Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If it was me, I'd do

Meal 1,2,3 All mainly protein and some fat from whole eggs.
Intra workout 15 - 20 grams of carbs , but to be honest, I'd save all the carbs for post workout. You could use glycerin insteead which is less impactful and will give you a crazy pump. Or just save the carbs for post. Glycerin from walmart is cheap and basically the same as glycerol
Meals 4,5,6 Protein and carbs

Would not cut out fibrous veggies what so ever , stick to green bean, green pepper , spinach and cucumber

Wake up - Black coffee
Cardio for half of your total. Finish the other half post workout

Meal 1 - Chicken , whole eggs and egg whites
Meal 2 - Fish , whole eggs and spinach
Meal 3 - Pre workout meal - Fish, serving of mct oil and egg whites w/ ton of salt
Pre workout - Take your pre w/ 2 grams of beet root extract
Intra - EAA's , creatine, salt, glutamine and 1-2 tbls of glycerin w/ a ton of water
Post workout - Pin you l carnitine before you consume the beginning of the carbohydrates.
Meal 4 - Cream of rice and whey isolate
Meal 5 - Yam, chicken breast and a salad with cucumber, pepper, green bean etc
Meal 6 - Some Strawberry , quick oats and egg whites

You'd just account for your total cals you're consuming and macros. He hasn't really reduced the fat to replace with carbs.
The reason he reduced the fibrous vegetables is because since I upped them I have been pretty gassy and my stomach was just a little off, I was eating a ton of raw vegetables. His choice if chicken or pork is because I'm on the road a lot, I can handle cold chicken and tenderloin, I can't do cold fish and I'm not really big on fish to begin with, love me a good seared tuna or sushi but other then that I'm not a fan of cooked fish.

I do really like your idea of the pump stuff pre workout and doing all the carbs post.

I'm gonna give his way a week or 2 without saying anything and then I'm going to bring up some of the things you mentioned.

As for the l Carnitine, I actually stopped using in the beginning of October, I went on a vacation and didn't bring it with me and just haven't used it since I got back, no real reason why but that will get thrown back in tomorrow.

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The reason he reduced the fibrous vegetables is because since I upped them I have been pretty gassy and my stomach was just a little off, I was eating a ton of raw vegetables. His choice if chicken or pork is because I'm on the road a lot, I can handle cold chicken and tenderloin, I can't do cold fish and I'm not really big on fish to begin with, love me a good seared tuna or sushi but other then that I'm not a fan of cooked fish.

I do really like your idea of the pump stuff pre workout and doing all the carbs post.

I'm gonna give his way a week or 2 without saying anything and then I'm going to bring up some of the things you mentioned.

As for the l Carnitine, I actually stopped using in the beginning of October, I went on a vacation and didn't bring it with me and just haven't used it since I got back, no real reason why but that will get thrown back in tomorrow.
Okay, I see. Try different vegetables and you probably need to avoid cruciferous , but spinach , green bean, cucumber and pepper gives me zero issues + being the lowest calorie/carb. Chicken is fine, but replacing some fish, if you can, makes a ton of difference in the look of the physique. If you can , I would. But you're on the road so have to make it manageable .

The pump pre/intra you'll like and you won't need any added carbs.. trust me. Glycerin draws water into the muscle. It is technically a carb source, but I know people who use it onn keto without making an impact. It processes differently.

Try it for 2 weeks and if you still are looking for more, feel free to try my plan lol. Also , if there's any sweet, or processed carb you like, do it post workout, but account for calories.

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Il try the cashew milk, I don't need the stevia tho, I don't use sugar or sweetener in my coffee, I like it bitter
Super good! Only 25 cals per cup vs Half and half. It will be negligible. It's creamier than almond milk

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought you still had carn in which is why I made that recommendation , but tbh, I don't think inject l carn does much lol. It's overhyped and marketed. If you were carnitine deficient and started pinning it, that would be a different story.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Okay, I see. Try different vegetables and you probably need to avoid cruciferous , but spinach , green bean, cucumber and pepper gives me zero issues + being the lowest calorie/carb. Chicken is fine, but replacing some fish, if you can, makes a ton of difference in the look of the physique. If you can , I would. But you're on the road so have to make it manageable .

The pump pre/intra you'll like and you won't need any added carbs.. trust me. Glycerin draws water into the muscle. It is technically a carb source, but I know people who use it onn keto without making an impact. It processes differently.

Try it for 2 weeks and if you still are looking for more, feel free to try my plan lol. Also , if there's any sweet, or processed carb you like, do it post workout, but account for calories.
Im not eliminating vegetable completely, I will still have mixed greens that has spinach and arugula in the mix as well as cucumbers in my salad.
I also plan on using diced peppers in my eggs.

I'm gonna pick up some glycerin tomorrow, I don't believe I've ever used it before unless it was in something that I already purchased like a pre or intra product

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
When you say fish, are you talking low fat white fish? That's going to be really hard to squeeze in while I'm at work or on the road, I'd have to put that twords the end of the day, salmon and tuna (real tuna not tuna fish) I could definitely do cold over my salad

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And @Iwilleattuna , I definitely appreciate your feedback and everything you say is being taken into consideration 👍

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When you say fish, are you talking low fat white fish? That's going to be really hard to squeeze in while I'm at work or on the road, I'd have to put that twords the end of the day, salmon and tuna (real tuna not tuna fish) I could definitely do cold over my salad
Salmon is a little high in fat, but tuna is perfect. However , you could replace your whole eggs in the first meals with salmon of course. White fish and tuna is what I recommend.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will say, I do like the pairing a weak muscle with a strong and hitting the weak first, I feel like that will help a lot with the way my energy's been.
My knees are finally feeling good so tomorrow I'm going straight in on legs and il hit triceps after

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And @Iwilleattuna , I definitely appreciate your feedback and everything you say is being taken into consideration 👍
Yes sir, I appreciate you taking me into consideration. I got some hate on this board so I don't post to logs and give recommendations, but I have helped some people reach their goals and know a bit or two ;)

You've made great progress and I'd recommend avoiding a bulk once shredded. Hold it the low body fat and improve hardness. Then go for a slow , recomp and add DENSE tissue. The scale is just a number

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I will say, I do like the pairing a weak muscle with a strong and hitting the weak first, I feel like that will help a lot with the way my energy's been.
My knees are finally feeling good so tomorrow I'm going straight in on legs and il hit triceps after
That's not a bad way to do it. I've done quads with triceps and back with hamstrings before

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Salmon is a little high in fat, but tuna is perfect. However , you could replace your whole eggs in the first meals with salmon of course. White fish and tuna is what I recommend.
I could definitely do that, I'd probably replace the meat and eggs/peppers with salmon and spinach and that would be pretty easy to balance the calories out and get roughly the same amount of protein

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I could definitely do that, I'd probably replace the meat and eggs/peppers with salmon and spinach and that would be pretty easy to balance the calories out and get roughly the same amount of protein
Perfect ! Sounds delicious. Salmon scramble

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes sir, I appreciate you taking me into consideration. I got some hate on this board so I don't post to logs and give recommendations, but I have helped some people reach their goals and know a bit or two ;)

You've made great progress and I'd recommend avoiding a bulk once shredded. Hold it the low body fat and improve hardness. Then go for a slow , recomp and add DENSE tissue. The scale is just a number
When I say bulk I'm really just saying add more muscle, I spent most of the past year in what I would call a recomp. I also don't care a whole lot about the scale weight. I want to slowly work my way back to where I feel good and strong. I plan on shooting for 1lb a week as a maximum, meaning I don't need to gain a pound a week I just don't want to gain more than a pound a week. I don't plan on getting fat again.

I've spent the past 2 years bouncing back and forth from kinda fat to average and I'd like my bf this coming year to stay between lean and average.

It took me a while but I finally figured out that the stuff that got me big and jacked in my 20's isint working for me at 35 and 36 years old.

The big picture now is spending the next 3-4 years finding whatever peak I'm still capable of and then after 40 just trying to maintain that look.

I could have swore I was 21 like 3 years ago and now in 3-4 more years il be knocking on 40🤦

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I also highly regret slacking off for 5 years straight and doing all the dumb s*** that got me injured that seems to keep coming back

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a plan. And age does come into factor and the difficulty to continue progressing, but you just have to learn ways around it right? lol Adapt to the changes

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The bulk and cut protocols have held more people back than the slow annd controlled approach . IMO

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The bulk and cut protocols have held more people back than the slow annd controlled approach . IMO
I guess it depends on the goal, if you want to get as big and muscular as fast as humanly possible then your not going to recomp your way to that. Your going to have to put some weight on. If your goal is to just look great, a fitness model or a physique-based athlete excluding open bodybuilding of course, then that bulk is not complete necessary. I think somewhere along the way the word bulking got confused with getting fat, when I say bulking I mean add muscle.

My goals are not to step on a stage, I don't need to be shredded, I just want to be the biggest version of myself that I can be with visible abs and be as strong as I can be without getting hurt again in the process. I'm 5'9, when I was in my mid to late 20's I could maintain 200lbs with abs, 215 with abs if I was on SD or anadrol lol.
Now my abs start to fade if I go over 195/200 so I definitely need to add another 10-15lbs of muscle. Seeing how I'm kinda shooting to do this before I'm 40 I think 3.5 years is plenty of time to put 15lbs of tissue on. 5lbs a year shouldn't be too much of a challenge for anyone with a little gear and some effort

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Something I never can understand and it happens all the time, I just took 2-3 days off my diet, stayed out of the gym completely, no cardio either.

Scale weight did not go up, it's actually down
0.2Lbs

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Something I never can understand and it happens all the time, I just took 2-3 days off my diet, stayed out of the gym completely, no cardio either.

0.2Lbs
yep, and a day or two of eating well and training will see the scales back up. I get the same and always assumed it to be the reduction in water retention in the muscle 🤷

I agree a bulk doesn’t have to mean getting fat btw, it does depend a bit on drug response and individual genetics (I gain fat instantly regardless of how well I control diet if on nothing or just test, however, I respond really well to hgh in that regard, totally changed the game for me last bulk).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
yep, and a day or two of eating well and training will see the scales back up. I get the same and always assumed it to be the reduction in water retention in the muscle 🤷

I agree a bulk doesn’t have to mean getting fat btw, it does depend a bit on drug response and individual genetics (I gain fat instantly regardless of how well I control diet if on nothing or just test, however, I respond really well to hgh in that regard, totally changed the game for me last bulk).
I do plan on using it this time around, but not immediately, I usually don't start getting fat until I'm over a certain body weight and I'm going to wait till I'm approaching that before I add it in. Not for purely body fat reasons I have other reasons behind why as well that's just kind of the point where I'm choosing to start it. I want to play around with some LR3 first anyway

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think everything Tuna posted nutritionally makes a lot of sense and it wouldn’t lead you astray if it jives with your food preferences.

The main thing I disagree with your friend’s plan is the elimination of the fibrous veggie snacks. You were eating too much of them - that doesn’t mean eliminate them entirely! Cut them down and ditch the hummus; having the bean dip out alone will be the biggest calorie & gas cut with that. But you should be able to have a handful of plain baby carrots & a cup of raw broccoli/cauliflower per day and still get ripped. They will improve satiety and promote bowel regularity. You think you are bloated now, try not pooping for 3 days. Your waist will blow out and you will mindf*ck yourself quick.

I agree the creamers are unnecessary. You want to get lean as possible, those add up and are dead nutrition beyond calories. Poor investment.

Hmmm, if only you could pin 400mg L-Carnitine preWO and get an insulin spike from your intra EAA consumption to better utilize your stored bodyfat for fuel, while improving endurance….🤨 It’s almost like it was made for the situation you’re in…

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think everything Tuna posted nutritionally makes a lot of sense and it wouldn’t lead you astray if it jives with your food preferences.

The main thing I disagree with your friend’s plan is the elimination of the fibrous veggie snacks. You were eating too much of them - that doesn’t mean eliminate them entirely! Cut them down and ditch the hummus; having the bean dip out alone will be the biggest calorie & gas cut with that. But you should be able to have a handful of plain baby carrots & a cup of raw broccoli/cauliflower per day and still get ripped. They will improve satiety and promote bowel regularity. You think you are bloated now, try not pooping for 3 days. Your waist will blow out and you will mindf*ck yourself quick.

I agree the creamers are unnecessary. You want to get lean as possible, those add up and are dead nutrition beyond calories. Poor investment.

Hmmm, if only you could pin 400mg L-Carnitine preWO and get an insulin spike from your intra EAA consumption to better utilize your stored bodyfat for fuel, while improving endurance….🤨 It’s almost like it was made for the situation you’re in…
i agree with raw veg for satiety but only if someone can handle it from a digestion standpoint. I used to eat more raw or lightly cooked veg but I really struggled with digestion (at any quantity). I find cooked veg almost as effective for satiety tbh. Hummus is crazy easy to over consume calories from (although nutritionally I rate it).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

The fibrous vegetables were not completely eliminated, he just had me eliminate all the extra that I added over the last few weeks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
On a daily basis I had added shredded cabbage into my salads, two servings of hummus, about 10 baby carrots, a whole large cucumber, bell peppers broccoli and green beans. I went from 20 something grams of fiber a day to about 60, I'm going back down to about 20

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And I 100% agree with eliminating the half and half and light cream, I just don't want to lol, but I am. I was accounting for like two servings a day and it was more like seven or eight. Between my off calculations on all the vegetables and that extra six half and half or creams there was about 400 calories going unaccounted for

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
And I 100% agree with eliminating the half and half and light cream, I just don't want to lol, but I am. I was accounting for like two servings a day and it was more like seven or eight. Between my off calculations on all the vegetables and that extra six half and half or creams there was about 400 calories going unaccounted for
easy done, although I do subscribe to the theory that if you are going to miss record calorie intake then do so consistently (like I use skimmed milk in coffee and never log it but I have the same amount every day, obviously the actual total calorie number itself is irrelevant, the only important factor is whether you are in a surplus or deficit). But that only works with stuff that is a constant (and tbf stuff that isn’t a big waste of calories that should really be cut)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i agree with raw veg for satiety but only if someone can handle it from a digestion standpoint. I used to eat more raw or lightly cooked veg but I really struggled with digestion (at any quantity). I find cooked veg almost as effective for satiety tbh. Hummus is crazy easy to over consume calories from (although nutritionally I rate it).
To be clear, it’s not the raw thing I care about. I just believe in low cal/cruciferous/green veggies to be great investments if the lifter actively desires to eat them. Nothing can be a totally free food if you are trying to get that lean, but I would rather see that than any other carbohydrate anywhere if it’s actively improving consistent compliance.

On a daily basis I had added shredded cabbage into my salads, two servings of hummus, about 10 baby carrots, a whole large cucumber, bell peppers broccoli and green beans. I went from 20 something grams of fiber a day to about 60, I'm going back down to about 20
All I’m saying is that it’s not not white/black. You could try 30-40g. For one thing, fiber is something the body has to adapt to over time. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.

easy done, although I do subscribe to the theory that if you are going to miss record calorie intake then do so consistently (like I use skimmed milk in coffee and never log it but I have the same amount every day, obviously the actual total calorie number itself is irrelevant, the only important factor is whether you are in a surplus or deficit). But that only works with stuff that is a constant (and tbf stuff that isn’t a big waste of calories that should really be cut)
Yeah things like my krill oil and supplements don’t get counted because they are rain or shine, every day without fail.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So let me run this down 1 more time, see if we're all on the same page. I'm still open to adjusting things but he went through the effort of doing this for me so I'm least going to give it about two weeks just following what he says before I start making my own suggestions to him. It's not like you charged me anything so I'm not losing out, but I at least want to put some of my effort in to match the effort he did.

Meals are all protein and fat except around the workout window, pre, sometimes intra, and post workout.

I do still have vegetables in the mix, meals one two and five I'll have vegetables. Different greens, cucumber, peppers ect.

Switching to black coffee and green teas (I've got a pomegranate green tea that I really like)

Calories are slightly lower from elimination of half and half.

I'm adding Carnitine back in.

Still on trt 150mg, been pinning 50 Monday Wednesday Friday as of lately.

Bodyweight 185ish.

I've made notes of everything everyone has said and all those suggestions will be brought up to this guy in a week or 2.

If the reduction in fiber makes me less gassy and my stomach feel a little better then I'll start adding a little bit more vegetables back in as snacks if I get hungry.

I'm actually taking 1 more day off the gym. Got a ton of work to finish today and I need to get this 💰💰💰.

I'll be back in the gym at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning for legs and triceps

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That all makes sense to me. Hit the fresh brewed green tea as much as you like; it will actively support immune function, fat loss, & well-being.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That all makes sense to me. Hit the fresh brewed green tea as much as you like; it will actively support immune function, fat loss, & well-being.
I got a question that might be better suited to you, my knees are feeling pretty good so I'm going to squat tomorrow. To play it safe I'm not going to do atg squats with any more than 225 lb. As that's usually where my knees would start really bothering me if they were bothering me. You think there's a benefit to still doing the heavy box squats and then after the last heavy set of box squats drastically reducing the weight in doing one all out set of full rom squats. Like a 20 rep set breathing set?

Or do I just save my energy use lighter weights and grind out some high rep squats from the get go

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I got a question that might be better suited to you, my knees are feeling pretty good so I'm going to squat tomorrow. To play it safe I'm not going to do atg squats with any more than 225 lb. As that's usually where my knees would start really bothering me if they were bothering me. You think there's a benefit to still doing the heavy box squats and then after the last heavy set of box squats drastically reducing the weight in doing one all out set of full rom squats. Like a 20 rep set breathing set?

Or do I just save my energy use lighter weights and grind out some high rep squats from the get go
depends on the goal (I know you asked Hyde but figured I’d throw my 2 cents in 😂)

if it’s hyperthropy then a final rest pause style 20 rep set could have some benefit but tbh I think that’s slightly over thinking it.

if intensity and volume are there then however you slice it and dice it you’ll get results. It also depends how you’ve trained recently (if you’ve gone strength focused sub 5 rep type work for the past 6 months plus then you’ll probably benefit more from lighter weight higher rep and vica Versa).

specifically on squatting, personally I would just do the heavy box squats, if you then want to move weight with full rom I’d go single leg exercises like BSS, pistol squats (using a trx unless your better than me and can do them without) and foot elevated lunges with lighter weight myself 🤷

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
depends on the goal (I know you asked Hyde but figured I’d throw my 2 cents in 😂)

if it’s hyperthropy then a final rest pause style 20 rep set could have some benefit but tbh I think that’s slightly over thinking it.

if intensity and volume are there then however you slice it and dice it you’ll get results. It also depends how you’ve trained recently (if you’ve gone strength focused sub 5 rep type work for the past 6 months plus then you’ll probably benefit more from lighter weight higher rep and vica Versa).

specifically on squatting, personally I would just do the heavy box squats, if you then want to move weight with full rom I’d go single leg exercises like BSS, pistol squats (using a trx unless your better than me and can do them without) and foot elevated lunges with lighter weight myself 🤷
The most senses for me to skip the box squats, the whole point of this is high intensity, one working set to total failure. I wasn't really overthinking it I was more so just looking for an excuse to do something heavy with low reps LOL

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like you should skip the heavy box squats and the volume work and try to warm up and hit one intense set of breathing squats.

You could even do those to a box if the knee wouldn’t appreciate full ROM, but I would go free if it won’t hurt it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like you should skip the heavy box squats and the volume work and try to warm up and hit one intense set of breathing squats.

You could even do those to a box if the knee wouldn’t appreciate full ROM, but I would go free if it won’t hurt it.
Agreed, last time I did legs was about a week ago and I worked up to 225 full rom, then threw 3 plates on for some box squats. Or something like that, I gotta look at last workout to be sure, but regardless. Knees felt good, on that day and athe days following. Honestly everything feels good right now, the couple days off did me a favor. I don't typically deload. I usually just take a extra day off if I'm not feeling it so I also think I was just over due for a little break. And for once I'm actually excited to get back to the gym tomorrow instead of dragging myself in like I've been doing the past month or 2

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Ironpirate you can disagree with my comment without down voting it lol, I simply said I believe trest is a bad compound and is overal weak. I didn’t insult your mother

Ironpirate

Ironpirate

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Ironpirate you can disagree with my comment without down voting it lol, I simply said I believe trest is a bad compound and is overal weak. I didn’t insult your mother
I'm just [email protected] with you bro. I don't think they even matter. Talking bad about trest is blasphemy in my circle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
😂😂😂😂

Y'all are retarded,

Now everyone is staring at me cus I'm sitting on the couch laughing and no one understands why

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I only use the app anymore so I can’t downvote or see downvotes. Not that useful if it doesn’t stretch across both platforms

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

0.2Lbs
Sounds like you definitely needed the rest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I doubt anyone is interested in the bitch ass workout I did yesterday or any of them for the next few weeks but I I'm still going to keep this log active for the heck of it and when I switch gears I'll make it more about logging workouts in my food cuz everything's pretty boring right now.

Legs and triceps yesterday was very unsatisfying lol.

Warmed up with 10 minutes on an elliptical machine followed by two light sets of 20 reps on hamstring curls and 2x20 leg extensions.

Moved on to squats, bar for 20, 135 for 20, 185 for 20 and I caught a muscle spasm or Charlie horse or something in my hamstring and that was it for legs.

For triceps I did a couple sets of over head rope ext and a couple sets of pressdowns.

Moved on to close grip bench, 95x20, 135x20, 185x17 rest about 10secconds and squeezed out 5 more

Did a set of 46 pushups and hopped on the stair machine walking steps for 5 min and called it a wrap. Shortest workout I've done in probably 3 years. Everything felt good and pain free but I just feel like I didn't do nearly enough

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I doubt anyone is interested in the bitch ass workout I did yesterday or any of them for the next few weeks but I I'm still going to keep this log active for the heck of it and when I switch gears I'll make it more about logging workouts in my food cuz everything's pretty boring right now.

Legs and triceps yesterday was very unsatisfying lol.

Warmed up with 10 minutes on an elliptical machine followed by two light sets of 20 reps on hamstring curls and 2x20 leg extensions.

Moved on to squats, bar for 20, 135 for 20, 185 for 20 and I caught a muscle spasm or Charlie horse or something in my hamstring and that was it for legs.

For triceps I did a couple sets of over head rope ext and a couple sets of pressdowns.

Moved on to close grip bench, 95x20, 135x20, 185x17 rest about 10secconds and squeezed out 5 more

Did a set of 46 pushups and hopped on the stair machine walking steps for 5 min and called it a wrap. Shortest workout I've done in probably 3 years. Everything felt good and pain free but I just feel like I didn't do nearly enough
Could incorporate some supersets on isolations and auxiliary movements

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could incorporate some supersets on isolations and auxiliary movements
No I couldn't lol, my legs cramped up. It was literally all I could do 😂😂😂
Not quite the same for triceps but I got a pump super fast, and around the time I hit failure on close grip bench it felt like I would get a spasm if I kept going.

Was very strange. I wasn't tired, didn't feel weak, I just felt like I got a pump extremely quick and I felt like at that point if I contracted a muscle it would lock up.

I have a couple ideas of why and Im not super worried. I think slightly dehydrated combined with me trying to squeeze the fluck out of the muscle on every rep and hold it in the contraction point.

Really trying to get more out of less weight. Something similar happens if I try to flex or pose and I hold it too long. I think it's something that needs some practice

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You supplementing with magnesium? ~400mg per day has always been beneficial for cramping for me and the wife. Good for strength and wellness as well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You supplementing with magnesium? ~400mg per day has always been beneficial for cramping for me and the wife. Good for strength and wellness as well.
magnesium I swear by, ran out about 5 days back, yesterday got a sickening leg cramp whilst rutting, I’d just come up onto my haunches to put her feet on my chest as I neared climax (trust me, for her this is a great position, proper intense) and cramped like a mother. Had to straighten the leg and just kinda bounce up and down like I was made of wood to finish 😂

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't believe I have ever used a magnesium supplement. With the exception of ZMA but haven't even used that in years, il give it a shot

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't believe I have ever used a magnesium supplement. With the exception of ZMA but haven't even used that in years, il give it a shot
Nobody really gets enough from dietary intake, unless you’re eating like 4 servings of almonds a day or something bizarre. It’s probably the most important mineral to supplement in that regard; zinc is hugely important for immune health, endogenous testosterone, a rate-limiter for muscle growth even in the enhanced athlete, but you can still get enough from meat and such potentially.

About 400mg magnesium and 25mg zinc daily will generally benefit most folks. If you get any loose stool/runs, reduce the magnesium intake. Magnesium is also used at much higher doses as a laxative, in case you ever need to make weight.