THE OFFICIAL-Wideguy Anagen Log

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well after the atonishingly large lack of responce or interest in my "unofficial anagen log". I figured I'd just wait it out till the official, since I'm imagining most people just weren't having it since I was still technically "on". Now I'm completely off and the two bottles of Anagen that have been provided by Scivation will be used. Although I still have a little more left from my first bottle.

As of this morning I weighed in at 223.5 lbs wich has me down a few lbs from the end of my last cycle and those few pounds have all been lost in this week as I was a solid 227-230 every day for the last week. I did eat McDonalds last night for the first time in about 2-3 week, so I'd expect the exact opposite when I stepped on the scale this morning. Perhaps all the salt and the soda I drank has me dehydrated?

So far from the first bottle I've noticed a definite leaning out and hardening up effect at 5 caps a day. I was under the impression that 5 caps was the reccomended amount for someone my size? However, I keep seeing guys who weigh less using more so I'm open for suggestion??? Keith? Or anyone esle at Scivation? I've got 2 full bottles, would 10 a day be alright? 8? I'm open for suggestions 100%.

I just started a modified WestSide program (westside for skinny bastards) last night. I've done the program before and liked it alot so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can gain from the Anagen and increased cals. I've usually shot for around 6,000 to 7,000 when I'm bulking on an AAS cycle, so I'll try and stay around 5,000 give or take a few 100 cals as needed.

Should look something like this
300 grams protein
700-750 grams carbs
100-120 grams fat
All clean foods very little ****
Chicken, Steak, Fish
Romaine lettuce, spinach, asparaguas, brocolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, string beans, steel cut/weight control oatmeal, whole grain,bread, sprout bread, fat free yogurt, fat free milk, alright you guys get the idea CLEAN BULK.

My goal would be to get up to 230 or damn close to it. The only other supplements I'm using and have been using are REM, Excell, fish oil, and PowerFull. I could stop the PowerFull as I understand why it could definetly skew the results of using Anagen. Your call Sci Guys?

Last night was max effort upper body day and I did rack lockouts as my main lift then incline dumbell bench, cable rows, face pulls, and seated dumbell powerclean. I didn't set any PR's then again I haven't done rack lockouts in awhile. Overall it was a good workout. Still can't tell the difference between being on or off in terms of pump and my strength gains seems to still be climbing slow and steady since I've been off.

More to come later this week.

M

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Do the damn thing....good luck

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well here's what it looks like so far. I'm going to be eating alot more then I have been but less then I have in that past. Should be around 5,000 cals a day with 2 days cardio a week (just for my ticker's health). I'm going to keep my protein around 300 which is a bit less then I'm used to but based on what I've picked up from some of the boys here something like 1.5-1.8 grams per lb should do the trick nicely compared to my normal 2, the deficit will be made up for with complex carbs coming from beans, legumes, whole grains and other nutrient dense carb sources. Fats will mostly be from fish oil caps, olive oil, nuts, and other healthy fat sources. I WILL be eating the occasional slice of pizza or enjoy some god damn Gelati because I live in jersey it's summer time and I'm fairly lean as is.

I will say this about Anagen or any other non-hormonal product like it. I feel that having just ended a cycle about 1 month ago and having done a few before it my gains from these products will be minimal to maintenance at best. NOT knocking any of you boys at Scivation or any of the other companies here as I think these products are excellent and are only getting better as I have mentioned on other posts with USP. Still I just don't expect much. However, on the other hand my healthy dose of skepticism should rule out any placebo affect :)

So here's what I'll be doing and have been for the past few days. Once again I've already ran a bottle through pct at 4-5 caps a day. Now for the past 3 days I've been using 10 caps a day, alongside 6 powerfull (orange caps), 1-2 servings of exceed (lemonade mmmm!). I'm running the anagen at a higher dose because I seem to notice a leaning affect from what I've ran so far, which could be completely unrealated since I was in pct. However, I was running an ai the entire cycle eating clean and stacking two compounds that do not bloat me at all (trn/var). Soo I'm going to run the higher dose along with more of a bulking diet and see how effective it is at keeping me lean with the surplus. So far soo good,although I'm really tempted to try out that melting point/basic cuts stack along with it and just wolfing out on clean carbs and protein. However, that would REALLY skew things.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Good luck. I have my doubts about Anagen, but I look foreword to you proving me wrong.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well nothing to report thus far. I've been eating a little less clean, and getting in more calories from it. My protein intake is around 300-350 grams a day and if I had to put a ration on the shakes vs food it would be around 80/20%. I still continue to be leaning out/or at least staying lean despite eating alot more and "cheat day sunday" woof sessions. Also just something to note I have been sore for the first time in a LONG time (since I've before I started my cycle like 3-4 months back). Not sure why that is as sleep, nutrition and everything else seems to be in order. The only thing I could say that was different is I couldn't take my REM serving the other night, and I didn't sleep in my own bed. However, I ate like a dog both days and got ALOT of sleep.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I missed a single on my 9th set of dls with 525 but I did get 505 and that was nice. On top of that my pumps are still pretty ridiculous and I really can't notice much of a difference other then "slightly" less strength then when I was on test/var. I will say that the body comp effects seem to be similar. I'm very hard and dense looking, slightly more vascular and despite not eating as clean and eating a bit more cal in general I'm still holding and maybe even leaning out a bit. My mood seems to be pretty good all around, but I'm also in a good point in my life so that's kinda hard associate directly to anagen.

I'm not done with it yet and in fact have a good 2 weeks or so left to test things out. I will say that so far if you get it at the right price (I've seen it at like $20 a bottle) then it's VERY VERY worth using and is yet another product that makes pct ALOT less of a displeasure. In fact there's times when I'm using products like these that I like them more then using AAS. NO ****.

Scivation

Scivation

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I missed a single on my 9th set of dls with 525 but I did get 505 and that was nice. On top of that my pumps are still pretty ridiculous and I really can't notice much of a difference other then "slightly" less strength then when I was on test/var. I will say that the body comp effects seem to be similar. I'm very hard and dense looking, slightly more vascular and despite not eating as clean and eating a bit more cal in general I'm still holding and maybe even leaning out a bit. My mood seems to be pretty good all around, but I'm also in a good point in my life so that's kinda hard associate directly to anagen.

I'm not done with it yet and in fact have a good 2 weeks or so left to test things out. I will say that so far if you get it at the right price (I've seen it at like $20 a bottle) then it's VERY VERY worth using and is yet another product that makes post cycle therapy ALOT less of a displeasure. In fact there's times when I'm using products like these that I like them more then using anabolic steroids. NO ****.
Wow, this is awesome.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well this is close to the wrap up and I'm still going to stand by my last statement. It seems like this product has more of nutrient repartitioning effect vs an anabolic effect, so using it in a lean recomp would be and in my case was a good idea. I've managed to stay pretty lean while eating surplus after a cycle and while I was down like 3-5 lbs for awhile now. Now I'm actually back up to being only a 1-2 lbs away from where I was on cycle, and I'm slightly leaner. The main thing I seem to notice is that I'm alot more dense and solid then I would be otherwise, vascularity is slightly up but I'm not a vascular person at all. I'll probably drop one more post to wrap things up in another week to 10 days when I polish my last bottle off.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
wide guy...you think if I dip a little bit into a deficit (with carb cycling) this would help you lean out a little faster while maintaining LBM?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would suspect that it would, assuming we're talking about the same thing. By carb cycling do you mean eating more carbs on the days you lift and less on the days you don't?

I noticed that despite cutting my carbs down MUCH lower then what they where on cycle I didn't seem to lose much/any strength and I was off? Plus my pumps where still pretty decent. So I think the answer to your question would be yes.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I would suspect that it would, assuming we're talking about the same thing. By carb cycling do you mean eating more carbs on the days you lift and less on the days you don't?

I noticed that despite cutting my carbs down MUCH lower then what they where on cycle I didn't seem to lose much/any strength and I was off? Plus my pumps where still pretty decent. So I think the answer to your question would be yes.
yeah, and then one or 2 carb up days.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well assuming you don't go too crazy on your carb up days, common sense I'd say you'd be good to go. BTW, not that it's the greatest place for reviews but I was just over ont he BN board looking at some products and checked out that anagen reviews. All looked good and everyone seems to say the same thing.

T

thedon3534

Awards
So did upping the dosage make a big difference? Im almost done with my pp and tst and was going to run 2 months of 6 caps/day. I am 260 pounds..... think I should change the dosage or just see how I react?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ran 10 caps a day for a little while but I think that running 6 did about the same thing. I'm definitely not 260 though, so that would play a large role in how many to take. I'd follow the table that Scivation has for dosing and see how it works for you biggin.However, for $20 a bottle it's a damn good price and wouldn't break the bank for most people.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've dropped the dose from 10 down to 6-7 and for the first time in awhile I've been sore? Not sure if it's merely that I've been training with intensity over volume and just recently switched to a very high volume workout. ALthough that's pretty likely to be the issue. Doing 5-8 reps regularly then jumping to 45 reps is a large change.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well I'm going to put this baby to bed boys and girls. I liked anagen and on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rate it probably around 7 1/2 maybe even an 8. Wich is pretty darn good. I didnt' gain alot of muscle from it 1-2 lbs on the scale but I am leaner as well so based on my change in body comp plus those 2 lbs I probably put on around 5 lbs of muscle and I seemed to have lost a bit of fat. Overall I look much harder and more dense. The vascularity did increase a bit but I'm not very vascular at all and never have been so that's saying alot. It did seem to have a nice effect on recovery and having tried rhodiola before I can attest that it had the mood enhancing effects one would greatly appreciate during pct or any other time for that matter. However, it did only seem to really give the mood boosting affect for the first bottle and 1/2 wich is still not bad at all. I just think that like most herbal products they downregulate kind of quickly. BTW, I reffering to the rhodiola. The nitrogen retention properties of anagen seemed to be pretty noticeable the entire time I was on it. Once again if you can grab a few bottles for $40 it's absolutely worth it.