Thermolife's Tribosten Test log

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: We don't need the advertisement. Thank you.

And next time when you get the product for free and you're testing it for a company, let everyone know. You wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Pre-test measurements

Bodyweight, 228lbs
Left forearm, 14¼"
Left bicep, 17¾"
Around bellybutton, 37½"
Left thigh, 27½"
Left calf, 18"

I will go to the gym shortly. I have just begun the Tribosten a few minutes ago but will update the thread with my workout performance for consistency.

16vt

Awards
Looking forward to your progress with this product.

I've been looking at getting some of their products.

Good luck!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

I've used dicana in the past with good results although I needed 4 caps. OK here's what happened today:

Today I did Arms & Traps, a short 14-set workout with lots of supersets. Of course I can't feel anything from the Tribosten yet, but I did take a half-serving of Stizm (1 cap) 45 minutes prior to and I must say I liked it a lot. Increased sweating, focus, no jitters. Usually I don't like how stims make me feel, but in this case, I find no downside to its use. We'll see how sleep goes tonight and then I might try a full dose later on.

The workout lasted 45 minutes, after which I did 40 minutes of aerobics, 15 minutes on the recumbent bike and 25 minutes incline walking on the treadmill.

As per my fitday.com account, total calories are:
Expended: 3982
Absorbed: 3241 (201g protein)

Since I am in the process of recomping, that is using calories that are near maintenance and leaning out while maintaining/growing muscle, these numbers are of interest in my case. As are the measurements, which will only be reported on again at the very end of this log.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

First effect I noticed is that upon waking up, my "boys" are larger than normal. :D I must also report that on a scale of -10 to 0 (baseline) to +10, both my energy and libido seem +1. But it's early so this might be placebo.

Did arms & Traps, followed by 30 minutes of cardio.

As per my fitday log, calories were:
Spent: 3730
Absorbed: 2957

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Yes day 3 was yesterday. I add up my cals & stuff at the very end of the day and, well, I had company last night, so I got sidetracked.

Was an off day. Had some surprising lethargy during the day, I don't know if it's related to the supplement. Libido seems about +2.

Calories:
Expended: 3093
Absorbed: 2202 (45% fat, 26% carbs, 30% protein)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Day 4 is today, another off day.

Nothing new to report.

Calories:
Expended: 3093 - Well that's what fitday says. I think it's more like 2293... :(
Absorbed: 1924 (28% fat, 31% carbs, 41% protein)

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I,m interested to see your results, thinking about adding it to my PCT.....

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 5

Today I trained back & calves. Right now I'm doing super-short workouts of 30 minutes. The reason for that is that I feel I need a lot of cardio to trim down and I also feel that doing 45-60 minutes of weights followed by 45 minutes of aerobic activity would shoot my cortisol way up, and this would be terribly counterproductive IMO. The last few years have seen me go into deep catabolism whenever I tried adding cardio after my 45-minute weights workout. I am 38 and it is starting to show. On top of the Tribosten, I also had a half-serving of Stizm.

Nice focus, good energy. I like the Stizm. I'm feeling pretty normal, except perhaps my appetite doesn't get to me so much, allowing me to eat somewhat less. Of course, I still cook for my usual appetite, but I feel I'll be able to cut that down if the appetite regulation is a fact of the Trib and not the Stizm. I don't know yet.

I am now 225 lbs, this is a nice surprise. Let's see if that holds. I have made some changes in my supplementation, starting yesterday I am dropping milk thistle from my stack of usual supplements. It is somewhat anti-anabolic and my liver is doing just fine.

Back & Calves: 30 minutes
Treadmill aerobics: 40 minutes

Calories:
Expended: 3892
Absorbed: 3199 (48% fat :(, 28% carbs, 24% protein = 185g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 6

Busy day today. I only got 3 meals, including one at a lady friend's. These gurlz, they all like to cook for me. Pasta with veggies and cream & cheese sauce. :eek: Yummy. :eek: What is it with these women? Do they know nothing about nutrition or are they purposefully trying to make me fat right when I'm in recomp mode???

So I trained chest on a whole serving of Stizm. This Stizm stuff is very nice. To me, it's as good as a low dose of meth. I mean, I don't feel stimulated, just wide awake. That, and walking back from the gym, I didn't have my usual feeling of wanting to take it slow coming back. Full steam ahead, it was. Since the gym is about 30 minutes' walk away from my place, I often walk there and back, which gives me an additional 60 minutes of low-intensity aerobics.

My bodyweight was right at 225lbs again today, so that is very good news. I'm not experiencing any rise in strength or mass, but this weight loss does seem to come a bit easier than usual.

Today's nutritional misbehaving:
Expended: 3767
Absorbed: 3216 (33% fat, 43% carbs, 24% protein=188g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 7 (Yesterday)

So it was a day off. Had breakfast with a lady friend and dinner with another one, and - did I say it? - These gurlz like to cook in a way that is almost absolutely contrary to the bodybuilding ways. Lots of cheese and pasta. Cookies with the movie!! :( WTF! Had a good time though. ;)

Libido is OK, which is all good. OK means it's a bit higher than normal, but I still get to keep control. I like knowing that my actual brain is making the decisions and keeps control of my genitalia and not the other way around, which is way too much trouble. I did try quite a few supplements that have enhanced libido among their side-effects, but this is usually accompanied by an almost total lack of mental control. Crotch decides and brain makes up a reason why it's a good idea. Not so here. I get to keep my cool, but when time comes to act, the power is there. :cool:

Almost forgot. On day 6 I had a whole serving of Stizm around 2PM before going to the gym. I didn't get to sleep until about 2:00 or 2:30 AM... So I think I'll be careful with that from now on.

Calories
Expended: 3141
Absorbed: 3016 (39% fat, 38% carbs, 23% protein = 169g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 8 (yesterday)

Trained legs. Lots of willpower, my knees didn't hurt so I lifted with confidence and focus. I feel good overall. Besides that, my sac is fuller than usual.

Weight steady at 225, good news. I think the fitday numbers are good after all.

Calories:
Expended: 3692
Absorbed: 2114 (36% fat, 44% carbs, 19% protein :eek:)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 9 (January 27)

I got sidetracked with my log. I trained arms & traps and found my weights up a little, while keeping the bodyweight at 225. Nice, especially considering the caloric deficit of days 8 and 9. Energy is very good, as is resistance to hunger.

Calories
Expended: 3622
Absorbed: 2526 (39% Fat, 38% Carbs, 23% protein)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 10 (Yesterday)

Did I say I got sidetracked? Well, I wasn't home so I didn't take my Tribosten. :( Rest day.

Calories
Expended: 3235
Absorbed: 3813 (45% fat, 35% carbs, 20% protein = 195g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 11

Good workout. Delts & abs, good focus

Calories
Expended: 3815
Absorbed: 2124 :eek:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
stizm IS STRONG, everyone who has bought it from my Vitamin World store has returned saying they were cracked out, hey not the case for me it is strong but i Have a high tolerance, but for the rest outhere be careful...

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
stizm IS STRONG, everyone who has bought it from my Vitamin World store has returned saying they were cracked out, hey not the case for me it is strong but i Have a high tolerance, but for the rest outhere be careful...
Agreed, I personally love taking 2 caps when i need a kick, but many people report that 1 cap is enough to get them going.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I got a just perfect stimulation out of one cap. 2 seems not as good !? Except it keeps me up longer... But I'm sweatier with just one cap...

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 12

Had a very good workout. Back & Calves. Upped my poundages on two exercises, which is good. Both increases were just 5lbs but I could have added 10lbs instead. I followed that with some treadmill work.

Bodyweight is still 225, but I feel I am gaining some muscle size even on this crappy diet.

Calories
Expended: 3746
Absorbed: 2780 (42% fat, 30% carbs, 28% protein = 179g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 13 (yesterday)

Was an off day. Interestingly, I seem to require much less sleep while on Tribosten. At first I thought it was a fluke but now it's been nearly 2 weeks on it and my natural sleep has gone down from 10 hours to 8.

Calories
Expended: 3066
Absorbed: 3595 (49% fat, 31% carbs, 21% protein= 177g)

OK now I really got to lay off the peanut butter and order some more protein powder. This looks like a get-fat diet, doesn't it? :(

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Get more protein, protein is Grunt's Friend !!!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Trust me on this bro, I KNOW. :mad: Thing is, I'm trying to keep this as healthy as possible and any protein powder I can get at retail is filled with artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, all that crap. I'm allergic to some of it, I get rashes.

So it's a REAL PAIN to find some protein without all that ****. :rant: I usually order, but right now the funds are kinda tight so I've been trying only whole foods for a bit. Obviously that doesn't work for me.

And I don't get what's wrong with this city, retail protein is like 400% the price of mail-order. :rant: You'd think there'd be some kind of way to make decent money without charging 4 *TIMES* the bloody price!!!! :rant: So I got some (expensive) not-so-artificial protein powder at the store today. :mad: Simple whey & egg, but it'll do for now.

And I also don't get what the bloody hell is wrong with those protein manufacturers! WTF is wrong with simple whey & egg protein without adding flavours, sweeteners, colours, kitchen sinks, yada, yada, yada... :rant: :rant: :rant: Can't seem to get that anymore? :wtf: It use to be the best thing ever: perfectly bland, mix it with f'in ANYTHING and it's good. WTF you want me to do with f'in watermelon flavoured powder???? Grrrrrrrr :frustrate

OK I'm done now.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bro you are just the opposite, I have to have flavors in my protein, I cant just drink down bland crappy tasting protein. ON has natural protein...and its kinda cheap... But i understand your plight, keep on keepin on Bro...

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 14

Had a good chest workout. I broke down today and got some semi-crappy retail store protein. Better than keeping that diet. I kinda get the feeling that the lack of protein was doing something to me, keeping me feeling sub-par... Overall feeling kinda pumped, solid. Good feeling. Maybe the lack of protein prevented me from getting the "feel good" of likely enhanced testosterone production. We'll see.

Calories
Expended: 3905
Absorbed: 3435 (36% fat, 35% carbs, 29% protein = 248g :D )

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 15 (yesterday)

Had a good leg workout. I can feel the enhanced testosterone more now, the higher protein seems to be helping that.

Calories
Expended: 3789
Absorbed: 3627 (38% fat, 29% carbs, 33% protein = 291g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 16

Day off. Nothing new to report except my weight is 227 but I find I look my leanest in a good while. I believe sunday, which will be day 19, is when I take my next measurements, so that will shed light on this. Feel good overall. I do need a lot less sleep, it's the one thing that leaps out at me with this product.

Calories
Expended: 3084
Absorbed: 2097 (29% fat, 33% carbs, 39% protein = 198g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 17 (Yesterday since it's now past midnight)

Arms & Traps

Well for some reason it seems I left out some of my dosing of Tribosten yesterday. 4 out of 6 tablets were not taken yesterday. Ever brave, I decided to take 10 today and see what that does. I'm glad I did. I took 5 at breakfast which was also my preworkout meal.

In the gym, I was focussed, energetic, almost sadistic in my workout performance. :cool: When I KNEW there was no way I could possibly squeeze another rep nor anywhere close, I still attempted it. And again. :head:

I normally train hard, but I don't usually bother with the rep I'll barely get a quarter of the way up. So to me this was like an instant testosterone boost, and enough of one that its effects were very noticeable.

Another thing is that my bodyweight is back down to 225. Again I feel pretty good and solid.

Calories
Expended: 3669
Absorbed: 3311 (41% fat, 26% carbs, 33% protein = 265g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 18 (yesterday)

Did delts & abs. Good workout. I had shortened my weight training to 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes of cardio to keep catabolism at bay, but even hurrying, the volume isn't enough for me to feel my endorphin rush. It's not what I train FOR, but it's too good to pass on. Who's with me? ;)

So it was a good solid workout, followed by no cardio. Well I did walk to the gym and back, so that's 60 minutes of low-intensity right there, which makes for a good warm-up and Post-workout aerobics. Had my shake before taking my return walk. I'm still out on wether or not the 15-20 grams of sugar in my pwo shake is enough to stop lipolysis, or how much I need to kill catabolism from cortisol and still keep lipolysis. I'll have to research that I guess, unless one of you guys know for sure. I feel there must be some kind of carb window where this is possible. So I'm kinda playing with that for PWO nutrition.

My weight came back to 227. Nothing else to report.

Calories
Expended: 3613
Absorbed: 3584 (22% fat, 46% carbs, 31% protein = 280g). Geez, looks like I'm starting to eat like a bodybuilder again... ;)

Last edited:

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea the high from working out is a nice bonus, good log I may try some soon, I had to cut my S1+ cycle short due to high bp(sucks), I coudl use a T-boost....

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 19 (yesterday)

Was a day off, so not much to report on. I have observed repeatedly that sexual climax is more pleasurable, which is nice. Also, I do need less sleep, this is undebatable. 7 hours and I feel 100% whereas I use to need 8 or 9. I can't explain it, I've never seen any mention of a link between sleep needs and testosterone.

Calories
Expended: 3084
Absorbed: 2808 (25% fat, 39% carbs, 37% protein = 252g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 20

Had a very good workout, back & calves. 40 minutes, then 40 minutes on the treadmill. This was scheduled to last 20 days, but it will be 3 weeks long, since one day I didn't get home until late and didn't dose the Tribosten. So tomorrow will be my last day.

Calories
Expended: 3923
Absorbed: 3481 (32% fat, 33% carbs, 35% protein = 300g)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 21: The end.

Today for a finale I ate my 6 tabs at breakfast and I can say it definitely does do something, my workout was again especially intense.

Calories
Expended: 3894
Absorbed: 3739 (48% fat, 24% carbs, 28% protein = 256g)

Beginning / Ending stats
Bodyweight, from 228lbs to 225.5lbs = -2.5lbs
Left forearm, from 14¼" to 14¼" = SAME
Left bicep, from 17¾" to 18¼" = +½"
Around bellybutton, from 37½" to 36¾" = -¾"
Left thigh, from 27½" to 27" = -½"
Left calf, from 18" to 18" = SAME

Final thoughts and conclusions
As you can see, changes in body composition are positive. I did do more cardio than usual during this test, but my diet was off the whole time and MOST of the time, it was downright dismal. I feel that the Tribosten contributed to these positive results.

A few things jump out at me in retrospect. Firstly, the lessened need for sleep. This is something that I have difficulty explaining, yet find to be absolutely true. Tribosten reduced my need for sleep. After about 6-7 hours, I was rested and ready to go whereas I usually require 9 hours sleep a night.

The added libido and sexual pleasure were also quite real, if somewhat subdued. Another thing I noticed is the increased acne. At first it was just one zit, then another and so on, but in retrospect I can say my backne was worse during this test. I find this to be a positive effect, since it reflects higher-than normal testosterone.

How much testosterone was added, that is the question, because I have no doubt that there was an increase. I thought that being 38, my test levels would be on the low side of good, but then again, maybe not.

My conclusion is that if you know that you have a low testosterone level, such as in PCT or beyond 45-50 years old, then this product should bring the levels back to good and be worth every single penny. I know I will seriously consider Tribosten in my next PCT.

As a stand-alone though, unless you have good reason to believe your test levels are low, this product will probably not give you the steroid-like effects you would wish for. I have found the effects of this to be subtle although I did love the feeling of being in a "zone" by taking 10 tabs in one day. As a regular dosage, I feel this might be impractical.

For the class of product it competes in, it seems to be among the best. Still, this is a bit of a niche product that is very useful in its own way but doesn't offer the average athlete much of an edge in normal times. Solid product and if the price is right, it will come in handy in the right situation. For these reasons, I feel this product deserves a 7.5/10.

Incidentally, I should get bloodwork done in the next couple weeks. It will be taken at a time when I am not using any supplements, so it should give a fair idea of what my baseline testosterone is like, for reference. If there is interest, I will come and updated this thread with that information.

Hopefully this test answered some questions about the latest Tribulus product to hit the streets. If you have questions, do not hesitate to post them in this thread.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
One week after stopping

I now realize how much better I was doing while on the Tribosten. I was upping my poundages and recomping, whereasI am now overtrained. I feel tired. I have to go back to sleeping 9 or 10 hours.

I had noticed in the early stages that my energy (and libido) were +1 and +2 and also that I seemed to need less sleep. These effects, while subtle to have as a plus, are very much felt when they leave. I think I had a gentle ramp-up in my recovering abilities in the first week of this trial, so that the progression was rather subtle, but now I see how real it was.

As such, I feel I have to upgrade my final mark from 7.5 to 8.5. I would like to thank Thermolife for letting me try this great product. The effects sneak up on you but they're real, allright.