TGR's Modified PowerBuilding v2.0

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am, but I’m always down for motivational competition. I could use the equivalent increase in %.
That’s what it’s all about, brother — motivation and camaraderie. So come along for the ride.

I need to see what I can pull on my new fatty hex bar, which will be next Wednesday (then I deload for a week), and then the three of us can come up with a game plan in terms of percent gain. You should do the same @Dustin007. I suspect youre damn close to 500 lbs already. With my new bar, I’m thinking I can only pull around 400 lbs.

Fwiw, I haven’t been doing heavy singles and need to be conservative to avoid injury. But you guys should go balls out.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That’s what it’s all about, brother — motivation and camaraderie. So come along for the ride.

I need to see what I can pull on my new fatty hex bar, which will be next Wednesday (then I deload for a week), and then the three of us can come up with a game plan in terms of percent gain. You should do the same @Dustin007. I suspect youre damn close to 500 lbs already. With my new bar, I’m thinking I can only pull around 400 lbs.

Fwiw, I haven’t been doing heavy singles and need to be conservative to avoid injury. But you guys should go balls out.
Sounds good to me!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3026.JPG

More goodies on the way!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice. Whatcha gettin’?
From Rogue, a hyperextension side core combo, and from Titan a multi grip cable bar.

IMG_3027.JPG

I almost pulled the trigger on a Rogue reverse hyper a couple days ago, but I may go used with that one. I’m also liking the Squat Max MD.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
From Rogue, a hyperextension side core combo, and from Titan a multi grip cable bar.

View attachment 206942

I almost pulled the trigger on a Rogue reverse hyper a couple days ago, but I may go used with that one. I’m also liking the Squat Max MD.
Very nice. I’ve been looking at the Bells of Steel multigrip bar, which has an eye on it to connect to a cable. But it’s a little pricey for a 20-something pound bar with plastic end caps.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice. I’ve been looking at the Bells of Steel multigrip bar, which has an eye on it to connect to a cable. But it’s a little pricey for a 20-something pound bar with plastic end caps.
We have this local place that opened up that buys used equipment all over Florida and resells it pretty cheap. I try and pop in there once a week or so. They have a constant rotation of stuff.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, two more days before I head to the Florida Keys. 2 nights in Key West, 5 in Marathon. By default, my Deload will roll over another week, obviously.

So I created a 7-day split for vacation.

IMG_3029.JPG

I attached some band pegs to a 2x2 piece of plywood, made an iron Landmine attachment, and I’m taking all my bands with some other trinkets to complete my workouts. I have an iron “barbell.” I shouldn’t miss much.

IMG_2976.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

I’m excited to start my next training cycle when I return. I’m not sure what my exact schedule will be, but I will aim for my last rotation if my body and schedule can take it. Deload every 7th week.

IMG_3028.JPG

I originally thought I would go back to belted lifts, but I’m enjoying my progress without a belt. On a positive note, my belt now fits again without increasing the size. Tight, but fits.

So I’ll intermittently add the belt when I think it’s necessary. I’d love to hit a deadlift PR without a belt. I know I’m not close to my squat max and probably won’t be without belt.

It’s going to be a good summer.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Trip and on-the-go training sound good as does the new training cycle.

But wear a belt when going heavy man, if only for appearances — you’re making some of us look like vaginas, unattractive ones.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Trip and on-the-go training sound good as does the new training cycle.

But wear a belt when going heavy man, if only for appearances — you’re making some of us look like vaginas, unattractive ones.
Haha. Thanks, but I’m a bit on the heavy side.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Deload Arms

Warmup, 3 rounds
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- Face-pulls x12
- PAPs x20

Rope Pushdowns
3x12

A1. EZ Curl
3x10

A2. Close Grip Press
3x12

B1. Hammer Curl
3x10

B2. Slight Incline EZ Extension
3x15

C1. Reverse EZ Curl
3xN

C2. V-Bar Extension
3x12

C3. Forearm Roles
3x2

N = Failure

IMG_3048.JPG

Packed up and ready to crush some sh!t

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Deload Arms

Warmup, 3 rounds
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- Face-pulls x12
- PAPs x20

Rope Pushdowns
3x12

A1. EZ Curl
3x10

A2. Close Grip Press
3x12

B1. Hammer Curl
3x10

B2. Slight Incline EZ Extension
3x15

C1. Reverse EZ Curl
3xN

C2. V-Bar Extension
3x12

C3. Forearm Roles
3x2

N = Failure

View attachment 206985

Packed up and ready to crush some sh!t
That’s some goodies pack for travel!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It’s been a… trip

Left Friday but I had truck problems. Rested the truck and started anew Saturday morning. Made it 8 miles, then spent the whole day buying a new truck.

Vaca has finally started. First workout tomorrow?

IMG_3077.JPG

IMG_3175.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
My man, you don’t mess around, not one bit. Way to put it back on track. Look forward to hearing about your RV training!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3313.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3317.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3319.JPG

Wiped out. 87°

Thanks guys!

Attachments

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That there is dedication! Excellent session, sir! Hope you’re having a blast!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Honestly so beautiful in it’s simplicity. Wonder how many people could have been doing training like this in their apartments when their gym closed down for COVID but instead made excuses that they didn’t have the money or room.

They didn’t have the dedication.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Way to get after it, sorry to hear about the old truck but that new one is a beauty!!!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That there is dedication! Excellent session, sir! Hope you’re having a blast!
We are having a great time, thank you!

Honestly so beautiful in it’s simplicity. Wonder how many people could have been doing training like this in their apartments when their gym closed down for COVID but instead made excuses that they didn’t have the money or room.

They didn’t have the dedication.
There are an excess of banded exercises available. I admit that I have had access to workouts in the past and made some sort of an excuse not to.

Way to get after it, sorry to hear about the old truck but that new one is a beauty!!!
She was due, and thank you.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workout yesterday:

Lobstering in the keys for a day without fins. Fighting that current is no f’n joke. Fortunately, I was one of the few that was not sore today from the full body workout.

No workout today. I caught up some homework and spent some time at some beaches. Driving back tomorrow morning.

Here’s some beach candy.

DBED7D94-A0C1-43F8-B104-8123B596ED7A.jpg

745C121D-EE13-4807-9535-35E1D7366DE2.jpg

86AA8384-235E-4EA1-ACC7-FFFF1671F2DA.jpg

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great pics! That’s awesome that you were down there during lobster season! I love the keys!

When I was a kid, my dad’s law firm rented out an entire motel in Islamorada during the lobster mini season, before the commercial lobsterers can start catching them. We’d scuba in teams of two and get 100+ of them over a couple days. It’s pretty damn hard to get many of them skin diving because they largely hide under the coral.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree beautiful scenery!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks guys. The lobster were everywhere. We would look over the ledge and you could see tentacles every couple feet. Unfortunately, people did not stick to the size limitations and took whatever they wanted.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1, Deadlift 3’s

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- BW squat x10

Deadlifts:

135, 185, 225 x5

265, 310, 355 x3

400x6
Beltless PR

*Most since 2016 / 405x8 on 7/16/2016. Never lifted 405 more than 3 reps since. I was likely belted as well

That’s all. I have so much homework and chores to do. I’ll get in some other lower work this week.

Have a great weekend!

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Week 1, Deadlift 3’s

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- BW squat x10

Deadlifts:

135, 185, 225 x5

265, 310, 355 x3

400x6
Beltless PR

*Most since 2016 / 405x8 on 7/16/2016. Never lifted 405 more than 3 reps since. I was likely belted as well

That’s all. I have so much homework and chores to do. I’ll get in some other lower work this week.

Have a great weekend!
And a roaring PR entrance post-vacation! Damn man, nice work! That’s a whole lot of weight, particularly beltless.

You should go tot the Keys more often!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. The lobster were everywhere. We would look over the ledge and you could see tentacles every couple feet. Unfortunately, people did not stick to the size limitations and took whatever they wanted.
Pretty special to see a plethora like that, up here the crabbing season has basically been closed for the past few years in some units due to low levels unfortunately. The local tribal crab boats are still out there crabbing mon stop but sportsman's seasons no bueno....

I can't wait to visit the keys some day, the pics are awesome

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And a roaring PR entrance post-vacation! Damn man, nice work! That’s a whole lot of weight, particularly beltless.

You should go tot the Keys more often!
Thanks! I was really hoping for 8, but I have no reason to be upset with this.

I agree, I should permanently move to the keys!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pretty special to see a plethora like that, up here the crabbing season has basically been closed for the past few years in some units due to low levels unfortunately. The local tribal crab boats are still out there crabbing mon stop but sportsman's seasons no bueno....

I can't wait to visit the keys some day, the pics are awesome
If people continue to take the smaller ones, the plethora will be no more. It takes 3-4 years for them to mature to the legal limit.

This was my first time, but we already decided we are going back again for the regular lobster season (Aug-March).

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finished homework, round 2:

91° in the garage this morning, 94° now

Leg Extensions
Warmup
3x15
x25

Leg curls
3x8

Dumbbell Rows
2x12, 15

Dorsi flexions
3xN
N=15-20

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That sucks. We always stuck to limits and I think it was an 8 inch tail years back. We hard a marked Measuring stick.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1, Bench 3’s

Warmup, 3 rounds:
• Leg raise x10
• Plank x 30 seconds
• PAPs x 15
• Facepulls x 12
• Lat pulls x 10

Bench:

Bar x10 (x2), 95 (2x5)
110, 135 x5
135, 160x3

190, 215 x3

245x6, 245x3
Hit left safety bar once on each set. Need to lower safeties

Speed Press w/ pause
190 3x3 emom

Slight Incline Dumbbell Press
70# 3x8

Lever Press 1.5’s
Work-up to 3x15

Rear Delt Landmine Flys
3xN
N=RPE 9

Banded Rear Delt Flys
3xN
N=RPE 9

Spidercrawls
x3

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice benching despite hitting safeties.

I feel you on hitting the safeties. I keep mine at a height where I hit mine pretty frequently when benching — otherwise it’s a little too low such that I’m worried I may still break a rib or some other minor injury. It’s so terribly disruptive to your set sometimes. I guess that’s one of the breaks when you train at home solo.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice benching despite hitting safeties.

I feel you on hitting the safeties. I keep mine at a height where I hit mine pretty frequently when benching — otherwise it’s a little too low such that I’m worried I may still break a rib or some other minor injury. It’s so terribly disruptive to your set sometimes. I guess that’s one of the breaks when you train at home solo.
I’ve rarely ever used them, but I promised my wife recently that I would start using them on bench workouts. It’s right at that spot where it’s perfect until the weight is heavy enough to sink my chest.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I’ve rarely ever used them, but I promised my wife recently that I would start using them on bench workouts. It’s right at that spot where it’s perfect until the weight is heavy enough to sink my chest.
My set up is similar. I bench with triceps in, so I’m good unless I pause at chest, allowing bar to sink, in which case I hit my spotter bar insulation. Def can be disruptive.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3430.JPG

I adjusted my schedule some. Homework may interrupt it a little, but hopefully I stick to the schedule enough to see if this routine works for me, for now. Really hoping to kickstart my deadlift.

Deadlifts aren’t very taxing right now, and I assume it’s because I’m incorporating core work on every warmup. I remember 5’s week used to shut me down in the past.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good! Don’t change anything with the deadlifts for now then. If you make them crushing, they can affect everything and your deads are still going up.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1, Speed pulls, back, biceps

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- BW squat x10
- Banded bad girls x10

Deadlifts

135, 185, 225x3

Banded, speed:
225x1 (x4) emom
225x1 (x10) every :30
+ 100# at lockout

Barbell row
3x5, pause and flex

A1. One arm Barbell rows
3x15

A2. Hammer curls
3x12

B1. Pull-ups
Band assisted
3xN

B2. EZ curl
3x8

C1. Reverse Grip Pull-ups
Band assisted
3xN

C2. EZ Curl
3x8

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Week 1, Speed pulls, back, biceps

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- BW squat x10
- Banded bad girls x10

Deadlifts

135, 185, 225x3

Banded, speed:
225x1 (x4) emom
225x1 (x10) every :30
+ 100# at lockout

Barbell row
3x5, pause and flex

A1. One arm Barbell rows
3x15

A2. Hammer curls
3x12

B1. Pull-ups
Band assisted
3xN

B2. EZ curl
3x8

C1. Reverse Grip Pull-ups
Band assisted
3xN

C2. EZ Curl
3x8
Nice session TGR!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1, Squat 3’s

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- Push ups x10
- BW squat x10
- Bad girls x10

Squats:

145, 185 x5
225, 255, 290 x3
3+
330x6*
These were slow
*Most for x6 in 5 years
*Beltless PR

330x8 !!!!
My goal was 3 more, but they flew. One left in the tank
**Most for x8 in 5 years (max for 8 is 365 or 385 w/ belt)
**Beltless PR 2

Leg Press
3x20

That’s all. I’m behind on homework again.

Dropped SLDL, lunges, and calves.

But… the dog wants to walk, so that first.

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Double *PRs, not too shabby, player!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Week 1, OHP 3’s

Warmup, 3 rounds:
- Leg raise x10
- Plank x 30 seconds
- PAPs x 15
- Facepulls x 12
- Lat pulls x 10

OHP:

45, 45, 65, 80x5
95, 110, 130x3

145: 5 sets of 3

A1. Incline Chest Press
W/U to 3x8
6 total sets

A2. PAPs x15

B1. High Incline DB Shoulder Press
3x15

B2. PAPs x15

EZ Bar Front Raise
3x8

A1. Spidercrawls
3xN

A2. Banded Front Lat Flys
3xN
N=Failure

A3. Band lateral partials
3xN
N=Failure

Dog walk. Homework. Food.

It’s been a good week.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMG_3484.JPG

It is a day. The sky fell so I don't get my way in either. I spent my time putting together my new pulley. The Rogue hyper is still not in.

My brother is in town and will be helping me organize the home gym this weekend. He's also an older member of the AM community.

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How much was that single pulley? I have wanted a crossover type set up for a while but 2 of those is probably cheaper. Let me know how it moves and slides on that system.