Sosa anyone??

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone heard anything about him lately. Last thing I heard was he might sign with the Nats, but that was before the season started. He was awful last year, makes me wonder if he used. He just dissappeared now, I am just checking to see if anyone has heard anything at all about him?

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
I can't say that I've heard anything about him lately, but he used to be one of my favorite players back in the day when he played for the Cubs. Now that I think about it, it is kinda weird that there really hasn't been any mention of his name in the tabloids or on ESPN seeing as he used to be such an allstar.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I can't say that I've heard anything about him lately, but he used to be one of my favorite players back in the day when he played for the Cubs. Now that I think about it, it is kinda weird that there really hasn't been any mention of his name in the tabloids or on ESPN seeing as he used to be such an allstar.
Yeah even last year while he was on Baltimore, you didn't hear much about him except during the Congressional Hearings. I know he was hurt for a little, and had a bad year, but he used to be an annual all-star/mvp contender.

redraiderdave

Awards
  • Established
He is somewhere in the domincan republic enjoying his millions

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always had him pegged as an HGH user...and he was definitely subpar last year.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, except he never got as bad as a rap, but then again McGwire had the andro in the locker and Bonds' testimony leaked. So I guess no one had any type of suggestion other than what he looked like to use against him. Even though he was usually mentioned along with them.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're right about the bad rap. Everybody has always loved Sammy, even when he corked his bat. Maybe that wasn't cork in his bat...it was his stash.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
You're right about the bad rap. Everybody has always loved Sammy, even when he corked his bat. Maybe that wasn't cork in his bat...it was his stash.
HAHAHA who knows, all I can say is it seems fishy that he totally dissappeared after Palmeiro got trashed. I mean during the summer I believe reading he was trying to make a deal with the Nats but he wouldnt leave the DR. Maybe if he comes back with that Jerry Curl he had when he was with the White Sox then he could be Slammin' Sammy again.

Spartan117

Awards
He was offered a non guaranteed 1 yr contract with the Nats. He declined and just went home. No other temas have tried to contact him.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah Sosa is so washed up. I guess he cant hit anymore without the juice or the corked bats.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah Sosa is so washed up. I guess he cant hit anymore without the juice or the corked bats.

Its amazing that one can say that, THIS IS THE REASON I HATE THE CUBS!!!
People kill me with the what have you done for me lately attitude.
Sammy was a killer player for the Cubs, as well as great team member. SO what he corked his Bat, so what he was juicin none the less he still hit home runs when pitchers would bean him, and throw outside and awy, while throught the middle for mcfag. Sosa has been treaded on by many fans and it pisses me off to no end when people can take your talent and equate it to Steroid, or cork bat use !!! He got to the major without using, and it just hightened his game, I wonder how far many of these so called naysayers got in their little league?

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Its amazing that one can say that, THIS IS THE REASON I HATE THE CUBS!!!
People kill me with the what have you done for me lately attitude.
Sammy was a killer player for the Cubs, as well as great team member. SO what he corked his Bat, so what he was juicin none the less he still hit home runs when pitchers would bean him, and throw outside and awy, while throught the middle for mcfag. Sosa has been treaded on by many fans and it pisses me off to no end when people can take your talent and equate it to Steroid, or cork bat use !!! He got to the major without using, and it just hightened his game, I wonder how far many of these so called naysayers got in their little league?
Yeah he was a pretty damn good teammate for many years as a Cub. Although towards the end he started to act up and wanted out, but he did a lot for the Cubs. Without him they would have been terrible and wouldnt have had the fan support that they have.

Spartan117

Awards
Yeah, truth is what ever he may have or have not done he was one of the few bright spots for a league that is suffering. Baseball does a poor job of protecting its only assets.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, truth is what ever he may have or have not done he was one of the few bright spots for a league that is suffering. Baseball does a poor job of protecting its only assets.
So true. I think Pujols will be the face of baseball for awhile, he is seen as clean and a hard worker. No steroid talk about him, hopefully he is clean and can provide baseball with a bright spot for years to come. A Rod and Jeter could be up there with Pujols as faces of baseball except A Rod seems to buckling under pressure in New York, even though I am sure he still has another great year. Jeter on the other hand just bothers me, I dunno why, but he is a good player. Hopefully we can get past all these steroid talks and get back to fun baseball again.

HeIsLegend

Awards
Sammy Sosa told a radio station in Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic that he has not retired from baseball and wants to play in 2007. In February, Sosa rejected the only major league deal he was presented, a 1-year/$500,000 contract with performance bonuses from the Washington Nationals. The Nationals had originally offered him a minor league contract with a spring training invite. Sosa claimed both deals were "disrespectful to my legacy".