Swanson52-From Flab To...Not As Flab?

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got the Bobo Cutting Program, and after looking over it, I am very hopeful, optimistic, and ready to get started! A little background, plus some stats/measurements.

Former football player (college, semipro and arena), so I have always been ok with being big. When I played arena I was around 315 or so. I played my last season in the summer of 2006, and am being forced out of the game by chronic shoulder problems (weird for a lineman, huh?). I finished the season at about 270-275 and felt fine. However, I moved in with my fiancee (Mexican girl, Mexican food..ALL THE TIME), and have steadily become fatter. I lost most of my motivation to eat with any discipline or work out with any consistency. Now that none of my clothes fit cuz my belly is too fat, it's time to do something about it. Here are some measurements that I am damn ashamed of (didn't realize how bad it had gotten til just now!)

Male
31 yrs old
6'3" 290 BF% Probably 23-25%
Belly (around the love handles and all) 47"
Waist (where I wear my pants, barely) 42"
Chest 53"
Shoulders (across) 28"
Bicep (flexed, cold) 18.5"
Upper Thigh (flexed, cold) 32"
Calf (flexed, cold) 18"
Neck 19"

These are my measurements as of today, and I start the program on sunday. I took some pics as well, and will post those when I can find my memory card.

I realize most of you will boggle at those numbers, wondering what a fatty like me is doing here. I hope to inspire some other big dudes to drop that weight, and prove that it can be done. My goals for the program are just as I stated, drop fat. At this point I barely even care about LBM, I just want to take off the fat.

Wish me luck.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like chopping down a big oak! :)

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Why would be boggle at you being here dude?

Im in the same boat as you, problems led to massive weight gain over a once half decent physique.

Although my full routine hasent started yet, ive been trying out some of the workouts this week and man oh man do they get your HR going.

Full routine starts sunday for Zero !

goodluck brother.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
measurement day is a humbling experience. I'm bulking with Bobo right now...well not REALLY bulking...more like building muscle on a healthy dose of protein, carbs, and fats. Things are going so well thus far I'm going to use bobo to cut after this.

Keep posting your results

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Its like chopping down a big oak! :)
I prefer whittling an oak down to a cottonwood, or fir, or some not-quite-as-large tree. I guess I am not much of a tree expert, it took 3 minutes of thinking and one google search to come up with 2 other species of tree.

Diet starts tomorrow. :whip:

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick update-nothing new, radical or fantastic to report as yet, of course. Diet has been 100% so far, just trying to get past those ****ing carb cravings (you know, belly full but you still want ice cream). Aside from that, I am starting to feel better for the majority of the day. Time will tell, along with the tape measure.

Is it saturday yet? :pizza:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. Yes, I hate dieting too.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick update, nothing major to report yet, as it's still so early. Diet has turned the corner, the cravings have pretty much stopped and I have found new, creative ways to eat good food, yet feel like I'm eating something bad. Wheat bagel, poached egg whites, and mozzarella cheese make a bad ass breakfast sandwich that tastes every bit as good as a McMuffin. Not McGriddle league, but what can you do?

However..... SORE. This workout is rough. Never done the slow controlled lifting, always explosive. Ouch. Measurements in 3 days, and initial pics to follow. Avert the eyes of young children when that happens.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Progress so far, measurements done this morning, all cold.

Weight-282 (-6 or so)
Belly-46" (-1")
Waist-42" (NC)
Chest-53.5" (+.5")
Bicep-19" (+.5")
Upper Thigh-32" (NC)
Calf-18.5" (+.5)
Neck-19" (NC)

Diet has been great up until yesterday, went to a wrestling tournament for my kids, and found out my chicken had spoiled when I got there. So, I had a subway sandwich, some fruit and a hamburger yesterday. It was more like a cheat afternoon rather than a meal. I'll be sure to check what I pack beforehand from now on. Exercise has been on all week, not too worried about that, as in the past I haven't had as much trouble exercising as I have eating well.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds perfect. I figured with your size you lose a good amount the first week. Just keep chuggin away!!! :)

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well done man sounds like you had a great first week !

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here I am at the end of week 2, with some interesting results to post. First off, how have I done with diet? To be completely honest, I would put diet at about 80%, and not because I am cheating, but because I don't get a chance to get ALL the meals in. Work has been pure chaos, and I just don't get a chance to get about one meal in. Other than that I have been doing well.

Workouts have been on 100%, and couldn't be going any better. I have been nailing the cardio, and the lifting has been great. I am getting stronger by leaps and bounds. I realize some of that is muscle memory, but I have been surprised at how fast it has come back.

Now the interesting part-the weigh in and measurements. I stepped on the scale yesterday and about had a coronary. Weighed in at 289, up 7 pounds from last week. HOWEVER, here are the measurements...

Belly-45.5" (-1.5")
Waist-41.5" (-.5")
Chest-52" (-1")
Bicep-18.5" (NC)
Upper Thigh-31" (-1")
Calf-18" (NC)
Neck-19" (NC)

My problem areas seem to be shrinking, yet I gain weight and am getting stronger, very noticably, from workout to workout. For instance-on my first chest workout I did incline DB and finished with the 75 pounders for 8 (2:2: ratio). Yesterday I did incline DB and finished with the 120 pounders for 8, same 2:2 ratio.

I am thrilled so far, just a little surprised at the way things are going. I surely didn't expect to get stronger.

:thumbsup:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here I am at the end of week 2, with some interesting results to post. First off, how have I done with diet? To be completely honest, I would put diet at about 80%, and not because I am cheating, but because I don't get a chance to get ALL the meals in. Work has been pure chaos, and I just don't get a chance to get about one meal in. Other than that I have been doing well.

Workouts have been on 100%, and couldn't be going any better. I have been nailing the cardio, and the lifting has been great. I am getting stronger by leaps and bounds. I realize some of that is muscle memory, but I have been surprised at how fast it has come back.

Now the interesting part-the weigh in and measurements. I stepped on the scale yesterday and about had a coronary. Weighed in at 289, up 7 pounds from last week. HOWEVER, here are the measurements...

Belly-45.5" (-1.5")
Waist-41.5" (-.5")
Chest-52" (-1")
Bicep-18.5" (NC)
Upper Thigh-31" (-1")
Calf-18" (NC)
Neck-19" (NC)

My problem areas seem to be shrinking, yet I gain weight and am getting stronger, very noticably, from workout to workout. For instance-on my first chest workout I did incline DB and finished with the 75 pounders for 8 (2:2: ratio). Yesterday I did incline DB and finished with the 120 pounders for 8, same 2:2 ratio.

I am thrilled so far, just a little surprised at the way things are going. I surely didn't expect to get stronger.

:thumbsup:

Just sent you an email.

Belly-45.5" (-1.5")
Waist-41.5" (-.5")
Chest-52" (-1")
Bicep-18.5" (NC)
Upper Thigh-31" (-1")
Calf-18" (NC)
Neck-19" (NC)

Thats ALL we care about right now. Your weight is going to go up and down but if those measurements are dropping, then the fat is coming off. Thats exactly where you want to be.

Just ride the wave until it ends, then we'll make some changes ;)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ride the wave until it ends, then we'll make some changes ;)
The best part is nothing motivates like success. Although I haven't done a whole lot in terms of results yet, I can see progress in my measurements. All that makes me want to do is work harder. I am going to take some pictures today or tomorrow, but I think I am going to wait until the end to post them all so that (hopefully) others can see progress and exactly what they are capable of. If a lazy old man like me can drop weight, ANYBODY can drop weight.

I also appreciate the speedy responses and honest, insightful answers. :thumbsup: