Taking care of Prostate gland ON and OFF cycle

T

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering what supplements are used by all of you guys that are prone to prostate problems and prostate cancer...

my father fought prostate cancer for 15 years and then passed away at 62 years old, so i am very concerned about this...

currently i have only been using...

saw palmetto @ 540mg ED

i also use flaxseed oil and zinc which are said to have a small aid in the prostate gland

the sticky about safe cycling lists 10-15 different things, so i'm trying to narrow that down to find out what else i should add to my prostate care

thanks a lot guys

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
One phrase does it all. CYCLE SUPPORT by A.I.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nettle root extract is supposed to be helpful.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would seriously consider monitoring your PSA regardless of supplementation.

BTW...jmh80 milks my prostate regularly...the old fashioned way.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol: I figured Jay would be the first to say it...

gators52

gators52

Awards
  • Established
I would seriously consider monitoring your PSA regardless of supplementation.
As a 20 year old before i start using do you think I should add a PSA test to my blood test i plan on getting before i start, so i have a basline on this,? Or would getting a baseline on this be pointless as a 20 year old? I dont think my family has any history of prostate problems.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Uhhh - Gate, you can't post in herrrrre if you are under 21.

But - to answer your question, yeah - it's probably a good idea.
I had a full bloodtest done through my insurance (via my doc) - he included PSA.
Make sure to get a chem panel, CBC, and you could try for testosterone levels. They may ask if you are tired or something.

M

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
If you are using Saw Palmetto at the time you go to your doctor for a PSA test be sure to tell him. Saw Palmetto can bring about a lower PSA score which might mask actual disease. Remember PSA is just a tool doctors use to help them determine if more testing or monitoring is needed. Apparently a lower PSA score brought about by Saw Palmetto use does not neceassarily mean you are at lower risk for disease.

T

Tom 185

Awards
  • Established
Is Cycle support by AI all that you really need for supplement support on cycle? What are some important things to add that isnt included?

coq10?

G

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
As a 20 year old before i start using do you think I should add a PSA test to my blood test i plan on getting before i start, so i have a basline on this,? Or would getting a baseline on this be pointless as a 20 year old? I dont think my family has any history of prostate problems.
get EVERYTHING done if your insurance will cover it ... no reason not to .. one is never too young to monitor one's health

C

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
masterbation keeps the prostate healthy as many times as you like

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are we sure that you are at a higher risk of prostate cancer than any other male?

In other words, you could have $10 mil in diagnostics to see if u're 2-4% at risk vs 7-9% if ur father had it. I guessed on those numbers but it demonstrates my point I think.