SPONSORED LOG - Vector & Follidrone - Woman - READ FIRST POST BEFORE ASKING ??

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoulder width is looking great!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SPONSORED LOG - Vector & Follidrone - Woman - READ FIRST POST BEFORE ASKING ??

Had to lighten up on squats today because my lower back is sore AF. Made up for it by going heavier on everything else.

I’ve noticed I’ve been sweating a lot more during my last 3 cardio sessions. Not sure what that’s about but at least it makes me feel like I’m working harder

I’m getting a lot of good feedback regarding my progress which is nice because I am blind to it.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally researched proper bench form and I’m not too proud to admit that I was doing everything incorrectly. So today I focused on setting up properly, hitting the cues and was able to take the weight up 15 lbs. I might have been able to go higher but I don’t have a spotter. I feel like an idiot because I’ve been doing it incorrectly and putting the load on my delts which caused a lot of pain (neck injury). But now I’m hoping to see more chest gains. I do bench, incline bench and pec deck.

Still seeing slow but steady progress in the mirror. I hate seeing the scale also go up and I know I’m reaching the point where a quick and painful cut is necessary. Ive got a few more weeks on the vector/fd2 stack before I do that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love food so cutting sucks for me as well but the results in the mirror pay off and are worth it:)

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love food so cutting sucks for me as well but the results in the mirror pay off and are worth it:)
I love food as well - it’s tough. But I figure two-three weeks is better than the 20-week cuts I’m used to. Seeing all of my friends starting their prep is making feel feel extra fat.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
2-3 weeks is way better than 20!:) I'm a 2-3 week cutter as well. I can't go on a cut for long periods. I get weak and burnt out.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally researched proper bench form and I’m not too proud to admit that I was doing everything incorrectly. So today I focused on setting up properly, hitting the cues and was able to take the weight up 15 lbs. I might have been able to go higher but I don’t have a spotter. I feel like an idiot because I’ve been doing it incorrectly and putting the load on my delts which caused a lot of pain (neck injury). But now I’m hoping to see more chest gains. I do bench, incline bench and pec deck.

Still seeing slow but steady progress in the mirror. I hate seeing the scale also go up and I know I’m reaching the point where a quick and painful cut is necessary. Ive got a few more weeks on the vector/fd2 stack before I do that.
I did that a few years back and was amazed at the difference it made in strength and development!! Learning is all part of the process! Nothing to feel bad about! You’re doing great btw!! Looking awesome!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2-3 weeks is way better than 20!:) I'm a 2-3 week cutter as well. I can't go on a cut for long periods. I get weak and burnt out.
I definitely get weak and burned out. That’s why I can only do one or two shows a year. I’m jealous of those that can do show after show after show but my old body can’t handle it.

I did that a few years back and was amazed at the difference it made in strength and development!! Learning is all part of the process! Nothing to feel bad about! You’re doing great btw!! Looking awesome!
Thanks so much for the kind words! I like being able to explore new lifts while I take time off competing. Bikini competitors don’t need to develop chest but I don’t even care - I want to see what I am capable of

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. It's too hard on your body to do more than a few shows a year.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was able to go up a bit in weight for back day despite pain. Tried to focus on really contracting muscles without also letting pain interfere - not as easy as I’d hoped. Also - pendlay row form continues to be my nemesis

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really good chest day. I’m still unsure how to approach guys for a spot without (i) interrupting their workout and (ii) making them think I’m trying to hit on them. It’s a delicate balance. Most of the guys there at the same time as me are either young enough to be my kids or old enough to be my dad - I don’t want either group thinking I trying to chat them up!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really good chest day. I’m still unsure how to approach guys for a spot without (i) interrupting their workout and (ii) making them think I’m trying to hit on them. It’s a delicate balance. Most of the guys there at the same time as me are either young enough to be my kids or old enough to be my dad - I don’t want either group thinking I trying to chat them up!!
Haha that's funny. You just need to find another woman that's strong enough to spot you. ha

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Modified leg day here as my entire body hurts - hips, back (lower and upper), legs. Just a whole body hurt. I’m not sure if it’s a fibromyalgia flare up or just from workouts. Lighter weights and did higher reps or drop sets. No back squats as I know my hips just couldn’t take it today.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just ask. if they hit on you just ignore it. They will figure out your there to lift and not pick anyone up. Note: Make sure there wife is not with them!
Mine gets a little jelly when women ask for advice. (of course I would fit in that I could be your Dad)

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I’m bad about asking for a spot too. When I do need one, I just scope the room looking for guys I think will be ok. It’s just a leap of faith. Most guys will be fairly respectful and realize you mean business. Catch them between sets, even the set before you’re ready and ask them to jump in on their next break.

Btw what did you do to your hip? I missed that! Sorry!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’m bad about asking for a spot too. When I do need one, I just scope the room looking for guys I think will be ok. It’s just a leap of faith. Most guys will be fairly respectful and realize you mean business. Catch them between sets, even the set before you’re ready and ask them to jump in on their next break.

Btw what did you do to your hip? I missed that! Sorry!
That’s great advice - thanks.

Not really sure that I did anything specific to my hips but I have fibromyalgia and a bulging disk in my neck that could be contributing to the pain. I’ve been squatting twice a week and my body just may be adjusting.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not a bad shoulder day which was surprising. I’m actually seeing a bit of growth.
C2BE2606-AD24-495A-933F-137287A3FA0A.jpg

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work! Looking great

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welp. Humbling day in the gym. I decided I’d try high bar squats and that was a big NO thanks to neck. Switched back to low bar and even at light weight my hips were achy. Put 45s and could barely get it up without knee valgus. Taught everyone at the gym some new curse words. Everything felt heavy AF today and I left frustrated. Tomorrow is back day, though!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s great advice - thanks.

Not really sure that I did anything specific to my hips but I have fibromyalgia and a bulging disk in my neck that could be contributing to the pain. I’ve been squatting twice a week and my body just may be adjusting.
Ahh could be! I was diagnosed with that a few years back as well! No fun when inflammation flares up!

Welp. Humbling day in the gym. I decided I’d try high bar squats and that was a big NO thanks to neck. Switched back to low bar and even at light weight my hips were achy. Put 45s and could barely get it up without knee valgus. Taught everyone at the gym some new curse words. Everything felt heavy AF today and I left frustrated. Tomorrow is back day, though!
Those days are tough! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ahh could be! I was diagnosed with that a few years back as well! No fun when inflammation flares up!

Those days are tough! Hopefully tomorrow will be better!
Lawd - it better! If I look that mess again I’ll just cry

Cutting carbs out of one meal and calories from several others just to make room for this today.

IMG_9545.JPG

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My apologies … my trial of Vector and Follidrone is over and I need to post up my final measurements and pics (which I took a week ago) but life has gotten in the way. I promise to do so as soon as I can. Sorry!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Sad that you are finished but sounds like you got the results you wanted! In for the final review!

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Finally! So sorry for the delay. Final stats:

Weight: 124.2 (up 3.2)

Thigh - 21 (up 1)
Waist - 27.5 (up .5)
Chest - unchanged
Shoulders - 42 (up 1.75)

For some reason my shoulders grow pretty easily.

My calories remained the same throughout. I was gaining body fat so I saw no reason to increase them. I will say that was one difference from my usual gw/osta stack - I gained a little more body fat than I’m used to or would like to.

No other sides to speak of - especially no GI problems to which I am prone.

Overall I felt the Vector/FD2 stack was decent. I’m newer to the lifting game (only 4 yrs) so that could be why I saw some positive results. Not happy about the weight gain but since I’m not competing this year, I’m not too worried about it.

IMG_9632.JPG
IMG_9633.JPG

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice final review and looking good in the update pics!