Testim

PipeCharger

Awards
Anyone try applying Testim or Androgel to your scrotum for better absorption, and if so, what were the effects positive/negative? Thanks

Too Small

Awards
It won't absorb as well in the groin area. It's meant to be applied to the upper arms and shoulder area. It gets absorbed better and faster because it's closer to your heart. I asked the same question when I was put on it....and that's the answer I got.

PipeCharger

Awards
Thanks for the info. "Too Small" very helpful. I need all the help I can get.
Take care.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
It will absorb on the testicles..It will absorb VERY well..
the downside is that it will more than likely ,from what I have read, turn into hormones that you dont want..

So unless you really like all the negative sides from running test I would suggest keeping it on your arms!!
good lucK!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will absorb on the testicles..It will absorb VERY well..
the downside is that it will more than likely ,from what I have read, turn into hormones that you dont want..

So unless you really like all the negative sides from running test I would suggest keeping it on your arms!!
good lucK!
Ripw4 is correct. I believe that that area has increased receptors for and sensitivity to DHT. The AndroGel (and likely Testim) have a great potential to elevate DHT when used as directed. Applying to that area will likely result it greater negative impact on the prostate from localized application and DHT elevation.

PipeCharger

Awards
Thanks for all the info. guys, very helpful. I'm on 50mgs/day Testim; I'm not achieving the results that I should. My doc. is going to increase the dosage to 100mgs/day, if that doesn't yield what I need, my doc. is putting me on 100mgs test. cyp/week. MY test levels are below 100ng/dl. I just don't think the transdermal Testim is absorbing very well.

bodybuilder8806

Awards
Thanks for all the info. guys, very helpful. I'm on 50mgs/day Testim; I'm not achieving the results that I should. My doc. is going to increase the dosage to 100mgs/day, if that doesn't yield what I need, my doc. is putting me on 100mgs test. cyp/week. MY test levels are below 100ng/dl. I just don't think the transdermal Testim is absorbing very well.
Im in the same situation except im taking androgel instead. It doesn't seem to absorb very well for me either, it gets rid of some of the irritability but does almost nothing for my libido. My doctor has a pituiary MRI scheduled for me and then follow up blood work to see where 5g of androgel is getting me in 1 month. I doubt I have a pituiary tumor but i'll get the test done to see since my insurance covers it. One more month of no libido then hopefully he'll either up the dose to 10g or switch me to weekly injections.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in the same situation except im taking androgel instead. It doesn't seem to absorb very well for me either, it gets rid of some of the irritability but does almost nothing for my libido. My doctor has a pituiary MRI scheduled for me and then follow up blood work to see where 5g of androgel is getting me in 1 month. I doubt I have a pituiary tumor but i'll get the test done to see since my insurance covers it. One more month of no libido then hopefully he'll either up the dose to 10g or switch me to weekly injections.
i also had an MRI...normal. Here is a log that I am keeping. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/hormone-replacement-therapy/46692-somebody-get-me-doctor.html

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Wow, how old are you, and is this hereditary or from AAS use?

PipeCharger

Awards
I'm 45, and it's from heavy anabolic abuse during early-mid '80's. I'd gladly give all my trophies away just to feel normal/good again. I had a lot of fun back in the day, but I'm paying for it now. But through it all now, no regrets, it was my choice. I'm still lifting, and plan to keep it up for sometime, 5'-9" 218 lbs. bf around 13%.
Hey thanks guys for all your feedback, and I wish you all the best.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I am only 26 and have no reasons...I just have the test levels of a 75 year old man naturally!!
I am what they call a REAL hard gainer!
Best of luck with your treatment charger..I can no longer afford the testim so I guess I will just pray the test fairy visits me at night!

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
For what its worth I am sure I saw data that absorbtion is increased a lot if you apply within 5 minutes after showering. In addition it helps to exfoliate the area of application. Sounds silly but it works much better for me and my bloodwork proved that out some time ago. I will say however that after a year of 4 pumps of Androgel a day my levels are starting to fall again.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For what its worth I am sure I saw data that absorbtion is increased a lot if you apply within 5 minutes after showering. In addition it helps to exfoliate the area of application. Sounds silly but it works much better for me and my bloodwork proved that out some time ago.
This is a practice I got into long ago when I first used transdermal hormones. I always exfoliate and apply within moments of drying.
I will say however that after a year of 4 pumps of Androgel a day my levels are starting to fall again.
Not good. I know that with traditional hormone TD's (T-Gel, etc) rotation was and is suggested. They does have a completely different, and likley more effective carrier than the simple AndroGel. I wonder if we could rotate the AndroGel to, say ankles, calves, etc without further diminishing the already minimal absorption. I can't see why not.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think I may try rotating sites and see if that makes a difference. I have read a lot of posts by people that seem to plateu on the androgel and have to switch to cyp. Its unfortunate as the gel helps to more effectively raise DHT levels as well. That is actually a VERY desirable thing as long as its not to out of control. I am thinking of switching to a compounded cream for awhile to see if the carrier is better than the outdated androgel alchol based carrier.