pasta and potatoes. If you can't go completely without then add nuts, that will aid digestion on-cycle with a meat rich diet. If you use tongkat essentially for bodybuilding and not the sexual stuff then obviously you need your carbs.

Theobromine in chocolate does not go well with ali and interferes with erections, not in a positive way. Although I have read this clears from your system in 12-14 hours. Maybe best avoided on days you are anticipating sex.

The balance of nutrition comes with the off-cycle phase. This will be exactly the opposite i.e high fibre and low fat diet with plenty of fruit and veg and not so much meat and eggs. Protein can come mainly from fish and you can start consuming garlic again aswell as adding any food suppliments you like to take

I think from what I can gather you have to have respect for the research and apparent potential power of tongkat ali on the endocrine system. If hormone balance is influenced through exogenous measures then the body will aim to return to genetically determined age-related set points whether this is beneficial to you or not. Tongkat is also NOT testosterone itself so there is a delayed reaction and you can induce higher levels of testosterone so you should avoid any shrinking symptoms, loss of labido etc. When raised testosterone levels start to drop it seems best to go into an off cycle.

I think it is worth a try personally because I am very intrigued but obviously hope to keep negative side effects to a minimal or avoid them completely :think: I would recommend reading the detailed dosage info where I got all this because this is a new herb in the western world. It does not have the reputation of something like i.e ginseng and this is exploited by some distributors selling products that contain ineffective dosages and provide misinformation. There seems to be a lot of food for thought

:pizza:

H

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I like LJ100. Ive even tried the LJ200. The best Tongkat product that I've tried is Red Kat by Biotest. That stuff made me super horny. You have to cycle off Tongkat every 3-5 days because your body gets used to it. I do 5 on and then 2 off when I take it. I think herbal stuff is good if you have low LH.

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I like LJ100. Ive even tried the LJ200. The best Tongkat product that I've tried is Red Kat by Biotest. That stuff made me super horny. You have to cycle off Tongkat every 3-5 days because your body gets used to it. I do 5 on and then 2 off when I take it. I think herbal stuff is good if you have low LH.
Yep, RedCat was great. Biotest is the leader in herbal T boosters.

Redcat is now in their Alpha Male product. It is very expensive.

C

cjones84

Awards
I thought Tongkat Ali sounded familiar, here is something I came across afew months ago:
Testical pain - please advice - LH level is high
Best affordable TONGKAT ALI? - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums

" In one week my testicular atrophy turned into excessive testicular hypertrophy! Yes my balls have regrown now to the largest they've ever been and to the point that excessive swelling and cum production is causing pain"

This guy seems to have avoided most of the bad side effects :rofl:

1fit1

Awards
Same with me....definate testicular hypertrophy! I've only used the LJ100 by source naturals, who get their TKA from herbal powers like all others that have LJ100 in them(from what I hear.) I've only used the LJ100 (100:1) extract, and have no reason to try any other product, because I really wouldn't want something that works better. The LJ100 is almost too potent...really! It works every bit as well as clomid did for me. The only - effect I've found is some nipple stimulation(not full blown gyno) after awhile of use. I want to find out if this is estrogen or prolactin related, so I can find something to stack with it. I wonder if calcium glucarate or vitex(chaste berry) would be a good thing to run with it. Any thoughts?

E

engival

Awards
  • Established
i wonder if Tongkat is more effect than Clomid......

LeanGuy

LeanGuy

Awards
  • Established
i wonder if Tongkat is more effect than Clomid......
Funny, I just took both of these for the first time this month.

I just finished my 1 week "clomid test". Now I have to wait 3 more weeks to do a full run after the tests come back. They should be positive because I felt a test increase.

In the mean time, I've been taking daily 800mg LongJack 20:1 from NP. I can't say it works as well as the clomid, but it does do something similar: acne, libido boost, more strength @ the gym. It definately does something.

shlong

shlong

Awards
I would like to know its effects on the endocrine system over long term use.
It does nothing ,many trials have eluded that the substance
is futile in the test department same as TRIB.
I'm just a endo with a chem degree, dont take my word for it

L

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I've done tongat ali straight from Indonesia 50:1, alpha male, tribex, all did squat. I really wish these test boosters would work for me but the do diddly. I am on 6oxo for 4th or fifth day and it's done more for me than all the others combined
X10. Maybe it's just me....but alot of people feel Tribex, Tongat, Alpha Male are all a Farce....obviosly because did nothing for them. My 2 cents. Would love more genuine Libido/Alpha male feelings and spontaneous Woodies thru-out the day. Any suggestions?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I've done tongat ali straight from Indonesia 50:1, alpha male, tribex, all did squat. I really wish these test boosters would work for me but the do diddly. I am on 6oxo for 4th or fifth day and it's done more for me than all the others combined
X10. Maybe it's just me....but alot of people feel Tribex, Tongat, Alpha Male are all a Farce....obviosly because did nothing for them. My 2 cents. Would love more genuine Libido/Alpha male feelings and spontaneous Woodies thru-out the day. Any suggestions?
Measure your T, E2 & DHT
Then take informed action.
If you do not want to talk to doc, buy those blood tests from lef.org

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Measure your T, E2 & DHT
Then take informed action.
If you do not want to talk to doc, buy those blood tests from lef.org
Agree run it and have before and after blood results after 6-8 weeks
dhea-s