the essentials...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
some might have already brought it up in the sticky but some basic supplements that most take on or off cycle would be aight. (i.e. protein, creatine, glutamine....)

shady

Awards
mine are a multi , liver tabs , flax oil , and protein .

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
multi and other vitamins are great but you can get them at your local sams club or costco for real cheap. double on that flax though

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
I am currently working with a company now to purchase custom blends of popular protein shakes.  I will offer whey, whey-casein, and casein products in the most popular flavor(s).  Don't know about prices yet becuase I don't know myself...I'll post it when they become available.

As far as multi's go...I can't compete with Wal-mart ;)

Chemo

Bone

Awards
I am currently working with a company now to purchase custom blends of popular protein shakes.  I will offer whey, whey-casein, and casein products in the most popular flavor(s).  Don't know about prices yet becuase I don't know myself...I'll post it when they become available.

Chemo
Thats what I'm talking about!!! Everybody needs a good protein blend!!

Peace

Bone

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established

Chemo
im so excited ;) if the prices are even competitive, its grounds to get it here (atleast i know it wont take a week to get my order in :D ) hint: metrx protein plus choc chemo.....another :D

Bone

Awards
I say Optimum Pro Complex................Hint hint ;)

Peace

Bone

BrKonman

Awards
Originally posted by Bone

Peace

Bone

Yeah, I've been hearing quite a few good words on that. And it's almost time to pick up some new tubs... hope you're ready soon, Chemo. I don't wanna have to buy little tubs to hold me over until yours come up. Even the little tubs of Pro-Complex are expensive to get at a Whole Foods Market.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
the thing with procomplex is that its source has two types in the blend (whey mix & egg albumen) and im not saying it aint good in both taste and quality, cuz ive never tried it) but in my blends, i rather have a wider range in my protein type.

deaconbill

Awards
Is there any possibility of getting any EAS products like Myoplex shakes, etc.  Local companies like GNC are a ripoff.  You guys rock!  Is Myoplex what I should be taking anyway?  I am relatively new to the supp world; most of what I know I learned when I did a Body for Life 3 mo workout beginning June 1 and fell in love with BB.  Now have a very complete home gym and don't plan on stopping.  Wished I had never stopped 35 yrs ago.  Oh well.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Is there any possibility of getting any EAS products like Myoplex shakes, etc.  Local companies like GNC are a ripoff.  You guys rock!  Is Myoplex what I should be taking anyway?  I am relatively new to the supp world; most of what I know I learned when I did a Body for Life 3 mo workout beginning June 1 and fell in love with BB.  Now have a very complete home gym and don't plan on stopping.  Wished I had never stopped 35 yrs ago.  Oh well.
(shaking head) deaconhill buddy, you not shopping around the web for your supps and choosing (sigh) gnc so far....you been missing out on deals and taking it right in your wallet my friend. pm me if you want the best sites for eas (i didnt know if chemo wanted to me to spill

deaconbill

Awards
I've only been inside the local GNC and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I left, wallet intact.  In my post I asked if the EAS line was a good all around line to be suppl with.  I know it has alot of good stuff in it but is it pricewise the best there is out there.  Would appreciate the suggestions on best price though.  Thanks.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
(shaking head) deaconhill buddy, you not shopping around the web for your supps and choosing (sigh) gnc so far....you been missing out on deals and taking it right in your wallet my friend. pm me if you want the best sites for eas (i didnt know if chemo wanted to me to spill
Don't ever hesitate to give good sources for supps.

Chemo

deaconbill

Awards
Thanks my friends.  Any feedback on these products?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I've only been inside the local GNC and after I picked my jaw up off the floor I left, wallet intact.  In my post I asked if the EAS line was a good all around line to be suppl with.  I know it has alot of good stuff in it but is it pricewise the best there is out there.  Would appreciate the suggestions on best price though.  Thanks.
eas top 3 manufacturer when considering value, taste, and product line. myoplex series very popluar (by me too) cuz the taste is the better ones for mrp and you can get it for around a buck a packet. (also, i love thick shakes) their straight protein powder (simply, precision, hp) ive all tried. stick with simply whey and precision protein (simply being more cost effective while the precision profile a bit better and taste better). i actually use their creatine transport form (phosphagen hp) you can get 42 servings for 16 bucks (and that works out the same price range as getting seperate creatine powder and dext/malt) they been around for awhile now (but some has said the quality/taste has changed since the starter of the company got out. Simply put, its a good one man.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
Vitamins and whey protein are the only things I take off cycle. Each day I do one gallon skim milk with 5 scoops of protein powder. That gives me about 225+ grams of protein as my base, so I can adjust the rest of my diet accordingly.

labrad

Awards
  • Established

Peace

Bone
This is what I use. I mix the chocolate flavor (best IMO and yes I have tried all 3) with skim milk. It tastes good, even my girlfriend likes it.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Well no supplement is essential, hence the name supplement by as far as the most important:

Creatine
Flax oil
Liver tabs
Whey protein

I left out a multi vitamin because with a good diet and liver tabs you simply dont need them, glutamine is worthless and protein blend is too when you can buy milk.

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Well no supplement is essential, hence the name supplement by as far as the most important:

Creatine
Flax oil
Liver tabs
Whey protein

I left out a multi vitamin because with a good diet and liver tabs you simply dont need them, glutamine is worthless and protein blend is too when you can buy milk.
Can you take your post-workout whey with skim milk or will this slow the absorption of the whey? I had to ask this question. I have seen both sides debated many times. Plus, my whey (Optimum) tastes a lot better with skim milk.

Sean

Awards
Don't think it matters. Whey weighs much less than casein.

Kay

Awards

Can you take your post-workout whey with skim milk or will this slow the absorption of the whey? I had to ask this question. I have seen both sides debated many times. Plus, my whey (Optimum) tastes a lot better with skim milk.
i think the answer is "it depends"

if you take post workout whey with water, or gatorade or dextrose, it only stays in your system for an hour or so, cause your body sucks it up. so you have to consume and MRP or whey with carbs withing an hour or so post workout for sustained protein delivery.

If you dont plan on drinking an MRP (basically another source of whey protein, with carbs to slow the absorption), drink it with milk will give your body casein, providing a slow release of amino acids and preventing your body to go in a catabolic state.

yes, drinking whey in milk will slow it down, but its better than drinking with plain water and not having anything after for a few hours.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
backing up what kay said. i prefer not to. (keeping post workout drink strickly whey) this is due to the fact i have a whole meal 1-1.5 hour after the post shake so even with the whey being in my system for around an hour or so, im consuming another high protein meal close to the post shake.
To make your post w/o shake better tasting, just add in your dext/malt with your protein powder instead (if you're not doing this yet) and that will make your powder much sweeter.

yourdaddy

yourdaddy

Awards
multi, liver tabs, flax oil, whey protein, vit. c in no specific order

crashtestdummy

Awards
newbie question

YJ

Why liver tabs if there's problem with it's digestion and how much flax oil daily.

Thanks.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Re: newbie question

YJ

Why liver tabs if there's problem with it's digestion and how much flax oil daily.

Thanks.
3 table spoons of flax a day and Im not understanding the liver tab digestion question bro....