dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Waterless Car Wash

By NBC 6's Patricia Andreu

Feel to skip the writing and just check out the video:
Waterless Car Wash - Going GreenNews Story - WTVJ | Miami

I know a lot of you don't live in Miami so you're not familiar with the water restrictions but the product is still pretty cool, at least I think..

With water restrictions in place, what's the driver of a dirty car to do?

Well, you could roll into a car wash that recycles its water, wasting a lot less of the precious resource. What Water Management officials want you to avoid is doing it yourself. That's because when you wash your own car at home, you could waste more than 80 gallons of water in just one shot.

But, what if I told you there was a new way to clean your car without any H2O?

That's right! The makers of ProKote have brought their European formula to the States.

"It emulsifies the dirt, picks it up and leaves a final coating, film, that's a polymer. It gives it a bright shine and repels water and dirt later so your car stays shinier longer," explains Jonathan Banko, President of ProKote International.

So, how does it work?

Michael Banko, who launched the ProKote Biowash car washing business in Weston showed us: "We spray the products on the paint. Then we apply it with gentle pressure. We turn over the rag and buff it up to a polished shine. So, it's washed and polished without any water whatsoever." And, no run-off of any kind. "Our products are totally biodegradable, eco-friendly and they do the job."

In a few months, ProKote will start to franchise. The cost of a carwash is $30 for a total clean and wax-like finish. Adds Banko, "It doesn't scratch or leave any smearing residue."

This spray can be used on a car's exterior as well as interior.

"The only thing you would not use it on is cloth seats. Leather, vinyl, rubber," Banko said.

Banko promises it won't ruin your leather seats. Nor will it leave your dashboard all shiny and sticky.

We watched as Banko and his co-worker cleaned Adriana Paramo's car. She's been a customer for the last few weeks. She's sold!

"No water waste. No mess in my driveway. It's very clean. Plus, my car looks shiny and clean," she said.

Paramo promises never to get a "traditional" car wash again. "No, I don't want to. I'm very happy with this one."

The makers of ProKote say the spray can even be used on fiberglass, which is good news for boat owners.

For more information on ProKote, or to buy a bottle of the spray, you can call 954-389-9090. Each bottle costs $14.99. And, they say it's good for at least 6 washes.