The return and rebuild of a solid body and mind

anabolicge

Awards
Info:
Weight: 195 lbs
Height 5' 7

Background:
When I first fell in love with training I was 14 years old as a freshman in high school. I was 5' 4 around 120 lbs a friend of mine had started working out and got me interested in the lifestyle. I trained hard for about 5 years all through out high school and college freshman year everything was good and then I fell into a slump mentally due to a rough break up and trying to cope. I lost my mental edge and changed my lifestyle to something that I regret.. During the 6 years of training every day I went through different workouts, and training philosophies learning how my body reacted to certain diets and routines. I gained a lot of knowledge on supplements, diets and found what worked for me...FAST FORWaRD - I was in a severe car wreck making it hard for me to work out (not like i had the drive to). However I am back now with a clean slate (body is not but, my mind is and i feel like I have fully recovered from my injuries). That being said I have been out of the game for about 4 years now and am slowly getting back into the swing of things. My goals are to get my body back to the state it was ( ~176-180 lbs -10% body fat ) I have always enjoyed the physic of gymnast and that is what I am looking to achieve. My goals are to cut down my fat percentage while resculpting my body.

Current:
I am officially 1 week back into the swing of things doing basic compound lifts to try and get my strength back and keep myself safe from injury. I am working out at my personal gym so I have everything I need for the most part, excluding a few things but that is nothing that improvising will not be able to take care of..I am hoping that muscle memory will help me in gains for the beginning unless it is gone from being out of it for so long. The thing I am happy about is that I am restarted with a bigger "frame" than I did at a younger age.

***IF YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR MY WORKOUTS PLEASE POST I AM OPEN TO ALL IDEAS AND WOULD LOVE SOME HELP/MOTIVATION**

LOG POST WILL START TOMORROW MORNING (~10am central time zone)

current supps:
ZMK by millennium roughly 30 minutes before bed
L-Arganine 1000mg x 4 / day taken every 3-4 hours
Agmatine 2000mg / day (breakfast / mid day)
BCAA 2000mg / day (breakfast / mid day)
CLA 4.8g / day timed out over 10 hrs
Natural Resveratrol
Krill 1000mg / day (breakfast)
50/50 mix of Whey + Casein Protein ~30g of each every 4 hours
Glutamine 3x / day
breakfast = ~30-40 mins before initial meal

Diet:
Trying to slowly integrate to six meals / day currently doing 4-5 depending on schedule
brown rice, broccoli, eggs, various fruits and veggies trying to eat as clean as possible..
(I NEED HELP ON THIS PART ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT)

SIDE NOTE:
Maybe I am weird or different but i prefer to work out alone and really try to mentally picture the muscle movement for my exercises I feel like mentally picturing what my body is doing helps to motivate me.

My end goal:
I would like to be around 190 lbs with 10% body fat comfortably be proportioe in size and strength for every part of my body.

Further:
I will be changing work out routine every 3-4 weeks and after about 9-12 weeks into it I feel that I will be able to slowly integrate some old work outs i was doing..

Please all advice and opinions are welcome if you see that I am doing something that I could be doing better let me know, all help is welcomed.

Thank you for your time.
-G

anabolicge

Awards
thank you just finishing pre cooking my meals for next couple of days:
main meals:
chicken breast, broccoli/spinach leaf, rice, red potatoes
snacks:
blueberries, strawberries, hummus

anabolicge

Awards
*reserved*
day 1: Back/Shoulder
~20 mins
Stretch/get mindset for workout

reverse grip pulldown:

3x set
rep: 20 weight-
rep: 15 weight-
rep: 12 weight-

close grip pulldown:

3x set

wide grip pulldown:

3x set

wide grip row:

3x set

bent over barbell row:

3x set

upright row:

3x set

See you boys in the morning..

anabolicge

Awards
Sleep - My sleep went well however I only got about 6 hours fully in was too excited for my first time back in college in couple years today i guess..who knows..

Diet:
made eggs and mixed in some left over chicken and potatoes for breakfast (winning)
Post workout- Protein shake and left overs from breakfast

day 1: Back/Shoulder
~20 mins
Stretch/get mindset for workout - 10 mins of stretching, 10 minutes of abs, 5 mins of just focusing and breathing thinking about my workout and visualizing where I would like myself and my body to be in the next couple of months..

reverse grip pulldown:

3x set
rep: 20 weight-50
rep: 15 weight-70
rep: 12 weight-80

close grip pulldown:

3x set
rep: 15 weight-60

wide grip pulldown:

3x set
rep: 15 weight-60

wide grip row:

3x set
rep: 15 weight-50
rep: 12 weight-50

bent over barbell row:

3x set
rep: 20 weight-65
rep: 15 weight-65
rep: 12 weight-65

upright row:

3x set
Dumbbell
rep: 20 weight-35
rep: 15 weight-35
rep: 12 weight-35

Don't care so much about the weight as i do for proper form and getting my mind to muscle connection back.
Work out went well was able to feel pumps and visualize my muscle contracting during the work outs. Overall I am happy with todays work out - let's hope my first day back to college goes well and the vibes keep coming. Time for a shake and get ready for classes..See you all later this evening - hope everyone has a blessed day.
-G

anabolicge

Awards
today in general went very well for me, workout was solid - meal timing was great todays foods consisted of:
Supps:
All listed in the first post...had the amazing experience of taking my krill and the gelatin cap popped in my mouth lol...let's just say DEF NOT THE BEST TASTE/BREATH in the AM..:11:

Green Tea- 24oz
Water- 48oz
eggs w/chicken and some habanero sauce
broccoli, fried rice, chicken, egg roll (chinese nom nom nom)
chicken and spinace leaf
3x protein shakes
more chicken and spinach leaf
blue berries and white rice
and in about an hour ill have my final meal for the day, you guessed it...spinach leaf and chicken

mid day when i got home around 5pm from after my ccna class my body crashed and i took a solid hour long nap woke up sluggish took a shower and was refreshed I am thinking this is because of the diet change + early AM workouts and my body just needs to get into the swing of things? Maybe i need to add in more sugars? (SUGGESTIONS PLEASE)

anyways..HELP/SUGGESTIONS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

-G

anabolicge

Awards
Sleep - Did not sleep great for some reason my body crashed around 10-11pm and i stayed up watching a movie then became wide awake...was up until around 4am for some reason probably played in bed for a good 3 hours before i found a comfortable position to sleep in (forgot to take my ZMK) slept in a bit and hit a good 7 hours or so of sleep luckily I have my mid day class at 5 so off to stretch and get ready..will post weight in a bit!

Diet:
made eggs and mixed in some left over chicken and potatoes for breakfast (yum)
Post workout- Protein shake and left overs from breakfast(always)

day 1: Tricep/Bicep
~20 mins
Stretch/get mindset for workout - 10 mins of stretching, 10 minutes of abs, 5 mins of just focusing and breathing thinking about my workout and visualizing where I would like myself and my body to be in the next couple of months..

Triceps:

extension
rep:20
rep:15
rep:12

over head

skull crusher

pull down

reverse grip pull down

biceps:

barbell curl

reverse curl

hammer curl

incline curl

single preacher curl

anabolicge

Awards
been a good couple of weeks i was not able to post, but my workouts have been going strong I am currently 197 @ 18% body fat I am still using the 20/15/12 split and keeping an eye on my diet been slowing getting more anal about it currently taking in 2400-2500 cal / day 6x meals / day eating as clean as i can. My structure seems to be popping back and I am happy to say my spark is back.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck on your journey, man! ZMK still helping you sleep soundly?

anabolicge

Awards
yes, it has sorry i haven't posted much been very busy ill update log tonight after homework. The ZMK is still working well. My sleep is full it started with a "constant" 6 hrs and now that my lifts have gone up a bit and my workouts are becoming more intense I am doing a solid 8 hrs of sleep. I recently joined a gym because I was tired of lacking certain exercises. I have lost 5 lbs and my body is beginning to look firmer. I will be checking my BF% tomorrow.. Never been a big fan of cardio but have been trying to add in about 30-40 mins every day at night switching up certain styles and intensity. Strength and muscular fatigue have really started to kick in this week and everything is feeling great. My mass has really started coming back defiantly not as defined as before but mass is definitly coming on so I am using this go around to really try and improve problem areas I had when I initially was lifting. I am thinking after next week I will change up my workout style as far as rep/weight/sets go. (THOUGHTS????)

anabolicge

Awards
heres an update:

i started this journey on 8/23/15 today is 5/31/16 i took these pics over the past 2 months i am down to 176 lbs and have lost quite a bit of body fat..I have made new friends and changed my view on life..I have learned nothing will come easy it is up to you to put in the work and do it...I have gotten into nutrition more as the months roll by and i love it..I hope that within a year I will be able to do a men's physique competition..

Sorry I didn't post I became discouraged..

heres some pics..I will try to find some pics from when I first started back!!

13095783_667178630090178_8877070544755818664_n.jpg

ge2.png

ge1.png

ge3.png

I have never worked this hard for something in my life and I love that as my body changes so does my mind..I am happy with who I am becoming and the weight has taught me so much it is something that has truly saved me.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking great man! Good work!

anabolicge

Awards
thank you Im going to try and be more active on here I appreciate the compliment! Im in the process of changing up my nutrition and trying to learn more about insulin levels/how to manipulate it with fasted cardio at the moment..still have some fat i want to drop