• Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Because it defeats COVID...

N-Acetylcysteine to Combat COVID-19: An Evidence Review
Zhongcheng Shi1,2 and Carlos A Puyo3

Conclusions
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) is inexpensive, has very low toxicity, has been FDA approved for many years, and has the potential to improve therapeutic strategies for COVID-19. NAC administered intravenously, orally, or inhaled, may suppress SARS-CoV-2 replication and may improve outcomes if used timely. Potential therapeutic benefits of NAC include, extracellularly scavenging ROS radicals, replenishing intracellular GSH, suppression of cytokine storm, and T cell protection, thus mitigating inflammation and tissue injury. NAC administration in combination with other antiviral agents may dramatically reduce hospital admission rate, mechanical ventilation and mortality.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This is fukin ridiculous. It’s an important on cycle supplement & already I’m looking at products reformulated with out it!

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Wait what? This is getting banned? Wtf I dont get it. Prohormones I at least understand, but this...

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So why didn't they ban vitamin C and vitamin D??

There is more to this than big government or big pharma.

Last edited:
Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When asked about this, Brain-Dead Biden was heard to have said:

'The outfit, that runs the guy, who, uhmm, Cmon man, give me a beak, uhmm (looks at flash cards) and uhmm, it s NIC-NAC patty-wack, give the frog a loan, uhmm, ha ha, Whoa-ho China Joe, uhmm"...

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
NAC will be available for research purposes soon enough .. or available in TD lol
( i have no idea on the next ban ..just find it hilarious that it will happen to one of the best OTC liver support product .. no disrespect to tudca )

cronikgains

cronikgains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
where is everyone seeing this? All I see is FDA slapped companies for touting medical claims with NAC and that amazon doesn't carry it anymore. What else am I missing?
Hopefully nothing. I really hope this is just a scare tactic to make us buy supps lol. I can't find anything credible either so maybe it won't get banned.

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
where is everyone seeing this? All I see is FDA slapped companies for touting medical claims with NAC and that amazon doesn't carry it anymore. What else am I missing?
The weird part is that I can’t even find NAC on my past orders on Amazon?? I did find some that was up priced on another site but it sucks if it gets pulled everywhere.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The weird part is that I can’t even find NAC on my past orders on Amazon?? I did find some that was up priced on another site but it sucks if it gets pulled everywhere.
Hmmm, I checked my Amazon account and saw that too. It’s out of stock at DPS and a couple other supplement sites, but still available at retailers like Wal Mart for a normal price. I grabbed a bunch from them last night just in case.

Marne40

Marne40

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really hope this is all just a big overreaction, but wouldn’t be surprised if the FDA does indeed slap the “rx” sticker on NAC. Would set a sh!tty precedent, like maybe rx-ing other effective supps. Curcumin - too effective, “rx.” Berberine - too effective, “rx.” God forbid something natural and cheap actually works.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS said in another thread this is just Amazon changing their retail policy. Feds slapped people for making claims like it defeats COVID for false advertising so Amazon decided not to touch it, like many ingredients they choose not to sell but aren’t banned at all. NAC isn’t getting banned.

I take 600mg NAC year round, 1,200mg on blast for nearly half the year, and still got COVID and it put me on my ass pretty hard, worst of my whole family. Directly attacked my low back muscle, previously damaged discs and also my left hip which has never had an issue. I am a big proponent of NAC overall, and who can say it didn’t help my reaction to COVID some compared to what it could have been if I hadn’t been using it, but it most assuredly is not a cure.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Swanson always has good prices on solo NAC, and Pipingrock has a lot of affordable solo supplements as well, if just looking for NAC alone. iHerb sometimes has sales.

I

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Swanson always has good prices on solo NAC, and Pipingrock has a lot of affordable solo supplements as well, if just looking for NAC alone. iHerb sometimes has sales.
I can still find it locally too

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That MorphoPrime is one of the best multi ingredient products out.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On cycle and post cycle support combo that works a charm:

Jarrow’s Pantethine (450 mg twice a day)
Life Extension NAC (600 mg once a day)
TUDCA (250 mg twice a day)

This covers lipids, cholesterol, and liver. Keep in mind, lipids and cholesterols will still take a hit but the pantethine will do a significant amount of work softening that hit.

Just got everyday health on or off cycle, pantethine is a superb thing to take. I’m always surprised that it isn’t an actual medication in the US. There’s not a lot of things which have significant benefit that shows up clearly in blood work, NAC and pantathine are two such things (NAC is actually used as treatment for Tylenol overdose in the first 10 hours of overdose iirc, meaning it works the best if there is a first treatment dose administered within the first 10 hours of overdose, it appears to be less effective if the treatment starts past the first 10 hours of overdose).

Last edited:
Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Jesus...this board has fallen so far from where it once was. WTF is this alarmist, dumb-****, gullible conspiratard bullshit? When did all the reasonable, intelligent, science-minded members get so outnumbered by a mob of Dunning-Kruger cases?
The internet is getting dumber by the day...

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
^^^ ‘it’s real and far from spectacular’

Here is a photo of a recent q and a, on Amazon, from a pretty awesome on cycle health supplement that I recommended on here recently. It’s now been reformulated and they didn’t even decrease the price.

IMG_4511.JPG

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The warning letters iirc went out to certain companies whom were making health claims in their marketing/copy. Something along the lines that it cures hangovers I believe. Retailers preemptively took products containing NAC off their catalogues likely due to their over generalizing legal and compliance departments’ suggestion. Life Extension still makes it and so does lots of other companies. Nestle had a product containing it, I haven’t checked to see if they still make that one though. Now, lots of brands reformulated likely due to them wanting to sell products on big retail outlets such as Amazon so they did it more as a “maximal sales >>> everything else” move. Now, likely the case is that COVID research using NAC likely placed it up higher on the FDA’s list of things to keep an eye out on though. Lots of ingredients ends up on the FDA watchlist due to them being mentioned heavily in media, etc.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The warning letters iirc went out to certain companies whom were making health claims in their marketing/copy. Something along the lines that it cures hangovers I believe. Retailers preemptively took products containing NAC off their catalogues likely due to their over generalizing legal and compliance departments’ suggestion. Life Extension still makes it and so does lots of other companies. Nestle had a product containing it, I haven’t checked to see if they still make that one though. Now, lots of brands reformulated likely due to them wanting to sell products on big retail outlets such as Amazon so they did it more as a “maximal sales >>> everything else” move. Now, likely the case is that COVID research using NAC likely placed it up higher on the FDA’s list of things to keep an eye out on though. Lots of ingredients ends up on the FDA watchlist due to them being mentioned heavily in media, etc.
Yeah, priceplow has a nice video explaining it here

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Very accurate description

My whole point being once we saw the study confirming it defeats Covid, we saw the FDA ramp it up and then companies and others pulling it from their marketplaces.

This is as clear as day and I think for the first time, alot of people are stunned and angered to see that the FDA is working AGAINST us.

Also lets look at the Covid Vaccine they gave emergency approval to. We now have over 4,000+ deaths attributed to it. If you take all the other vaccines on the market and combine them for the past 20 years, the covid vaccine solo matches them in less then 6 months. Scary

Again clear as day.

But believe the same FDA when they tell you that DMAA is
dangerous because 3 people took 3 scoops before a marathon and died.

The FDA is exposed here front and center. And so are the corporations that work and align with them.

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very accurate description

My whole point being once we saw the study confirming it defeats Covid, we saw the FDA ramp it up and then companies and others pulling it from their marketplaces.

This is as clear as day and I think for the first time, alot of people are stunned and angered to see that the FDA is working AGAINST us.

Also lets look at the Covid Vaccine they gave emergency approval to. We now have over 4,000+ deaths attributed to it. If you take all the other vaccines on the market and combine them for the past 20 years, the covid vaccine solo matches them in less then 6 months. Scary

Again clear as day.

But believe the same FDA when they tell you that DMAA is
dangerous because 3 people took 3 scoops before a marathon and died.

The FDA is exposed here front and center. And so are the corporations that work and align with them.
I personally don’t feel that tying the vaccines into this makes any sense and unfortunately due to inaction from 2020, from the majority of the western world, we ended up with a terrible situation (personally at this point, I’ve know 5 people I know directly, in seriously bad shape from COVID with one of them dead after being in the ICU for over a month in a induced coma). The vaccines were necessary and the MRNA ones do have a lot of data behind them since they’ve been in development for decades (all the way back to at least the 90s) but was never put into commercial use as there wasn’t a use case for the technology yet. Now, the other one using a active virus which is correlated with the blood clots, that’s another story altogether (but they pulled it and reassessed it quickly enough).

Regardless of what you feel about the vaccines, I think it’s a separate topic from how they regulate supplements. A more adequate comparison would probably be what happened with fentanyl and OxyContin. Those drugs should not have been so widely accessible to begin with. They obviously went on to not be scrutinized appropriately and it’s shocking that fentanyl was even allowed to make it to market with such little control especially after our fiasco with OxyContin.

I think the biggest issue with the FDA and supplements is the inconsistency and inefficiency of it. Kind of understandable in terms of them likely not having the resources to test every supplement under the sun in order to gauge if they are safe or not, so they have this constantly evolving and often too ambiguous set of guidelines which passes the onus on to the producers. With such a system, they end up relying on leaving things alone for the most part (likely because they just are not aware of it) until something makes it into the news (basically relying on the news outlets as their filters to what to keep an eye out on). Inefficient and often a fair bit chaotic.

Last edited:
N

Nprice151

Awards
  • First Up Vote
enjoy medical tyranny and thank the liberals who voted for it
Yeah i look back 23 years ago and i was playing soccer in the Georgia heat on my ripped fuel (ECA) Stack and i am still alive.

I think football 2 a days may be a little to much for an overweight Offensive lineman, but i just think if it was truely as dangerous as the FDA made out i would have been dead by now.

Yet all these rich politicians and hollywood stares getting blood transfusions and taking all kinds of super experimental drugs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i look back 23 years ago and i was playing soccer in the Georgia heat on my ripped fuel (ECA) Stack and i am still alive.

I think football 2 a days may be a little to much for an overweight Offensive lineman, but i just think if it was truely as dangerous as the FDA made out i would have been dead by now.

Yet all these rich politicians and hollywood stares getting blood transfusions and taking all kinds of super experimental drugs.
the difference between the medical treatment the average person gets and the elitist gets is amazing...i remember at the time when magic johnson got aids it was pretty much a death sentence and aids victims were easy to spot because of the muscle wasting, they looked like skeletar...but good old magic johnson actually bulked up looked like he gained a good 20lbs of solid muscle???

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
See several dislikes on my post.

But what can I say. After competing for 25+ years, and selling suppz for 25+ years, I know I am not going to convince everyone. Not everyone has eyes to see what is really going on.

A fool is born every minute. And apparently every second at Anabolic Minds ;)

J

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jesus...this board has fallen so far from where it once was. WTF is this alarmist, dumb-****, gullible conspiratard bullshit? When did all the reasonable, intelligent, science-minded members get so outnumbered by a mob of Dunning-Kruger cases?
The internet is getting dumber by the day...

The last year has shown how gullible, science-illiterate and willfully ignorant people are. There’s readily available information at everyone’s fingertips, but they just ignore that for echo chambers of ignorance that make them feel good. Dunning-Kruger is in full effect. Dumb people latch onto conspiracy theories. There’s studies to support this.

The FDA took this stance in July 2020…not under the current administration.

Last edited:
K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last year has shown how gullible, science-illiterate and willfully ignorant people are. There’s readily available information at everyone’s fingertips, but they just ignore that for echo chambers of ignorance that make them feel good. Dunning-Kruger is in full effect. Dumb people latch onto conspiracy theories. There’s studies to support this.

The FDA took this stance in July 2020…not under the current administration.
The most hilarious thing about a lot of the science-illiterate crowd is that they also then use pseudo science nonsense to try and support their arguments with. Also typically tends to be people that like to claim this or that diet or ingredient or whatever the heck does all these miraculous things and claim that it’s supported by science. There’s also a huge demographic of meat heads whom are perfectly fine and willing to take the risk using questionable supplements and most definitely questionable gear purchased from the black market but then be completely afraid of vaccines claiming the unknown risks of vaccines (bruh, ok with pinning black market gear or taking experimental drugs of questionable origin, but afraid of vaccines which actually have good safety data to support their use? Say what? Also, yes, the mRNA vaccines being predominantly used right now has a lot of safety data behind them, they are also based on technology which has been continuously researched since at least the 90s, even the J&J one has an excellent safety profile even if you include the adverse blood clot cases).

The cognitive dissonance is remarkable.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The most hilarious thing about a lot of the science-illiterate crowd is that they also then use pseudo science nonsense to try and support their arguments with. Also typically tends to be people that like to claim this or that diet or ingredient or whatever the heck does all these miraculous things and claim that it’s supported by science. There’s also a huge demographic of meat heads whom are perfectly fine and willing to take the risk using questionable supplements and most definitely questionable gear purchased from the black market but then be completely afraid of vaccines claiming the unknown risks of vaccines (bruh, ok with pinning black market gear or taking experimental drugs of questionable origin, but afraid of vaccines which actually have good safety data to support their use? Say what? Also, yes, the mRNA vaccines being predominantly used right now has a lot of safety data behind them, they are also based on technology which has been continuously researched since at least the 90s, even the J&J one has an excellent safety profile even if you include the adverse blood clot cases).

The cognitive dissonance is remarkable.
lol...are you saying that all the 'meatheads' who buy black market gear are stupid?

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you saying that all the 'meatheads' who buy black market gear are stupid?
I’m saying those that are insinuating all sorts of nonsense about why vaccines and masks are bad but are then perfectly ok with using things like black market gear and things like SARMS and other compounds which are and haven been classified as investigational compounds, are not making a logical argument.

In other words, you can’t be critical of one and then be fine with the other especially when the other is far more of a black hole than the thing one is critical of. That would indicate a bias not based on data or facts, so if it is one’s preference not to be vaccinated or wear a mask, as an example, that is one thing. It’s highly problematic when that preference then includes “… because we don’t know that it is 100% safe, etc.”

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m saying those that are insinuating all sorts of nonsense about why vaccines and masks are bad but are then perfectly ok with using things like black market gear and things like SARMS and other compounds which are and haven been classified as investigational compounds, are not making a logical argument.

In other words, you can’t be critical of one and then fine with the other especially when the other is far more of a black hole than the thing one is critical of.
i don't use black market gear but i don't call people names who do...

K

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i don't use black market gear but i don't call people names who do...
Didn’t call anybody names. Just made observations and voiced my view on these observations. :)