SUK Gold Hulu Kapuas Old Forrest

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Appreciate the opportunity to try out some of the new products. This mini log will be for the Gold Hulu.

In typical SUK fashion, packaging is quality and they are one of the only vendors that includes a scoop. It's a nice touch and helps with quick measurement. I've measured and weight several SUK products over the last couple of years and it's pretty dead on each time so I feel comfortable with the scoop without weighing.

Anyway, onto the product itself.

Smell and taste- I've noticed that the Old Forrest batches are considerably more earthy smelling than the regular SUK regular line and has a distinctly more bitter taste. I happen to like the taste as it reminds me of green tea, but for those sensitive to it, you will want to look to toss and wash or mask it with oj or juice. No biggy, it goes down easy.

Looks- We know that the color of kratom largely comes from the drying process and I don't put a ton of weight into this unless something is markedly darker brown and then I know it will be sedating in most cases. This is a medium brown color and looks like it was probably dried outdoors, allowing the sun to do it's thing. Completely normal looks for what I would expect.

Effects- so the fun part. I dose lower as I like the energy kratom provides in almost all cases. This was no exception, except for one thing I will get to. After dosing, I start to feel the rush to want to talk to people and just motivated to move about in ~20 min on an empty stomach. Nothing overwhelming as I get with some batches, just clean manageable energy. Didn't notice much in analgesic effects during this time. This lasted about an hour or so. Generally the energy lasts about 2-3 hours for me and here is what makes this different- the energy slowly moved into a relaxed, very mellow state with increased analgesic feeling. I found that I wanted to sit and read something and ended up scrolling through Imgur for about 45 min and completely lost track of time. It was a warm body feeling that made me want to put on my cozy stuff, but it was only dinner time. This lasted about 2 hours but I don't recall ever really noticing it stop, I was just super relaxed.

This same experience has happened the last 3 times I took it, so I believe that at the 2g dose I take, this is what I can expect from this. Taking more may change that initial energy and taking less may increase it. I plan to try in the next couple days. So far, I find this to be good for after work or a strenuous day where you can't be sleepy, but want to chill out.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subbed. That blend is a great sleep aid for me at higher dose

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar