Testosterone Supplementation Improves Spatial and Verbal Memory in Healthy Older Men

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone Supplementation Improves Spatial and Verbal Memory in Healthy Older Men, Cherrier MM, Asthana S, Plymate S, et al, Neurology, July 2001;57(1 of 2):80-88. (Address: Dr. Monique M. Cherrier, E-mail: [email protected])

In 25 healthy male volunteers who were between 50 and 80 years of age, subjects completed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in which weekly intramuscular injections of either 100 mg of testosterone enanthate or saline placebo were given for 6 weeks. Circulating total testosterone levels increased an average of 130% from baseline at week 3 and 116% at week 6 in the treatment group. Due to the aromatization of testosterone, estradiol increased an average of 77% at week 3 and 73% at week 6 in the treatment group. There was significant improvement in cognition seen for spatial memory, spatial ability and verbal memory in older men treated with testosterone compared with baseline and the placebo group.

bbuck

Awards
Once more T is found to not be harmful and is infact healthy.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. I think I'll try some. :D

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I use this study inmy lectures before A4M and other bodies.

They also noted gender differences with respect to gender. Males were found superior to females with respect to visiospatial perception--except when determining need to stop and ask for directions. And females were found superior to males with respect to verbal speed--because they get so much practice.

I actually say that--catches 'em off guard every time!
LOL