Starting Test E in your 40's. Any advice?

JayCT78

Awards
I am 42 years old. I am about to start 500mg Test E a week. I've heard different things from different people. Some say it wont benefit me and others say it will. I'm looking to lose weight and get stocky. Any advice?

DGator86

DGator86

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It depends what your blood panel says, combined with how you feel. My total was in the 400’s, free was 7.1 and bioavailable at 200.4. On top of that I felt like crap and was a weepy mess. Now, after almost 4 weeks, I feel amazing. I’m also on HCG.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
58 and I'm about 8 weeks into a Test e cycle (250 mg every 4 days). Enjoying the increased energy and drive.
How much weight are you looking to lose?

JayCT78

Awards
58 and I'm about 8 weeks into a Test e cycle (250 mg every 4 days). Enjoying the increased energy and drive.
How much weight are you looking to lose?
Right now I weight 223. I would like to get down to 175-180 and be muscular.

JayCT78

Awards
It depends what your blood panel says, combined with how you feel. My total was in the 400’s, free was 7.1 and bioavailable at 200.4. On top of that I felt like crap and was a weepy mess. Now, after almost 4 weeks, I feel amazing. I’m also on HCG.
I'm not sure what my levels are exactly but earlier this year I had my pcp test me and she said my levels were normal for my age. But I want to build some muscle, lose weight and feel good.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what my levels are exactly but earlier this year I had my pcp test me and she said my levels were normal for my age. But I want to build some muscle, lose weight and feel good.
You really should find out what your levels are.
What's your PCT look like?

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whoever said 500mg test won’t benefit you was wrong. You should be able to make great gains off of that.

kisaj

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah 500mg is going to provide benefits you are looking for. But it isn't a free pass to eat like **** and not do anything, you put in the work and you'll be amazed at how that will transform you.

I will say that I run blasts at 300-350 and have never seen increased benefits moving to 500.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
I've ran over a gram and still get great results from 300mg/week. I'm normally a lean 240 @ 5'10".

JayCT78

Awards
You really should find out what your levels are.
What's your PCT look like?
To be honest I havent figured out which PCT. Im new to this. Havent started the cycle yet. I will ask for copies of my results from my pcp.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My Dr is 100% against TRT, so I'm doing it diy to see what the changes would be. Test levels 2 years ago were 290 total / 6.1 free, which he considered "close enough to normal".
Having a test level nearing 1,000 was a huge change for me, mentally as well as physically. Words really can't describe the difference. It's like the brakes were bad on your car, but you never really noticed it until you had them fixed. Maybe not the best analogy, but you get what I'm saying.

Two pieces of advice; Don't forget your age. After 6 - 8 weeks you're going to see a substantial strength increase. Don't hurt yourself because you feel like you're 20 again. You're not. And be prepared for a possible big increase in libido. It can get some (married) guys in trouble.

Plenty of knowledgeable people here, so ask if you have questions. Somebody's bound to have the answer

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
To be honest I haven't figured out which PCT. I'm new to this. Haven't started the cycle yet. I will ask for copies of my results from my pcp.
You can order your own blood work online cheap.

If I could go back I would done this from the beginning. I cruise on 10mg of test cyp or enanthate per day and cycle on 20-40mg per day alternating them for 8 weeks each. I use insulin syringes and keep very steady levels, don't need an AI, and maintain my sensitivity to lower levels of test with free test almost always way over range. I still grow very well on ~300mg of test. I turned a buddy on to this and he's cycling 20mg test cyp with 5mg of desoxy-test daily and "blowing up" in his words. I was surprised it worked that low dosed but dude is massive and said he's still gaining strength (he isn't weak at all!) Orals are used at traditional doses for the chosen drug.

Most test creams are 10mg of absorbed dose and work fine with spotty delivery systems.

JayCT78

Awards
My Dr is 100% against TRT, so I'm doing it diy to see what the changes would be. Test levels 2 years ago were 290 total / 6.1 free, which he considered "close enough to normal".
Having a test level nearing 1,000 was a huge change for me, mentally as well as physically. Words really can't describe the difference. It's like the brakes were bad on your car, but you never really noticed it until you had them fixed. Maybe not the best analogy, but you get what I'm saying.

Two pieces of advice; Don't forget your age. After 6 - 8 weeks you're going to see a substantial strength increase. Don't hurt yourself because you feel like you're 20 again. You're not. And be prepared for a possible big increase in libido. It can get some (married) guys in trouble.

Plenty of knowledgeable people here, so ask if you have questions. Somebody's bound to have the answer
Thanks for the info

JayCT78

Awards
Lol, yeah 500mg is going to provide benefits you are looking for. But it isn't a free pass to eat like **** and not do anything, you put in the work and you'll be amazed at how that will transform you.

I will say that I run blasts at 300-350 and have never seen increased benefits moving to 500.
So do you think I should try 300-350 a week instead of 500 a week?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So do you think I should try 300-350 a week instead of 500 a week?
That would depend on your bloodwork numbers. I am on TRT, and dont go over 200 anymore, and gets me well within great ranges.

JayCT78

Awards
That would depend on your bloodwork numbers. I am on TRT, and dont go over 200 anymore, and gets me well within great ranges.
I
I had my blood work done early this year and my pcp said my levels were normal. I'm going to get a printout.

kisaj

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I
I had my blood work done early this year and my pcp said my levels were normal. I'm going to get a printout.
Definitely get a report for yourself because doctors are notorious for saying we are "normal" if you are even in the range.

JayCT78

Awards
Definitely get a report for yourself because doctors are notorious for saying we are "normal" if you are even in the range.
Sounds good. I'll pick up my report this week.

Lusdawg

Awards
I am 46 years old and have been on trt from a hormone clinic for the past year because pcp wouldn’t start me on testosterone therapy. My total t was 300 ng/dL and I was very symptomatic of low t. The clinic started me on 250 mg test cyp weekly (way too much btw). I gained 15 lbs (5’8” started at a doughy 167 lbs up to a lean 183 lbs) in 3 months and found my abs. T level was around 1,000. Mind you, my exercise regimen remained the same (running, mountain biking, skiing, weight training) as pre-trt.

However, my skin was red all the time, I was moody, my bp started getting pretty high, and I had a ridiculous libido.

Since, I’ve dialed myself in at 75 mg twice weekly via IM injection with a 27 g needle (150 mg/week total). I’m staying at a leaner 173 lbs and feel great with an average t level around 750-800. Skin back to normal color, bp in normal range, and much more even mood. Also, I’ve lost minimal strength from when I was 183 lbs. my workout intensity is almost to what it was when I was in my 20’s, and my diet is on point.

My point? Cycling at 250-300 mg test should be more than plenty at your age. Maybe cruise at 150 mg between blasts, just my $0.02

JayCT78

Awards
I am 46 years old and have been on trt from a hormone clinic for the past year because pcp wouldn’t start me on testosterone therapy. My total t was 300 ng/dL and I was very symptomatic of low t. The clinic started me on 250 mg test cyp weekly (way too much btw). I gained 15 lbs (5’8” started at a doughy 167 lbs up to a lean 183 lbs) in 3 months and found my abs. T level was around 1,000. Mind you, my exercise regimen remained the same (running, mountain biking, skiing, weight training) as pre-trt.

However, my skin was red all the time, I was moody, my bp started getting pretty high, and I had a ridiculous libido.

Since, I’ve dialed myself in at 75 mg twice weekly via IM injection with a 27 g needle (150 mg/week total). I’m staying at a leaner 173 lbs and feel great with an average t level around 750-800. Skin back to normal color, bp in normal range, and much more even mood. Also, I’ve lost minimal strength from when I was 183 lbs. my workout intensity is almost to what it was when I was in my 20’s, and my diet is on point.

My point? Cycling at 250-300 mg test should be more than plenty at your age. Maybe cruise at 150 mg between blasts, just my $0.02
Appreciate the information. I think that is exactly what I'm going to do. I'm going to run a cycle of 500mg Enanthate then stay at about 150mg a week. I need to find a hormone clinic where I live so that I can get it from a dr.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Watch doctors saying normal my estrogen has been under 7 and he has said that was fine.

JayCT78

Awards
Hey guys, does anyone know of any over the counter AI that works? I am going to start a cycle soon and cant get my hands on an AI. When I last used Test C 250mg a week I had some nipple tenderness and a lot of bloating.

jtbull

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Off hand no. I heard of arimistane, but if you can get test you should be able to get an ai.....we have a couple research chem sites that are sponsors. iam pretty sure they have arimidex and aromosin. I forget wich ones but proven pepties just popped up as i read this

WANTED

WANTED

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah bro. Just buy one of the good AI’s from a board sponsor here.
Fuk OTC

JayCT78

Awards
Off hand no. I heard of arimistane, but if you can get test you should be able to get an ai.....we have a couple research chem sites that are sponsors. iam pretty sure they have arimidex and aromosin. I forget wich ones but proven pepties just popped up as i read this
Proven peptides has sarms. Didnt see any AIs on there page. Is there a way for me to see all the sponsors?

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Watch your Estradiol. Start at 100mg per week, divided in two 50mg shots.
Focus on losing fat before running higher testosterone doses. You will regret it if you don't.
You will need an AI like Anastrozole in your current state to run those high 250+mg doses.
AIs are never a good idea. Start at 100mg per week, get your diet dialed in and work hard before going higher.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your playing with fire here bud.

Start lifting and lose weight. You'll be surprised how much better you feel and your hormones might even go up as a result. Then reassess. Sounds like you want the easy way out

JayCT78

Awards
Your playing with fire here bud.

Start lifting and lose weight. You'll be surprised how much better you feel and your hormones might even go up as a result. Then reassess. Sounds like you want the easy way out
Nah I know I have to do my part. I know it's not going to be easy. It's going to take a lot of hard work and dieting. I just wanted a boost. Something to help me get results a little faster. I'm 42 bro. At my age itll prob take forever.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Nah I know I have to do my part. I know it's not going to be easy. It's going to take a lot of hard work and dieting. I just wanted a boost. Something to help me get results a little faster. I'm 42 bro. At my age itll prob take forever.
[/QUOT
We are trying to help you here. Having excess body fat and going on testosterone will not end well for you. Do 100mg per week, maximum if you must attempt it. But, losing fat first with diet and cardio is the best route.

TheBigJS

TheBigJS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
500mg of test won't help with actual weight loss one bit, in fact it'll probably make you carry about 10lb extra water.
It will help build muscle, a lot. And if your diet is on point it'll help with body composition.
But in the end your actual weight will be decided by your calorie intake.
I've got pics of me, 100% natty, 170lb, 28" waist with a six pack.
And pics of me on test and tren, 250+ lb, 38" waist and nearly a hanging over belly.

JayCT78

Awards
We are trying to help you here. Having excess body fat and going on testosterone will not end well for you. Do 100mg per week, maximum if you must attempt it. But, losing fat first with diet and cardio is the best route.
Nah I completely understand. I appreciate all the advice that everyone is giving me. You guys know way more about this stuff than I do. I'm not going to run the cycle right now. Going to work on my diet and lose the necessary weight. Going to hit the gym and do some cardio and weight lifting. Then I will consider Test.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, does anyone know of any over the counter AI that works? I am going to start a cycle soon and cant get my hands on an AI. When I last used Test C 250mg a week I had some nipple tenderness and a lot of bloating.
I am biased because I rep for the company that makes it, but the best over the counter AI that I have used [that is still legal] is VIRTUS by ironlegion. my favorite of all time was td formestane but it's no longer available to me....

THEBIGT saves 25% off at both ironlegion and iconicformulation sites.

PhoenixGamer

Awards
Nah I completely understand. I appreciate all the advice that everyone is giving me. You guys know way more about this stuff than I do. I'm not going to run the cycle right now. Going to work on my diet and lose the necessary weight. Going to hit the gym and do some cardio and weight lifting. Then I will consider Test.
Bravo. You will likely get to your goal faster this way. Goodluck, man.