Tendonitis/tendonisis? I need your advice

sk1017

Awards
I my right wrist is hurting me and I already set up an appointment for a consultation with a hand doctor.. I had tendonitis in my left wrist .. I went to a different doctor and it healed.. I have the girliest wrists ever... Is it a good idea that when I get back in the gym, I should take a week off ever two months in order for my body such as tendons to get a rest... During this rest I'll do a lot of icing and massaging ...????

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you sure it's not carpel tunnel? Maybe you just strained it? My wrist aches a bit when I do anything under hand so I'll use my wrist wraps for those moves.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
May I suggest adding joint supplements like iForce Joint Help and glucosamine? This will aid in healing plus building the tissue.

sk1017

Awards
May I suggest adding joint supplements like iForce Joint Help and glucosamine? This will aid in healing plus building the tissue.
Thank you very much. I'm also hearing that fish oil is good too.

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
First I have to ask what is causing it? Squats or Bench or Computer work? Something else?

sk1017

Awards
I was doing some training for my job.. We were doing break falls etc...combat fighting.. I don't do it normally I just had a three day training.. On my last day I went to the gym and did arms.. I felt no pain.. I then did forearms. I went hard on the forearms...not sure where I injured or tweaked my wrist... I'm cautious bc I injure my other wrist a while back .. It healed up but I'm very cautious ...

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I have golfer elbow and recently started taking Antaeus Labs Achilles along with PT at home that I've been doing for about a month and I will say something is working because my pain has decreased. I didn't noticed reduced pain until couple days ago which happens to be roughly 7 days of taking Achilles.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have golfer elbow and recently started taking Antaeus Labs Achilles along with PT at home that I've been doing for about a month and I will say something is working because my pain has decreased. I didn't noticed reduced pain until couple days ago which happens to be roughly 7 days of taking Achilles.
Achilles or iForce Joint Help - two great joint supplements!

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
1. Start Wrapping your Wrist. Wrap inside to outside. Focus on putting the pressure on the boney part of the wrist.

2. Start doing Forearm and Wrist Stretches

-Also take the side that hurts and touch each finger with your thumb and repeat that a few times Daily.

3. Ice after Stretches and Workouts

4. Use Naproxen over Ibuprofen. Icy Hot Works well for Tendinitis.

5. Start using a Thumbless Grip on Squats

6. I've taken some joint supplements for 6 months. And yes they did the trick for my knees and such, but never touched my Tendinitis. Only Supplement I have found that even touched it. Was Osta-Elite..After about 6 weeks. Mine went almost all gone. It stopped hurting so much and I stopped doing my stretches and I truly think if I wouldn't have stopped the stretches and Icing. I would be 100% healed now.

7. Stay of the Computer, Cell Phones and Writing if you can. All these can make it much worse.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
1. Start Wrapping your Wrist. Wrap inside to outside. Focus on putting the pressure on the boney part of the wrist.

2. Start doing Forearm and Wrist Stretches

-Also take the side that hurts and touch each finger with your thumb and repeat that a few times Daily.

3. Ice after Stretches and Workouts

4. Use Naproxen over Ibuprofen. Icy Hot Works well for Tendinitis.

5. Start using a Thumbless Grip on Squats

6. I've taken some joint supplements for 6 months. And yes they did the trick for my knees and such, but never touched my Tendinitis. Only Supplement I have found that even touched it. Was Osta-Elite..After about 6 weeks. Mine went almost all gone. It stopped hurting so much and I stopped doing my stretches and I truly think if I wouldn't have stopped the stretches and Icing. I would be 100% healed now.

7. Stay of the Computer, Cell Phones and Writing if you can. All these can make it much worse.
Did it come back after you were done with osta elite?

sk1017

Awards
Hey guys, so I went to a doctor and he didn't even do a mri, he did a range of motion rest and told me its tendonitis.. Pain has eased up significantly but it's still lingering .... So I'll rest for the second week and i order some thing such a better wrist straps and supplements..I'm hearing good things about flexible veggies capsule.. Not sure if it's good with random iris though.. I also got the jym multivitamins .. What you Gus think ?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know weightlifting axiom is to give an injury 2-4 weeks of rest and it will heal on its own. But true about good wraps.
Ease up on the weightage and take care of form once you heal.

I take it your wrists are less than 7" in circumference.

Joint supplements are, in my view, mostly bunk for young people. If you are over 40 then we can talk about that stuff.

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
My tendinitis is pretty all gone..Havent had a flare up in weeks.

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
Nope been off for almost 5 weeks now.