STUDY: Cissus aids weight loss

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome

Author(s): Oben J; Kuate D; Agbor G; Momo C; Talla X
Author's Address: Department of Biochemistry, University of Yaoundé I, Yaoundé, Cameroon. [email protected]

Source: Lipids In Health And Disease [Lipids Health Dis] 2006; Vol. 5, pp. 24

Abstract: AIM: Once considered a problem of developed countries, obesity and obesity-related complications (such as metabolic syndrome) are rapidly spreading around the globe. The purpose of the present study was to investigate the use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of metabolic syndrome, particularly weight loss and central obesity. METHODS: The study was a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled design involving 123 overweight and obese persons (47.2% male; 52.8% female; ages 19-50). The 92 obese (BMI >30) participants were randomized into three groups; placebo, formulation/no diet, and formulation/diet (2100-2200 calories/day). The 31 overweight participants (BMI = 25-29) formed a fourth (no diet) treatment group. All participants received two daily doses of the formulation or placebo and remained on a normal or calorie-controlled diet for 8 weeks.

RESULTS: At the end of the trial period, statistically significant net reductions in weight and central obesity, as well as in fasting blood glucose, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, and C-reactive protein were observed in participants who received the formulation, regardless of diet.

CONCLUSION: Cissus quadrangularis formulation appears to be useful in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome.

\_JIMBO_/

\_JIMBO_/

Awards
Well this proves my two month exp.. USP's! cissus is still the most impressive supp I've used

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Nice..I didn't notice significant weight loss on this product, but next time, I'll measure to see if it makes a difference.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting read, it's just bothersome that the product "Cylaris" is a cissus matrix product that also contains caffiene, green tea, and b-vitamins. So cissus's effects on metabolic syndrome solo would really be hard to gauge from the study. Still it's interesting though.

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Interesting read, it's just bothersome that the product "Cylaris" is a cissus matrix product that also contains caffiene, green tea, and b-vitamins. So cissus's effects on metabolic syndrome solo would really be hard to gauge from the study. Still it's interesting though.

My sentiments exactly.