Tested positive for Covid

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Was feeling run down for the past two weeks and last two days I had a debilitating headache, body ache, sore throat, congestion, etc. Got a rapid test done and confirmed positive for Covid. So I have to quarantine home for 10 days. Supplements I will be taking!
-Optimum Nutrition multivitamin
-Chlorella tablets
-Quercetin, Hesperidin, Na-R-Ala, and Green tea capsules.
-Ginger tea mixed with raw honey and ground thyme.
-Drinking warm water mixed with a touch of raw apple cider vinegar
-Coffee with creatine, raw cacao powder and maca
-Mk-677 (15mg) for a good night's sleep.

Wish me luck! 🙊

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Was feeling run down for the past two weeks and last two days I had a debilitating headache, body ache, sore throat, congestion, etc. Got a rapid test done and confirmed positive for Covid. So I have to quarantine home for 10 days. Supplements I will be taking!
-Chlorella tablets

Wish me luck! 🙊
What about vitamin D and C? I was up to 20g vitamin C which really controlled symptoms.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn that sucks .. hope for speedy recovery brother.

I’m sure the gym misses u as well

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
-Chlorella tablets

Wish me luck! 🙊
If you have any Resveros, I advise using that, as well.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What about vitamin D and C? I was up to 20g vitamin C which really controlled symptoms.
20g?! Isn't that a bit too much? Optimum multisnhas 333% vitamin c

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
20g?! Isn't that a bit too much? Optimum multisnhas 333% vitamin c
No. Your body depletes vitamin C levels when fighting infection. Its common to megadose to bowel tolerance when sick. Know a guy on the forum that did 50g a day when he was sick with the flu (pre covid) and he said in two days he went from bedridden to back in the gym

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No. Your body depletes vitamin C levels when fighting infection. Its common to megadose to bowel tolerance when sick. Know a guy on the forum that did 50g a day when he was sick with the flu (pre covid) and he said in two days he went from bedridden to back in the gym
This.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think someone posted a article saying that aspirin is really good for covid?

@poison @THOR 70

Last edited:
Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright, I'm sold. I'll give it a try. Thanks brah!

muscleman

muscleman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Megadose vitamin C recommended amongst many in natural medicine and homeopathy, saw one article a year back about some hospital in both China and U.S had used vitamin c for covid as well although big pharma probably wiped that info.
I think it is a good idea to take a little sodium bicarbonate, baking soda with the vitamin c to balance the acidiity.
Then couple of grams of lysine as well, is known to generally fight viruses

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Megadose vitamin C recommended amongst many in natural medicine and homeopathy, saw one article a year back about some hospital in both China and U.S had used vitamin c for covid as well although big pharma probably wiped that info.
I think it is a good idea to take a little sodium bicarbonate, baking soda with the vitamin c to balance the acidiity.
Then couple of grams of lysine as well, is known to generally fight viruses
This is true, however those hospitals were doing it intravenously

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Don't slam 20g all at one time. When I had covid I did 2g every two hours. You dont have to replicate, just what I did
Definitely, I ordered SNS Vitamin C powder and will take 5 grams throughout the day at first and if I can tolerate it, ramp it up slowly.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Definitely, I ordered SNS Vitamin C powder and will take 5 grams throughout the day at first and if I can tolerate it, ramp it up slowly.
I wouldn't move that slowly. It's safe. The most that happens is gas and diarrhea when you hit bowel tolerance.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How much D are you taking to be at that level?
I usually get vitamin D from multivitamins(I usually take optimum nutrition multi or controlled labs multi,) and during the summer I used to out a lot in the sun. I also eat a lot of eggs, dairy, nuts and I was taking this assorted mushroom powder mix in my coffee everyday. My vit D level was checked in September so I'm not sure what it is now. Because of work and rough schedules all I do at present is take my multis religiously.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I usually get vitamin D from multivitamins(I usually take optimum nutrition multi or controlled labs multi,) and during the summer I used to out a lot in the sun. I also eat a lot of eggs, dairy, nuts and I was taking this assorted mushroom powder mix in my coffee everyday. My vit D level was checked in September so I'm not sure what it is now. Because of work and rough schedules all I do at present is take my multis religiously.
🙏

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Vitamin C will definitely help aid in the sides. Hope for a mild speedy recovery though!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine at 20g over a couple doses always helps a little when sick. Not sure if it will help with COVID, but it’s good for the gut anyway (which COVID can also bother sometimes, appetite, diarrhea, etc).

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Glutamine at 20g over a couple doses always helps a little when sick. Not sure if it will help with COVID, but it’s good for the gut anyway (which COVID can also bother sometimes, appetite, diarrhea, etc).
I do this along with vitamin c and olive leaf everytime the rest of my house is sick and I have stayed healthy almost every single time colds and flu ran through my house. When I am occasionally sick I do the same and it definitely helps a quicker turn around to feeling better.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How are you feeling? How many grams of C today?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How are you feeling? How many grams of C today?
I haven't got my C yet. It's coming tomorrow. Woke up feeling stuffy in the head and congested. Felt weak also. I started the day with my ginger tea/thyme/honey and then I ate some toast and unseasoned scrambled eggs. Took my multis and had black coffee with cacao and maca in it. Had some cream of wheat later on, some chicken noodle soup. Been drinking a lot of water with a touch of apple cider vinegar. Nose feels very dry (pins and needles) so I'll get my humidifier going tonight. Eyes hurt too when I'm on the computer/cellphone or see TV for too long.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I haven't got my C yet. It's coming tomorrow. Woke up feeling stuffy in the head and congested. Felt weak also. I started the day with my ginger tea/thyme/honey and then I ate some toast and unseasoned scrambled eggs. Took my multis and had black coffee with cacao and maca in it. Had some cream of wheat later on, some chicken noodle soup. Been drinking a lot of water with a touch of apple cider vinegar. Nose feels very dry (pins and needles) so I'll get my humidifier going tonight. Eyes hurt too when I'm on the computer/cellphone or see TV for too long.
Is there a reason you had unseasoned eggs?

I don’t judge what you enjoy at all - I only ask to make sure you aren’t avoiding sodium, so that you can maintain adequate hydration (in conjunction with enough fluids). Being dehydrated becomes more likely when sick sometimes if appetite/thirst (and thus, intake) becomes diminished.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hey, man i've been avoiding derailing this thread and keeping it on topic so i haven't been posting here much...but just wanted you to know that I am saying prayers for ALL who are suffering from covid.

get well soon, my brother!!! :)

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gotcha. You don't even have vitamin C capsules?

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also, I was able to get ivermectin here:

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Alcohol helped me, tasted strange due to loss of taste and smell but washed down with enough water and stay hydrated

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I work in the medical field and have treated probably over a thousand covid patients. Believe me, if any of that stuff worked it would be pumped into every ICU covid patient nation-wide, and I've seen some desperate doctors trying some pretty off the wall stuff.

That being said I like quercetin, and zinc. And nasal irrigation with povidone iodine, you have to dilute to to 0.5-1% or it's too harsh on the nose though.

thanosnap-

I disagree completely........doctors have guidelines they must follow.....there is plenty of stuff out there that helps that "most" doctors refuse to recommend or use for treatment

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I work in the medical field and have treated probably over a thousand covid patients. Believe me, if any of that stuff worked it would be pumped into every ICU covid patient nation-wide, and I've seen some desperate doctors trying some pretty off the wall stuff.
Uhhh, no, it wouldn't.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

That being said I like quercetin, and zinc. And nasal irrigation with povidone iodine, you have to dilute to to 0.5-1% or it's too harsh on the nose though.
Interesting second post

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there a reason you had unseasoned eggs?

I don’t judge what you enjoy at all - I only ask to make sure you aren’t avoiding sodium, so that you can maintain adequate hydration (in conjunction with enough fluids). Being dehydrated becomes more likely when sick sometimes if appetite/thirst (and thus, intake) becomes diminished.
I thought salt and pepper would irritate my throat.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hey, man i've been avoiding derailing this thread and keeping it on topic so i haven't been posting here much...but just wanted you to know that I am saying prayers for ALL who are suffering from covid.

get well soon, my brother!!! :)

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Thanks bro! I appreciate it! :D

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Gotcha. You don't even have vitamin C capsules?
I have Vitamin C in my multivitamins. I'll get the powder tomorrow. I didn't consider Ivermectin. It's day 2 so I want to see if I recover within a weeks time. Currently it's 10pm here in NYC and I have 101 degree fever and head stuffiness. No breathing issues thankfully.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In routine care yes, but not in emergency care (ER) or critical care (ICU.) Just about anything goes, especially with a new illness and a crisis situation.
@Ricky10

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have Vitamin C in my multivitamins. I'll get the powder tomorrow. I didn't consider Ivermectin. It's day 2 so I want to see if I recover within a weeks time. Currently it's 10pm here in NYC and I have 101 degree fever and head stuffiness. No breathing issues thankfully.
Gotcha. I wish I didn't wait as long as I did with ivermectin...just saying.

THEstudent

Awards
When it comes to dealing with COVID you would be hard pressed to find something better than Ivermectin. If you can't get the prescription soon enough it is even okay to take the paste from the feed store.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When it comes to dealing with COVID you would be hard pressed to find something better than Ivermectin. If you can't get the prescription soon enough it is even okay to take the paste from the feed store.
I don't know about the paste, but yeah...ivm for the win.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good morning guys. Fever broke overnight. Just the usual head stuffiness and congestion at the moment. Noticeable sore throat but nothing too aggravating. I did saline gargle today and I drink a lot of water with a touch of apple cider vinegar. Hopefully, my tub of Vitamin C will come in today.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Story time: You know I wish I could do some training but my head is so stuffed up that I can barely do a few pulls ups and dips. My right wrist is also sprained. It happened at the middle school I work in (8th grade). All the boys there try to prove their machismo and attract girls with their arm wrestling prowess. There's one middle schooler who is already 6'1 and 200 lbs who claims to be the strongest in my class and he challenged me. I said sure. Now, I never apply force to win because I don't want the kids to get hurt or embarrass them. So we sit down and arm wrestle. As expected, he is unable to move my arm and I just keep it there and give him a couple of chances. Then all of a sudden, this kid uses both arms and his entire body weight to move my arm. He did it so fast and I was not ready and I heard a pop in my wrist. Naturally, he beat me and started jumping up and down saying he beat Mr. Cheeky Monkey. I was like, "Young man, you just cheated". And this kid was like, "So what, I still beat you".

I didn't tell him he hurt my wrist or else he would have gloated some more. What has this world come to? Where is the honor? The code of conduct? The chivalry? Sigh....

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mucus discharge coming out of my right eye. Started last night getting more noticeable/frequent today.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good morning guys. Fever broke overnight. Just the usual head stuffiness and congestion at the moment. Noticeable sore throat but nothing too aggravating. I did saline gargle today and I drink a lot of water with a touch of apple cider vinegar. Hopefully, my tub of Vitamin C will come in today.
word of warning about the apple cider vinegar-don't gargle or hold in mouth any longer than neccesary, the acidity will eat the enamel of teeth.

Last edited:

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Story time: You know I wish I could do some training but my head is so stuffed up that I can barely do a few pulls ups and dips. My right wrist is also sprained. It happened at the middle school I work in (8th grade). All the boys there try to prove their machismo and attract girls with their arm wrestling prowess. There's one middle schooler who is already 6'1 and 200 lbs who claims to be the strongest in my class and he challenged me. I said sure. Now, I never apply force to win because I don't want the kids to get hurt or embarrass them. So we sit down and arm wrestle. As expected, he is unable to move my arm and I just keep it there and give him a couple of chances. Then all of a sudden, this kid uses both arms and his entire body weight to move my arm. He did it so fast and I was not ready and I heard a pop in my wrist. Naturally, he beat me and started jumping up and down saying he beat Mr. Cheeky Monkey. I was like, "Young man, you just cheated". And this kid was like, "So what, I still beat you".

I didn't tell him he hurt my wrist or else he would have gloated some more. What has this world come to? Where is the honor? The code of conduct? The chivalry? Sigh....
You should sleep with his dad. That will teach him.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
word of warning about the apple cider vinegar-don't gargle or hold in mouth any longer than neccesary, the acidity will eat the enamel of teeth.
I always dilute it in water. I just take a small thimbleful.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
We actually nebulize hypertonic saline with the ICU patients, usually 3% sometimes 7%, 10% would be too much. Helps with sputum thinning and expectoration. The virus doesn't like the chloride ions either. There's similar reasons for why salt lamps are popular.

But it's not nearly as strong as povidone iodine. In fact if you go to the dentist they'll probably have you gargle with that first. The ADA has approved and started recommended that dentists have all their patients gargle with povidone iodine before working on them as a means to protect themselves from getting covid.
I only have plain old salt. The good thing is that I don't have any phlegm in my throat. Just irritation. It's just my nose that is stuffy.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Agreed Re the ICU patients but I was surprised to see one of our ED docs writing discharge instructions to take Vit D, Zinc, and quercetin for our non-admitted COVID+ patients.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
-Chlorella tablets

Wish me luck!
Don’t forget vitamin D3 at 10,000 iu’s, 1000 mgs vitamin C, and 10 mgs of melatonin per day as well.