Sth cracked inside my knee

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So like an idiot i got injured in the gym... not working out, but walking down the stairs 😐

As i was going down the stairs i accidentally internally rotated my knee and as if it wanted to come out of socket and i felt cracking inside my knee.

I immediately sat down and put it into the neutral position (legs in front of me). Pain wasnt debilitating but some cold sweat did show up.

I was able to do some squats later pain free but the knee is sore a bit, especially now that it has cooled off (4 hors post workout).

That exact knee i dislocated 10 years ago, and also had this (this internal rotation, as if it wants to dislocate accompanied by crackling sensation) happen once few years later during a basketball game.

What could have happened here? Have i done some long term damage?

I am not well-versed when it comes to biomechanics and physical therapy so looking to hear some opinion.

@Matthersby i know you worked as a paramedic

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The only way to know for sure is to get images done. You can baby it if you don't want to get images now, and see how it feels daily. If it were me, I would see the progression of the matter; I don't have a personal physician, and don't have much money. If you have the money, and easy access to a primary care physician, and can be seen very soon, get images taken.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just ice it and walk for 30 min a few times a week and keep squatting. In a couple of weeks it will be fine.

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In Canada it takes months if not years to get imaging and we are fine. It blows my mind how much imaging people get in the USA and before they give minor injuries a chance to take their normal course.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In Canada it takes months if not years to get imaging and we are fine. It blows my mind how much imaging people get in the USA and before they give minor injuries a chance to take their normal course.
I extremely rarely go to a doctor or the likes.