The Ecdysterone expirement..

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought I would do somewhat of a log here since the new Anagen product seems to have done so well.
I will (well,.. AM using):
Anagen: 4 caps daily
20-Hydroxyecdysterone
Rhodiola Rosea
Bacopa Monniera

Sci-fit's EcdySterone 300 x 3 caps daily
Container Size: 300mg/60 Capsules
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving:
20-Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone: 300mg

I decided to go with both products, to try and eliminate ANY chance of underdosing.
My intention was over a gram of ecdysterone, whicj, if I do the math right,... :run:
leads to X amount of 20-ECDY.

I started this stack yesterday. I will try to keep my usual diet, but will include some more protein in the form of shakes, as ECDY is said to do well on a high protein diet (what doesn't do well on a high protein diet:wtf: -anyways,..)

As of right now, adding any weight is pretty hard to do as I ca ntend to skate on the virge of maintenence pretty easily. Any supplement offering an anti-catabolic / anabolic or calorie sparing effect will yeild results for me.
So, I will note any effects on endurrence I expirence, any strength gains or anything else I think could be bennificial. But, I will mostly judge this supp (for me) on Lbs increase alone, as I am not tring to do any cutting, and "bulking" -to the best of my ability right now.

Other supplements include:
AMPED (ergopharm)- I workout in the evenings, andat that time I have already biked/walked 4+ miles that day,.. coffee maker broke last night :nutkick: so, I Need something to get me going
XTEND. Currently did a little MEGA dosing, cut it back recently, (finances are going towards more "hard to find" items" right now. I will still use 1 serving durring workout, 1 afterworkout with my protein/oat shake.

I may add some random supps in there, but nothing dramatic. I am also finishing the last 5 days or so of my X-factor (which I got nothing off of - whole other story)

Anyways,.. I will map out what I can, let you know.
Just wanted to lay the foundation down right now.

gbody

Awards
Sounds great dude..I'm kinda doing the samething now but I'm on pct with all the stuff..good luck and ill keep an eye out for updates.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Good luck man, Im running a log of anagen right now and its going well :D

Why did you not do well on Xfactor? Did you just not respond or was there something wrong with your cycle..? I haven't heard of a non responder yet :p

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont know why I didnt get anything out of it (unless the alledged "magic" happens in the next week)
I reallyu wish I had,.. something thats could be pretty anabolic and NOT hormonal. Hince THIS log.

So far, I havent "felt" anything from the Anagen/ECDY yet,.. but Im hoping something will come up within the first 14 days.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I dont know why I didnt get anything out of it (unless the alledged "magic" happens in the next week)
I reallyu wish I had,.. something thats could be pretty anabolic and NOT hormonal. Hince THIS log.

So far, I havent "felt" anything from the Anagen/ECDY yet,.. but Im hoping something will come up within the first 14 days.
I actually FEEL my muscles getting bigger, which hasn't happened since I started using creatine over a year ago... granted Ive tried a LOT of things since then haha

Were you staying low on Omegas and keeping cals protein reeeeal high on Xfactor?

gbody

Awards
So you guys on anagen how many bottles do you think to finish cycle?

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I stopped my Omega supplementation. Like I said before, I followed the rules pretty much. NO, I DIDN'T KEEP call really high. If I wanted to (or could) do that, I wouldnt have tried the Xfactor. I ate more then usual the majority of the time though.
IMO - how can you really know if a supplement works or not if your going to increase your cals greatly? I mean,.. I could give you ground bat penis in tab form, tell you had to up your cals and you'd expirence gains.
I mean, while I know that even with supps you need to eat a surplus, I surely didnt go overboard like I could have. I pretty eat the same damn thing every day anyways- so its easy for me to know if Im eating more of it,.. and I did try. I didnt try the entire time, but I had my week long spurts where I went the extra distance. The other times, I ate above maintenence.
I dont want this to turn into a "Hate on X-factor" thred.
I was just dissapointed thats all

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Ya I get what your saying... Every product has its non reponders, just sucks when you don't respond to things that other people are having success on.

This ECDY experiment should be sweet though :D Your getting some high doses of this stuff, so I don't see how you wont respond to this :p

Good luck bro

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, that would be the point!!! I figure, if it does work, (like has been sugested) then let it work!! I would hate to miss out because of under dosing. As usually, I dont have any expectations here, so if things go well its an added bounous.

-I can always resort back to one of the many "other" supps I have -for some reason- decided to stockpile, should I absolutely need to. (The reason I am looking and hoping this does work, is cause after a very short, debilitating TRN run that lasted a week, I decided I wouldnt do anything like that for a while, .... I hated having to make "excuses for myself" in bed... but my TGF (temporary girlfriend,.. long story/explination I guess) goes out for 6 months+ in a little while on duty, so I have plenty of time later to screw with my hormones.

-I really need to stay on topic here! :nutkick:

kamikazikid

Awards
Good luck to you man. I'm pretty sure you'll have success with this ecdy, as a dose over 1 gram is definitely a formidable one. I also started a similar suppliment regimen last week with 1000mg Methoxy, 600mg Ecdy, and 600mg Ipriflavone per day. Mixin' it up a little lol. So anyway, I will surely check back on this in a couple days and see how its going for you. Again, good luck.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Alright, checked the scale yesterday...
I weighed in a 185.7 - 186 SO, taken at face value, thats at least a pound jump.
Now, I will flux between 183-184.5 on the avarage. But I havent increased my water intake any, (other then increases in fluids from the xtra protein shakes.).

Anywyas, I only worked bicepts yesterday, as my calves and chest/tri's were a little sore. I was pretty sluggish at the gym, despite that I took some Amped before.
I have never fluxed to 186 before, so there must be an increase in poundage. We will see what I weigh in tonight.

I slept like ass last night, .. freakn tooth ach, that I have been putting off for far too long now to go get the damn thing removed. Im going to call this morning and scheduale the exorcism of this evil for Friday. From what I have herd, Its an in and out proceedure. I have had it done before, when younger,.. but also had spacers put in prep work for bvraces,.. so my last memory of it is pretty painfull.
Hopefully though, I'll only be out of the gym for 1 day,.. but honestly, I know I could use the day off.

Nothing else to report, no increase in well being, no noticable stamina,... nothing. Just the weight increase.
I may be dropping some bodyfat though, too hard to tell right now.
Although Im sure the reading is wrong, my bodyfat was measured (electronicly , hand held device) at 12.9% or 13.9%, I cant remember (or dont want too :twisted: )
I'll get a weigh in tonight and get measured also, just to have it on record.

lilman

Awards
u should stack it with methoxy isoflavone and ipraflavone, i had damn good results when stacking those with ecdy. 2-3 pounds a week for 4 weeks then i quit.. strength increases everyweek as well... i responded easily not sure of hte ecdy dosing but my methoxy wasnot to high around 300mg i think ... **** i did good with animal paks m stack tho thats 100mg a pop per all 3. goodluck tho bro

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Just make sure to take it with high protein meals, that's very important

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
185.6lbs.
Bodyfat reading (Im sure its not right) 14.2%
But, even if its wrong, i can still gauge increases or decreases.

So, apparently, I put on another 0.5lbs!!
Last week I avaraged in at 184, and I dont look like I gained any fat. My last BF% reading was 13.8, but it takes heartrate into consideration for the reading, Im sure pre-workout stims will will mess with the readings.

So far, doosing 1.5grams+ seems to be doing something. I MAY add methoxy to the mix, if I can find a cheap source.

lilman

Awards
i know a really cheap source for it but since we areont aloud to post sources. maybe that is jsut for steroids.... i cant remember......However i know my favorite site is bulk nutrition :)

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can post board sponsor sources.
I'll give em a look,..see what I can find
thanks

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well, I dont get any hype out of either of the products. No noticable endurrence,..
Basicly, Its like I swallow a bunce of pills, and my number on the scale goes up. :blink:
Kinda cool though! -
How's your run comming along LMD?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
u should stack it with methoxy isoflavone and ipraflavone, i had damn good results when stacking those with ecdy. 2-3 pounds a week for 4 weeks then i quit.. strength increases everyweek as well... i responded easily not sure of hte ecdy dosing but my methoxy wasnot to high around 300mg i think ... **** i did good with animal paks m stack tho thats 100mg a pop per all 3. goodluck tho bro
I remember stacking all 3 about 6 years ago and not really noticing anything out of the normal. My strength was increasing steadily but I thought it was because I had everything in check. Well when the bottles finished, I didn't buy anymore and guess what? My strength started to decline. So, I'm not sure if it's something that you can feel outright but it definitely helps and you'll know it when you come off.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Not going too bad at all, I will no more now that I am just passing week 2 of PCT because now the gains will truly show that they are coming from Anagen as opposed to me not gaining much since my test levels are so low.

I posted a thread called "Anagen Overview" in this forum though.

DO you think the gains you are currently making are worth what you paid for that stuff or what? Be honest too, just curious.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its a little too early to tell to be honest. I will tell you that I really have to make an effort to make gains right now (past year or so). My numbers are up,.. but because of that damn electronic bodyfat tester at my gym Im gonna start shaving off a little. I'll still keep protein high, so well see where it goes.
I found some Methoxt on ebay: $4.00 for a 60ml bottle with 50mg methoxy-7-.... per serving. -I bought 3 , thjinbking that Id dose heavy with that also. I found that SCi-Fit also has a Methoxy 500 !!! Should have gotten that. If it works, I think that you could run the two for less then $50.00,.. put on maybe 3-6 pounds in a month. No PCT needed.
Is that worh it?? -thats a personal descission.

I'll continue to update, as this was a rough weekend, so I ended up not eating like I should have, and sleeping some.

It's looking as long as I do my part, the ECDY does it's. Hopefully, the methoxy will liven things up some too.

lilman

Awards
when i took ecdy, methoxy , and ipraflavone i didnot have any noticable increases in energy or physcological advantages but my strenth and weight went up. I could notice my muscles feeling tighter as well as looking tighter and bigger. u should cycle edcy tho as it starts losing effectivness after around 20 days. also when u buy the ecdy make sure u can try to get it in teh purest form you can. i managed to get it in the form before it is turned into ecdy. rhapticum carthomides (spelling) and it worked well for me. product was vyo var i believe by vyo tech.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The product I used say 99% pure. Now, I see there are a few fillers listed, and I find it hard to beleive that is PURE 20-ECDY, but, the ingreadients say 20-ectosteron,.. then 99% pure.

Anyways- Weighed in at 184 last night. This is a little less then the 165.5 that got me excited. HOWEVER, I did have a really screwed up weekend, and have been tring to shed a bit of fat, which I beleive to happening. I'll get my bf% checked tonnight to confirm.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Measured my bodyfat twice last night:
13.9%. wether thats right, I really dont care. What I care about is if it went up or down. And for the most part, (aside from seeing 14.2% last time) that doesnt appear to be a change!

Body weight was 183.0 !! So, I see, I lost a few pounds, but my bodyfat remained the same!! -Im going to war with the scale now! ITs ON!!:nutkick:

Added the 7-methoxyflavone last night. Igot 4 bottles, 60ml each, 50mg per dose.
I dont remember what the most effective dose is,.. but Im shooting for 200mg daily (that doesnt seem out of the normal for some reason).
Anyways- Im not tring to be concervative with it, I only paid $4 for each!
Hell, I might just TRY and mega dose that too! I need a little more information on the stuff first, so Ill see what kind of results are out there first.

One thing to note, is My diet has been off for the past few days. In my attempt to not add any bodyfat, my evening meal (which is about an hour after I lift) has been reduced some. This is just becasue If I eat a crazy big dinner, I can only absorb soo much of it, before it begins to be storred.
I think I'll revert back to this methoed though,.. as I had to fight tooth and nail for these last 3 lbs!!!!

lilman

Awards
200 mg of methoxyisoflavone isnot that high. i would shot for a higher number if u have enough of it.i would go atleast 300 minimum. TAke about half or so with ur post workout protein shake. make sure to gets lots of carbs as well. ... is there ipraflavone in teh methoxy u bout as well. if so thats good. it helps shuttle more macronutrients.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I beleive there is. I'll double check.

yeah- I didnt think 200mg was high at all. I think I'll shoot for like 600mg at least. Maybe Ill bring it to work and just take a dose here or there randomly durring the day. If I notice it having any effect, I'll then be more cautious and make dosing percise. I would like to know if it worked first.
:head:

lilman

Awards
yeah i here ya, im starting up a small stack of methoxy and ecdy right now, about one week one.. and one thing is clear,, my energy and feeling of intensity has gone up in the last couple days. i dont remember that before.. but i like it.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WHY CANT I SEE THE SAIL BOAT!!!
(sorry, no one probably gets that line)

Seriously, Im a little perterbed that I havent gotten any sorts of energy from it!

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
WHY CANT I SEE THE SAIL BOAT!!!
(sorry, no one probably gets that line)

Seriously, Im a little perterbed that I havent gotten any sorts of energy from it!
Mallrats is the best Kevin Smith movie.

On a side note (actually the Mallrats comment should technically be the sidenote): This log should be interesting considering I just bought some Anagen to test out. I like how you are mainly focusing on just the ECDY, though, since I think too many logs add in too many other factors that detract away from seeing if the supplement actually works.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
I noticed I slept better, recovered ALOT faster and seemed to just see my weight on the scale keep creeping up on 800mg of Syntrax's ecdysterone. I've give their stuff a shot i was impressed, my skin and hair also looked healthier.

dontknowaboutme

dontknowaboutme

Awards
I noticed I slept better, recovered ALOT faster and seemed to just see my weight on the scale keep creeping up on 800mg of Syntrax's ecdysterone. I've give their stuff a shot i was impressed, my skin and hair also looked healthier.
800, damn. I am only taking in (5 caps) at 167mg [standardized to 100mg] a day. I guess I will see how I do with that. Maybe I should look for some bulk ecdy or find some higher potency stuff. But I guess if I can see gains off of Anagen then thats good too.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
800, damn. I am only taking in (5 caps) at 167mg [standardized to 100mg] a day. I guess I will see how I do with that. Maybe I should look for some bulk ecdy or find some higher potency stuff. But I guess if I can see gains off of Anagen then thats good too.
Look at my earlier posts, I listed a pretty cheap brand, high in the doses.
Apparently, better results are being seen in doses of a gram plus.

On another note, due to unforseen circumstances Im cutting this log short.
I was doing this log until the H-50 clones became available, and I got mine in the mail on Friday.
What really gets me is yes, there arn't too many logs on ECDY alone, and I happy to help in this respect.
While I cant give any definitive results, I cant exclude the potential it seems to have.
I still have some left over, and Im hoping on only doing 2 weeks of H- (that I can get decent weight gain in 2 weeks. My feeling is with these orals, the best thing to do is get in and get out as soon as you can.)
I will continue this log (essentually start a new one here I guess) in a few weeks.
This will help because I'll be extending my bulking into PCT, and starting the ECDY about a week into it. So, well see what it can do then.
Again, really sorry to cut things short.:run:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
flossy when are you starting the H-clone i'm really interested in that one

lilman

Awards
ok man goodluck with ur clone. yeah maybe try ur ecdy post cycle. or even after ur pct. who knows wat will happen. u might find a good anti-catabolic to run after a cycle to help keep more gains. i think it would be a good experiement to run some methoxy during pct and after pct as well to see if it has further anti-catabolic and anabolic properities to help keep gains and maintain solidness. Just a thought peace. lemme know how things wokout

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
So from the looks of it you aren't liking this stuff too much? I like it as a possible addition to a cutter but nothing more.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok man goodluck with ur clone. yeah maybe try ur ecdy post cycle. or even after ur post cycle therapy. who knows wat will happen. u might find a good anti-catabolic to run after a cycle to help keep more gains. i think it would be a good experiement to run some methoxy during post cycle therapy and after post cycle therapy as well to see if it has further anti-catabolic and anabolic properities to help keep gains and maintain solidness. Just a thought peace. lemme know how things wokout

I definately have enough Methoxy for that!

I started my first cap of my H-MAX Friday evening. So, the first full day was Saturday. Today being Monday, I have not yet jumped on the scale.
I dont like to look at hte numbers for the first 4 days or so,.. Did that with SD (being the first anabolic that I tried out of the new batch and didnt expect it to work- after 3 days, I was up 3lbs! :)
I was thinking of logging it, although I have a feeling that H-clone logs will be in abundence here pretty soon.
I have a locker full of other things, I could add ANYTHING if I wanted to. Now, Im currently also running 100mg Zol with it.