Tanning Lotion/Spray

Synthetik

Awards
I just moved into an apt. with a pool so now I have more of a reason to tan. I'm fairly light complected. For those of you that do outdoor tanning, what is best? For a golden tan. I dont wanna look crispy fried either. Do you all wear sunblock first, then apply the tanning lotion/spray? Thanx.......

mouton

Awards
first off if u are unable to tan in the sun, u wont tan in a tanning bed......if u are not to fair complected and are able to tan, start with maybe 5 minutes for your first session and gradually work your way up......the staff at what ever tanning salon u go to should be able to help u with this......you probaly want to avoid any accelerator lotions until u get a base tan......make sure to apply a moisturizing lotion after tanning and after showering.......also u might try a product by jergens that is a lotion with a light self tanner....it works pretty well.......good luck

mouton

Awards
oops>>!!! just reread your question........for outdoor tanning u might want to start out with a sunscreen.....u will still tan ......also limit your exposure at the beginning........

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The jergens natural glow stuff... has glitter in it. I still use it. Only makes me look slightly gay. lol

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
There isnt much need for sunscreen unless you plan on staying outside for an extended period of time. I use tanning oil with no sunscreen, the key is just knowing when the hell to get out of the sun. I believe around 20-25 minutes in the sun per day is good enough to build a very nice tan in a few weeks. All the sunscreen is going to do is make it take longer for you to get a tan (if you want to sit outside and read a book for an hour+ you should probably use sunscreen) I am pretty fair skinned and I was able to get a pretty damn nice tan over a period of two weeks or so by doing this..

jaga1a2

Awards
Going out with no sunscreen at all just implies that your avatar is really a picture of you --- it's retarded.

There are some drugstore lotion/sprays that have 8SPF, or even 4 SPF.

You can still tan with sunscreen, but if you are going out for 30min or so, I'd use an 8 or 4 SPF --- 1 Hour + use 15 or 25 depending on how fair skinned you are.

Synthetik

Awards
Dat's exactly what I have, SPF4 Dark Tanning Oil. I'll be going out for 30 min every other day. 15 face up, 15 face down. I look like "white albacore"!! LOL!

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've worn sunscreen twice in my life... When I was a baby, and when I went to cancun... Use all the lotion / accelerators you want, and when you feel your skin burning, get out of the sun, it's pretty simple...

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've worn sunscreen twice in my life... When I was a baby, and when I went to cancun... Use all the lotion / accelerators you want, and when you feel your skin burning, get out of the sun, it's pretty simple...
lol...

At my next golf tourny I'm going to be "Hole 15? Sorry guys I'm starting to burn. I gotta go in"
:rofl:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 8
Justlooking5 General Chat 0
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 1
General Chat 3
Gainaddict General Chat 19