Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Got my workout in early today, feel like a small bag of **** lol. I could have fallen asleep twords the end of my workout.
I haven't used a pre-work in a very, very, long time and it might be needed soon, and I'm use to having a good intraworkout and I'm not using that anymore.

Need to make some adjustments here and there to get some better workouts in.

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where my strength is at right now I could definitely use planet fitness on my heavy days lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
John Meadows always kept carbs in intra even cutting as long as possible. He said you should be prepared to suffer during the rest of the day, but periWO is the one time of the day that was sacred. The better workouts you can maintain, the better you retain lean mass.

Ie peel carbs from anywhere else to add them to the intra. Dextrose intra > carbs at dinner or breakfast.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
John Meadows always kept carbs in intra even cutting as long as possible. He said you should be prepared to suffer during the rest of the day, but periWO is the one time of the day that was sacred. The better workouts you can maintain, the better you retain lean mass.

Ie peel carbs from anywhere else to add them to the intra. Dextrose intra > carbs at dinner or breakfast.
I 100% agree with you, I used to do dextrose and eaas intra workout all the time and it was such a big help. And I think I'm going to throw that back in and peel some calories and carbs out of another meal. I'm so exhausted like drained of energy that I've been done with my workout for I don't know at least 45 minutes I'm not really paying attention to the clock but I've been sitting in my driveway in the car not moving. I literally just don't feel like getting out of the car and walking upstairs. And it's not physical energy it's mental energy I just don't mentally feel like doing anything lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The crazy part is I'm not hungry, it's not like my calories are super low to the point where I'm starving and irritable. I just have really low energy levels

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If hunger isn’t awful definitely move some carbs to intra from dinner or something.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If hunger isn’t awful definitely move some carbs to intra from dinner or something.
Ya it's not awful, I'm not suffering.
I mean chris bumstead was eating a week out from the Olympia eating the amount of calories Im eating right now.

I know he doesn't have nearly as much mass or the genetics I do but still, I'm sure I could cut my calories lower when it's needed🤣🤣🤣

Seriously tho, I'm sure what he was doing was suffering, so I'm definitely not suffering yet, at least not from a hunger standpoint

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve never heard anyone say 150mg of Trest is only as strong as 300 test - your boy is delusional. There are many crazy guys that have whacked 600mg of test per day. I have only ever heard of a single individual pin 150mg of Trest per day. Food for thought.

If it was me, I’d do the 375 test and LR3, rotate to 100 test 150 Trest after, and when I start clearing the Trest blast the anadrol. Or push that at the end of the trest blast if I felt I needed more horsepower sooner.
I have to say... I would pick anything over trest. I found it extremely weak and I realised why you won’t ever see a pro bodybuilder use it. Garbage...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have to say... I would pick anything over trest. I found it extremely weak and I realised why you won’t ever see a pro bodybuilder use it. Garbage...
Im usually on the same page with you but I gotta disagree here, with a few things.

Having used the TD trest with oral trest back in the day I have to say it was far from weak, and I know a few guys who have been using it on and off for a while now that have gotten much, much bigger. I gotta assume you just didn't respond to it for some reason. Now I know no e of us really know what pro bodybuilders are taking, and most of them will say that they don't use this stuff, and I'm sure a lot of them were most of them don't. But I have co e across a few podcasts and interviews in the past where some bigger name coaches talked about using trest with some of there guys that have a hard time putting on size because it's so good at putting on weight. And how the bigger guys don't use it because they don't need it, risk to reward ratio type thing. Aside from that I remember someone interviewing Mike Arnold and Mike saying he likes to use trest and I think anadrol together on some of his guys to really get them growing. I've even heard recently some of the YouTube coaches (vigorous Steve comes to mind) and ppl that always said no thank you they would never touch the stuff start to change there tune on trest.

Is trest necessary, no. There are safer and less risky things that do the job just fine. I'm trading mine away as I'm not looking for the sides. But weak is definitely not the word I would use for it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My phone keeps screwing up and skipping letters in the middle of words for some reason but I think it's readable lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotta find what works for you, right?

I have heard Guy Cisternino say on Fouad’s show he used it and grew well, but it was the one drug that really lowered his sexual function the way Deca or Tren never did, so he will never touch it again.

This also leads me to conclude that Guy probably doesn’t understand how to lower prolactin

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, 12 hour work day and 1hr and 20min in the gym. I knew I was talking a rest day tomorrow so I combine pull and legs and knocked a few sets out made it work, I think. The real highlight of the day is what just happened when I get home. It's too much to type again but I urg you to read my storytime post in my Apex alchemy eclipse log. If I no longer respond after tonight you will know why🙀🙀🙀

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Was it pretty estrogenic ? Lol

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok, 12 hour work day and 1hr and 20min in the gym. I knew I was talking a rest day tomorrow so I combine pull and legs and knocked a few sets out made it work, I think. The real highlight of the day is what just happened when I get home. It's too much to type again but I urg you to read my storytime post in my Apex alchemy eclipse log. If I no longer respond after tonight you will know why🙀🙀🙀
Brutal .... Back and legs

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Brutal .... Back and legs
Nothing too crazy, I did weighted pull ups, bent over db rows and db pullover for back

Stiff leg deadlift, squat and hack squat for legs, only 3 sets each

And a couple bicep exercises.

Strength is down a lot so I'm running out of gas pretty fast.

I've been thinking, I have decent strength on my first exercise and then everything goes downhill pretty quick lately. I'm contemplating going to a very simplistic bro split for a while. Only doing a few basic exercises and getting out the gym.

Something like chest and triceps

Medium incline bench- hit it as hard as I can
A cable fly- 3 or 4 sets really getting a good stretch and finish off chest with something high rep for like 2 sets of 20ish

Then a close grip bench or skull krushers- hit it as hard as I can and finish up with some high rep cable exercises.

I'm not feeling these 1-1.5 hour workouts right now.

I'd rather hit everything as hard as I can in about 30 to 45 minutes and finish up with some light cardio and get the heck out of there.

Same type of idea for everybody part

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Basically use 2 exercises per muscle group, 3 at the most. Do as much damage as I can while my strength is there and get out quick. I love my push pull leg style routines and my push with pull and legs together or vice versa. But hitting three or four muscle groups in the same workout is getting kind of counter productive at this point by the time I'm on the third muscle group I don't have anything left to give it

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also @Iwilleattuna
Seeing how your the token always shredded guy around here lol.

Did you ever have a period of time where your body weight is going down but you just feel like you're not getting any leaner, just smaller. Like the body fat is staying and the muscles going away instead. It's kind of how I feel right now. Scale weight is at a new low for the past probably 5 years, 185.2 but I feel like the mirror shows me the same thing since I've been 190 yet my strength is going down and my weight is going down.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im going to give myself 10-14 days before I step on the scale or take any new progress pics because I almost feel like I'm looking too hard to find something wrong if that makes sense

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also @Iwilleattuna
Seeing how your the token always shredded guy around here lol.

Did you ever have a period of time where your body weight is going down but you just feel like you're not getting any leaner, just smaller. Like the body fat is staying and the muscles going away instead. It's kind of how I feel right now. Scale weight is at a new low for the past probably 5 years, 185.2 but I feel like the mirror shows me the same thing since I've been 190 yet my strength is going down and my weight is going down.
That's the period where you're losing fat, but your muscles are flat. However, it's never been that bad for me. Try replacing some of your fat and protein intake with more carbs , but remain in your deficit diet. What's your salt intake like? I recommend pump enhancers and natural form of nitrates such as beet root(AMAZING) during this process. It doesn't look to be any muscle loss judging by your pics

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Your energy seems to be severely bad too. Have you thought about utilizing a dmha based pre ?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Your energy seems to be severely bad too. Have you thought about utilizing a dmha based pre ?
I haven't been using any pre-work out or stims outside my normal coffee consumption. As of lately it's 2-3 cups a day of coffee that has caffeine and about 3-4 cups of decaf coffee.

I honestly am starting to think I'm just kinda in a state of overtraining, not necessarily because of my gym time, bit more so because of life in combination with the gym, lots of work, lots of stress, crappy sleep ect. Thats kinda typical for my schedule I live on, but now I'm doing those things on 1000 less calories per day. And the seasonal depression type thing on top of it.

Today I took a rest day, took a hour nap between jobs and I had a refeed or cheat meal, whatever you wanna call it. Made myself Burger and fries for dinner and had a big Snickers ice cream bar lol.

Il pick up a pre workout this weekend and try to get some extra sleep but it's tuff right now, crunch time for jobs. My next day off from work is thanks giving and I'm working doubles for the next 5-6 days.

Hyde also mentioned swapping out some fat calories for carbs and adding more around my workouts.

I need to plan things out better I guess. I'm normally only focused on total calories and protein, maybe it's time I start paying more attention to my actual macros.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@Smont you need a coach. Even the very best coach can’t coach himself because you because your brain plays tricks on you as you mentionned above. You’ll change diet daily according to feelings and current emotions and mirror look, etc etc. It’s far far far far from
Optimal to try and diet by yourself even for the very best guys.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@Smont you need a coach. Even the very best coach can’t coach himself because you because your brain plays tricks on you as you mentionned above. You’ll change diet daily according to feelings and current emotions and mirror look, etc etc. It’s far far far far from
Funny you say that, and your correct. I do have a few friends that are trainers, one of them use to compete and is very good with the nutrition stuff. He's always willing to look at what I'm doing and pick it apart and when I need serious help with stuff he's often willing to trade me a little work for his time. Example would be a while back I asked him to rip apart my training and diet and give me a price to keep an eye on things week to week. He said I don't want your money but I need my daughter's room painted lol. I'm gonna give him a call tomorrow afternoon and shoot the **** and see what he says

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's also just good mentally to have someone to report to and hold you accountable

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't been using any pre-work out or stims outside my normal coffee consumption. As of lately it's 2-3 cups a day of coffee that has caffeine and about 3-4 cups of decaf coffee.

I honestly am starting to think I'm just kinda in a state of overtraining, not necessarily because of my gym time, bit more so because of life in combination with the gym, lots of work, lots of stress, crappy sleep ect. Thats kinda typical for my schedule I live on, but now I'm doing those things on 1000 less calories per day. And the seasonal depression type thing on top of it.

Today I took a rest day, took a hour nap between jobs and I had a refeed or cheat meal, whatever you wanna call it. Made myself Burger and fries for dinner and had a big Snickers ice cream bar lol.

Il pick up a pre workout this weekend and try to get some extra sleep but it's tuff right now, crunch time for jobs. My next day off from work is thanks giving and I'm working doubles for the next 5-6 days.

Hyde also mentioned swapping out some fat calories for carbs and adding more around my workouts.

I need to plan things out better I guess. I'm normally only focused on total calories and protein, maybe it's time I start paying more attention to my actual macros.
Good advice here. I look much better with a higher carb/low fat approach.

You should definitely learn to per iodize life with training at this point. If you need , split sessions in two and make sure you're handling stress appropriately.

You're not using any orals or toxic compounds?

I recommend convict by condemned labz for a pre . Trust me on beet root extract. add in 1-2 grams daily

No pics of the refeed meal bruh ?!

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The leaner one gets the easier it is to see daily changes of water fluctuation too. It really will mess with your head as it does to me. Smont is starting to get the shred body dysmorphia. "Man , I was dry and full yesterday, but now Im obese.. and flat" lmao

Last edited:
Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
smont , on a day you feel you look your best , post to the thread with a photo you feel this flatness. Tag me . Post general diet, life and training in each. Ill assess

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Good advice here. I look much better with a higher carb/low fat approach.

You should definitely learn to per iodize life with training at this point. If you need , split sessions in two and make sure you're handling stress appropriately.

You're not using any orals or toxic compounds?

I recommend convict by condemned labz for a pre . Trust me on beet root extract. add in 1-2 grams daily

No pics of the refeed meal bruh ?!
Nothing toxic, I'm not even on a cycle, just trt 150mg test cyp. In approximately 3 weeks I will be adding in some gear.

I have been contemplating on using 50mg of anadrol pre workout but have yet to do it. I kinda wanna go through this with as little as possible or nothing at all. That way next time around it will be 10x easier cutting on a cycle

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The leaner one gets the easier it is to see daily changes of water fluctuation too. It really will mess with your head as it does to me. Smont is starting to get the shred body dysmorphia. "Man , I was dry and full yesterday, but now Im obese.. and flat" lmao
That is extremely true. As soon as I got under 10% recently I would love myself one day and hate myself the next one. Absolute emotion roller coaster. Impossible to coach your own self in that situation lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I'm making some changes, I'm going to use a couple snacks spread out through the morning in place of a meal and having 1 meal.
So a protein bar that has about 30 G of carbs in it, I made a little bag of raw vegetables green beans carrots and cucumbers with 2 servings of hummus and I got a little 200 calorie Greek yogurt snack pack thing.
Then a small salad with grilled chicken and shredded low-fat cheddar cheese for lunch.
After work I'll do chicken and pasta for my pre-workout meal. Gym about 2 hours after that meal, and post workout I'm going to make myself some soft serve ice cream out of lactose free skim milk, protein powder, and frozen bananas.

Calories in protein for the day will be roughly the same but I'll have an extra 100 g of carbs

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Also going to talk to my buddy tonight and have him look over what I'm doing and see what he thinks. Shot him a message already and he told me to give him a call when I get out of work or send him an email.
He wants to know what my diet, workouts, and sleep has been like for the last 2 to 3 weeks

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One more thing I want to make note of, after having that burger fries and Snickers ice cream bar last night I woke up weighing 1 lb less lol, I got to stop weighing myself everyday

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Emailed the guy my info for the past 3 weeks, at first glance he's telling me to take a break for a couple days. Stay out the gym, add a meal in or eat a some what reasonable cheat meal a couple days in a row. Get back in the gym Saturday and cut volume and increase intensity doin 1 set to failure on a few exercises per body part. All things I kinda knew lol

He also noticed "which I did not" that about 2 weeks ago I went from about 20gm fiber per day to about 60gm per day and that's probably why my gut feels a little bloated and gassy lol.

He's gonna hit me back with a diet tomorrow that has a few changes. It sounds like he's thinking like @Iwilleattuna said, a little less protein and fat, more carbs around the workouts. Im actually taking in quite a large amount of fat from the dairy in my coffees and I wasn't accounting for those calories either. I had only counted my morning coffee. I mean I know I drink them, but I never added it into my total calories and I'm actually overestimating the calories from my vegetables too. Not that it's a large amount of calories but he's just trying to pinpoint everything I'm a little off on

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually, pretty much everything he's telling me is a combination of what tuna, Hyde and mathb have said.

So you guys are pretty good at picking my **** apart yourselves I guess👍

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Actually, pretty much everything he's telling me is a combination of what tuna, Hyde and mathb have said.

So you guys are pretty good at picking my **** apart yourselves I guess👍
Well, I am a coach , as well 😏. Glad we were all on point @Hyde @Mathb33 Are great members and I use their post/advice.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ok, breaks over, kinda. I'm reading through the plan he gave me and it's very simplistic from the meals to the workout. He's not giving me a workout plan because he knows I kind of like to do my own thing. But he's got guidelines.

Meals are basically protein and fat for meals 1 and 2.
Meal 3, intra workout and meal 4 have carbs.
Meal 5 is protein and fat.

For workouts hes got me basically doing warm ups and 1 set to failure per exercise and when the intensity dips off the workout is over. Told me to make a list of body parts starting with the weakest and ending with the strongest. Pair a weak muscle group with a strong muscle group. Train the weak one first and the strong second so that when the intensity dips it's on a stronger body part that needs less work and make my split based around that. And 30min cardio daily.

Pretty basic stuff.

I told him I plan to end the cut on Thanksgiving but I think I should go longer. And he agrees, if I want this to really prime my gaining phase then I should probably go another 4-5 weeks. Checking in with him every 5-7days.

Meal 1 is chicken breast Or pork tenderloin and eggs
Meal 2 is a mixed green salad with chicken or pork tenderloin and my Greek yogurt dressing, he has me ditching all the raw high fiber veggies and hummus I been eating.
Meal 3 is chicken or egg whites with rice.
Intra he's giving me a option, basically if I think I'm gonna need it I throw in 30-50gm carbs and some eaa's, this is probably only going to be on the days that involve legs or back.
Meal 4 option of chicken and rice or he said if I wanna do my low-fat protein ice cream still then this is where he wants it.
Meal 5 is beef and eggs.

Any thoughts???

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He also eliminated the half and half from my diet🤬🤬🤬

Told me drink the coffee black or switch to green teas

Iwilleattuna

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Ok, breaks over, kinda. I'm reading through the plan he gave me and it's very simplistic from the meals to the workout. He's not giving me a workout plan because he knows I kind of like to do my own thing. But he's got guidelines.

Meals are basically protein and fat for meals 1 and 2.
Meal 3, intra workout and meal 4 have carbs.
Meal 5 is protein and fat.

For workouts hes got me basically doing warm ups and 1 set to failure per exercise and when the intensity dips off the workout is over. Told me to make a list of body parts starting with the weakest and ending with the strongest. Pair a weak muscle group with a strong muscle group. Train the weak one first and the strong second so that when the intensity dips it's on a stronger body part that needs less work and make my split based around that. And 30min cardio daily.

Pretty basic stuff.

I told him I plan to end the cut on Thanksgiving but I think I should go longer. And he agrees, if I want this to really prime my gaining phase then I should probably go another 4-5 weeks. Checking in with him every 5-7days.

Meal 1 is chicken breast Or pork tenderloin and eggs
Meal 2 is a mixed green salad with chicken or pork tenderloin and my Greek yogurt dressing, he has me ditching all the raw high fiber veggies and hummus I been eating.
Meal 3 is chicken or egg whites with rice.
Intra he's giving me a option, basically if I think I'm gonna need it I throw in 30-50gm carbs and some eaa's, this is probably only going to be on the days that involve legs or back.
Meal 4 option of chicken and rice or he said if I wanna do my low-fat protein ice cream still then this is where he wants it.
Meal 5 is beef and eggs.

Any thoughts???
If it was me, I'd do

Meal 1,2,3 All mainly protein and some fat from whole eggs.
Intra workout 15 - 20 grams of carbs , but to be honest, I'd save all the carbs for post workout. You could use glycerin insteead which is less impactful and will give you a crazy pump. Or just save the carbs for post. Glycerin from walmart is cheap and basically the same as glycerol
Meals 4,5,6 Protein and carbs

Would not cut out fibrous veggies what so ever , stick to green bean, green pepper , spinach and cucumber

Wake up - Black coffee
Cardio for half of your total. Finish the other half post workout

Meal 1 - Chicken , whole eggs and egg whites
Meal 2 - Fish , whole eggs and spinach
Meal 3 - Pre workout meal - Fish, serving of mct oil and egg whites w/ ton of salt
Pre workout - Take your pre w/ 2 grams of beet root extract
Intra - EAA's , creatine, salt, glutamine and 1-2 tbls of glycerin w/ a ton of water
Post workout - Pin you l carnitine before you consume the beginning of the carbohydrates.
Meal 4 - Cream of rice and whey isolate
Meal 5 - Yam, chicken breast and a salad with cucumber, pepper, green bean etc
Meal 6 - Some Strawberry , quick oats and egg whites

You'd just account for your total cals you're consuming and macros. He hasn't really reduced the fat to replace with carbs.