Test levels by age

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
I have always wondered what were the average test levels of people my age..
My first testosterone test was 307 at 25 years old. Was on androgel for 4 months and started to feel great when insurance dropped me..Since then I am back in the same boat I was in.
I do have an appt at a "discount" doctor monday to talk about possibly trying injections since the cost would be much easier on me.
Another problem is the fact that I have Hepatitis-c..I worry about the effect of TRT on my liver..?

But I was wondering if you would care to respond Dr. John on test level fluncuations from birth to death.. i.e. what would be the average test level of someone 26, 30, 35, 40 etc.

anywho.
Welcome to the board again!!!
hope to read many things from you.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Your first test was noraml if you are 85 yrs. old in theory read the Sticky from Lef. In this they state your Free and Total T levels should be in the upper 1/3 of your labs range to start for a young man.
Phil

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Your first test was noraml if you are 85 yrs. old in theory read the Sticky from Lef. In this they state your Free and Total T levels should be in the upper 1/3 of your labs range to start for a young man.
Phil
I probably should have checked the sticky first..One of my questions were answered there..thanks..
But my second question about HRT and hepatitis-C still stands!!
looking forward to some insight..
thanks!

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
Still didnt answer my question..It said nothing about HRT affecting liver values in Hep C positive patients..
thankyou for the links though.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Still didnt answer my question..It said nothing about HRT affecting liver values in Hep C positive patients..
thankyou for the links though.
Did you read this one it says there are no studys on your question. But if your low and need to be on TRT put this question to Dr. John.

A cut & paste
I am a chronic hepatitis C patient who failed the 48-week treatment regimen of interferon and ribavirin. I have genotype 1a, and my liver biopsy did not show cirrhosis, but I am being treated for chronic fatigue. Has anyone used human growth hormone and or testosterone for symptoms of fatigue due to hepatitis C? Is there any real data, either positive or negative, about the side effects of giving these to hepatitis C patients?

Answer by Ronald Baker, PhD
Ronald Baker is publisher and editor in chief of HIV and Hepatitis.com

I know of no studies of human growth hormone (HGH) or testosterone for fatigue associated with HCV. If your testosterone levels are normal (determined by a simple blood test), then there is no benefit to taking extra testosterone, but there is a risk of unwanted side effects. HGH is a very tricky drug, and it is not recommended except for severe weight loss related to HIV wasting or for stunted growth in children. HGH can cause dangerous side effects (e.g., insulin resistance) and it is also very expensive. How do you and your doctor feel about retreatment with pegylated interferon plus ribavirin? Some people who did not respond to treatment with conventional interferon achieve sustained response with the newer pegylated formulation.

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
thankyou phil...I did indeed read that..
I just didnt feel it answered my question.