Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm starting this log to take place of my log book I usually keep. Between my phone logbook and my paper book at home I'm constantly having to transfer things back and forth and I'm going to see if this makes it easier.

I'm doing my own modified pull/push/legs

I'm also logging Apex alchemy eclipse at the moment so go check that out, but Im cutting till thanksgiving and transition into a bulk from there lasting 3-4months long.

My current goals are cutting bf.
Working on lat and rear delt activation
And strengthening my legs back to a solid point through specific leg exercises.

After Thanksgiving if I'm healthy and pain free the goal will be adding overall size everywhere but legs will still be a priority

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In! Welcome in the cut/prep joy sir. I’m here too
I'm only going 5 weeks in the cut so it shouldn't be too painful lol. But after my winter bulk I will be cutting again for a longer 12-16 weeks trying to get as shredded as i feel is maintainable. Hopefully 8% .

For the time being I'm about 12 and I'd like to be 9-10 before the bulk

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I'm very strong on pulling movements but I don't seem to get much back width, so I've picked a few exercises I really feel the lats working and cut the weight to about 1/2 to 1/4 of what I would normally use so I can focus on stretching and contracting every rep.

Lat pulldown is done sitting sideways doing 1 arm at a time. Db rows are chest supported on a incline bench, a few cable and machine exercises. And a odd db row variation that hits mostly rear delts and upper back/traps.

So I don't really know what some of these exercises are called so I made my own names up lol. So you might see some odd sounding stuff on pull day.

Push day is all fairly typical stuff

Leg day is select few exercises that I find pain free.

Will outline the workouts later today

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm only going 5 weeks in the cut so it shouldn't be too painful lol. But after my winter bulk I will be cutting again for a longer 12-16 weeks trying to get as shredded as i feel is maintainable. Hopefully 8% .

For the time being I'm about 12 and I'd like to be 9-10 before the bulk
Oh yeah 5 weeks should be easy haha. Still..!! Gotta work :)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh yeah 5 weeks should be easy haha. Still..!! Gotta work :)
I've been pretty much in maintenance mode with a couple short mini cuts over the past several months. So I'm at a comfortable place but I could still use to loose a little bit more bodyfat. Even tho my abs are visible I hold the last layer of flab right at my waist/ bellybutton area.

I've never quite understood why that area holds fat so much longer. Right below that line I have the v-taper and I can see veins, I have almost no body fat on my arms and shoulders and I've got cuts all through my delts, veins in my upper chest and neck. But that spare tire area stays till the very end, I don't think I've gotten completely rid of it since I was a teenager lol

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've been pretty much in maintenance mode with a couple short mini cuts over the past several months. So I'm at a comfortable place but I could still use to loose a little bit more bodyfat. Even tho my abs are visible I hold the last layer of flab right at my waist/ bellybutton area.

I've never quite understood why that area holds fat so much longer. Right below that line I have the v-taper and I can see veins, I have almost no body fat on my arms and shoulders and I've got cuts all through my delts, veins in my upper chest and neck. But that spare tire area stays till the very end, I don't think I've gotten completely rid of it since I was a teenager lol
Because like me that’s where you hold your fat. I can be 10-11% and still have some there... I’m going below right now as we’re in prep and it’s disappearing! Just gotta dig deeper haha! A friend of mine loses it first and looks shredded from the stomach but his back and legs hold all the fat... Idk what’s better tbh.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Because like me that’s where you hold your fat. I can be 10-11% and still have some there... I’m going below right now as we’re in prep and it’s disappearing! Just gotta dig deeper haha! A friend of mine loses it first and looks shredded from the stomach but his back and legs hold all the fat... Idk what’s better tbh.
The only thing I think is benificial to the abs holding fat longest, is if your competing and your abs are peeled you know everything else is too.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only thing I think is benificial to the abs holding fat longest, is if your competing and your abs are peeled you know everything else is too.
And if you’re not competing... well most of the time you’re not naked so you’ll look way more lean than you actually are in t shirt or in stringer :;)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
And if you’re not competing... well most of the time you’re not naked so you’ll look way more lean than you actually are in t shirt or in stringer :;)
Ya exactly, I look awesome in a tank top, because of the veins and cuts in my shoulders you automatically have to assume there's a nice 6 pack underneath that's just as defined lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wednesday 10/21/21 push

2 rotator cuff exercises 5x21,21
Flat bench 290x6, 315x3 strip set 225x12 (2min rest)
High incline bench 225x 3 sets of 8 (2min)
Cable fly 35.5per side x 3 sets of 12 (1min)
*DB shoulder press 60's x 9,12,12 (not sure what happened here I got 13-15 reps per set last time)
DB side laterals 27.5's 4 sets of 10 (30sec)
*Was supposed to do cable upright row I forgot🤦
Rope pressdown variation 42.5x15, 50x12 drop set 25x12
Db skull krushers superset with CGB 35's x8+8 for 3 sets
Machine dip 130 for 3 sets of 25 (15sec rest)

I'm working out mostly 2 days on 1 day off, I almost never lift on Fridays tho so sometimes I will do 3 days in a row before Friday depending on how the schedule looks

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You’re leaner than I thought, good job. Most people on this forum that claim being lean are 15-18% BF. You’re fairly lean already tbh and you’re right 5-6 weeks or cut should have you well into single digit if done correctly! Looking good man. Your upper seems more impressive than I thought. Keep it up!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’re leaner than I thought, good job. Most people on this forum that claim being lean are 15-18% BF. You’re fairly lean already tbh and you’re right 5-6 weeks or cut should have you well into single digit if done correctly! Looking good man. Your upper seems more impressive than I thought. Keep it up!
Thank you, My legs suck tho lol, mostly my quads. there not tiny but small in comparison by a lot. in the past 6 years I've broke 1 ankle, sprained the other multiple times and broke a bone in that foot, pulled my groin and hamstring 2 summers in a row playing baseball and a couple minor knee injuries. I'm just now trying serious to fix them.

In limited to range of motion currently because of my left knee but I can box squat, leg press, a hack squat variation all fairly heavy and light leg extensions. I'm sticking with those for the next 5 weeks to let them catch up a little and then il work more hamstring stuff in the mix.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think I'm being a little too agressive with my cut, weight is dropping faster then planned 188.6 this morning. But my strength is good so I'm leaving it for now.

Leg day + a little ab work and a mini hike. When I say hike I'm not talking anything crazy, just going to walk a couple trails, 20-30min

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today was a total **** show, got called to a job while I was getting ready to make breakfast, had to skip breakfast, didn't have time to pack a lunch. Next thing I know it's 5pm, definitely wasn't going to do leg day after a 16 hour fast other then coffee.

So, no gym today.
Tomorrow I will be combining legs with pull day, might split it over two sessions or might do it all at once.

In the meantime I put this together for dinner + some rice that's not in the picture.

Seeing how I barely ate anything today and I'm losing weight super fast anyways, I'm taking the kids out for a nice dessert and starting fresh tomorrow

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I semi salvaged the diet today, had a second meal of chicken and rice with stir fry veggies. Then a small ice cream and a shake with 2 scoops of protein. I got 3/4 of my calories and protein for the day. I feel a little better with that vs 1 meal and a small ice cream.

I guess if your gonna mess up the diet when cutting it's better to have under ate then it is to cheat and pig out. Tomorrow morning judging by my weight I might add a extra meal and go back to the exact plan monday

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
not gonna lie, that crossed my mind as well
I'm just trying to be critical of myself and I'm talking about fat from a bodybuilder type standpoint. My bodybuilding standards I would be considered fat, general public would probably consider me pretty lean.

But I'm doing all this for the bigger picture, I'm on the boards talking about what I know and I don't feel like I look the part. I know to the general public and the average Joe schmo in the gym thinks I look lean and muscular, but anybody who's really a bodybuilder would look at me and say I'm small and not that lean.

I know what's capable, and I know how much effort I have gave over the past 2 years and I would say I only do about 50% of what I could have been doing. If anyone remembers what I look like 2 years ago when I started getting back on the sauce vs now I've made some pretty drastic improvements only giving it about 50% of what I could. So I know I'm capable of much more.

When my cycle starts it's probably going to be a very long one, every 12 weeks if blood work looks good I'm going another 12 weeks. This could potentially be a 6 month long cycle Or longer "if" health markers stay reasonable and this will be my big push twords looking more like a actual bodybuilder vs. a guy in good shape

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So as expected I woke up very light today.
187.5lbs

Ditched my oatmeal and protein powder for some of my kids leftover pizza with some scrambled eggs on top basically making a breakfast pizza.

Then continue about my normal meals for the day.

I'm making a homemade chicken soup from some leftover rotisserie carcasses. And well that's on the stove I'm off to the gym to do a combined legs + pull workout.

I'm going to do my best to make it fun. I'm going to pick two of my regular leg exercises two of my regular back exercises and everything else will be whatever I want today. Tomorrow will be a rest day and recovery day then I'll go back to the normal. Push on Tuesday, legs on Wednesday, pull on Thursday and Friday off

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Warm ups
Pull ups superset/leg raises 5 each x 3 sets
Face pulls superset /air squats 12 each x3

Working sets
Single arm pulldowns 70x8,8
Chest supported db row 65'x10,10,12
Chest supported machine row 250x6,6
Box squat 315x6 365x3 strip to 135 rock bottom x17
Machine leg press 250x12,12,12
Calve press 100x15,15,16
Front hammer curl 40's x 8,8
Incline db curl 25's x10,11
Machine preacher curl 125x6 110x12 95x14

Unfortunately I think I only came close to failure on box squats preacher curl.

Not my greatest workout

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Morning weight 187.2

Weight is still dropping excessively fast but I'm sticking with it because my energy is fine and my strength doesn't seem to be suffering much if any at all, in fact I feel like I'm still the same strength or stronger on my pressing movements.

Today is push day.

@Hyde
I don't know if you'll remember or not but when I was trying to get ready for my max bench a year or two ago I asked you about a bench press program and it was what I ended up doing. It was a pretty hard program but I had good results with it but I can't for the life of me remember the name. Do you have any idea what it was?

I want to use that for my push days once I bump my calories back up the end of November.

I track everything I do but for some reason I can't find the notebook I used during that training period

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Cube Predator template by Brandon Lily.

6-week bench specialization program with an intense focus on hypertrophy. Do not run that program unless you have the calories to support the concurrent growth; I have strained my pec on it getting greedy on an AMRAP trying to run it back to back for 12 weeks. If you are gaining a little weight and sticking to it though, it will definitely work.

I think it’s on JTS strength as an article.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Cube Predator template by Brandon Lily.

6-week bench specialization program with an intense focus on hypertrophy. Do not run that program unless you have the calories to support the concurrent growth; I have strained my pec on it getting greedy on an AMRAP trying to run it back to back for 12 weeks. If you are gaining a little weight and sticking to it though, it will definitely work.

I think it’s on JTS strength as an article.
Yep that's it, and yes I'm waiting until I'm back to a large surplus of calories. I had amazing strength games on that program and got bigger too, but as I'm sure you recall I got too big and fat and sloppy lol. But at the same time all that food is probably why I had such good luck with that program

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Towards the end of that program I got 245 on bench for 17 or 18 reps. I remember hitting rep 12 and being like oh my God I think I can get 20.

I actually have something similar planned today for bench, working up to a set of three and then backing off to 225 for max reps. But I'll be working out by myself so I'm probably going to stop two or three reps short of failure take a 30-second rest and squeeze out a couple more

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rough day and crappy weather here. Managed to get all my meals in accordingly and finally off to the gym for push day.

Honestly I'm exhausted, I'm going to do my warm ups and see how the weights feel. If I feel off I'm going to put the weights down, do 20min on the stairs and come back fresh in the morning. I don't want no half ass workout after Sundays mediocre performance.

Training at night is a bitch after a 13 hour work day, cooking dinner and filling out paperwork for a hour.

Dinner was good as always tho.

Habanero teriyaki big chicken breast bites (I got to come up with a simpler name for that lol)

Yellow rice and a Spanish style bean sauce with some added peppers and green onions

Attachments

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Oh, something I wanted to run by you guys, I came across a good deal on turanibol, If I buy in bulk I can get 500x10mg for about $250, I used it before way way way way way back, but I never did any blood work on it.

How's tbol on cholesterol and heart health. I see ppl using it 8-12 weeks, 12 being extreme cases. But I'm curious if anyone has ever had blood work done on tbol and if so was there anything noteworthy to look out for. I know it's supposed to be one of the more mild compounds but I just for the life of me can't remember how I felt on it, all my memories of that time take me straight to Halodrol cycles

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, something I wanted to run by you guys, I came across a good deal on turanibol, If I buy in bulk I can get 500x10mg for about $250, I used it before way way way way way back, but I never did any blood work on it.

How's tbol on cholesterol and heart health. I see ppl using it 8-12 weeks, 12 being extreme cases. But I'm curious if anyone has ever had blood work done on tbol and if so was there anything noteworthy to look out for. I know it's supposed to be one of the more mild compounds but I just for the life of me can't remember how I felt on it, all my memories of that time take me straight to Halodrol cycles
Used Tbol for about 14 weeks at 30mg/day. I did not have any issues with my cholesterol. But, my liver enzymes were a bit above the range. Added Pyclogenol and I was able to manage it well.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Used Tbol for about 14 weeks at 30mg/day. I did not have any issues with my cholesterol. But, my liver enzymes were a bit above the range. Added Pyclogenol and I was able to manage it well.
Good to hear, I'm not too worried about the liver, the heart is my major concern. I also probably would only go 6-8 weeks with it too.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Call them Bang Bang Chickenbites.

Bro that’s $2.50/50mg; that is not a good deal. Maybe if it’s pharm tbol and you were a chick so you need the small sizing, but a man is going to want at least 40mg by all accounts. 80mg not uncommon.

I haven’t used it. But I have used Halodrol and Methylclostebol both twice and don’t hear Tbol as being drastically different for a man, in the realm of bodybuilding. Now athletic performance doping, that’s a different topic not applicable here.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Call them Bang Bang Chickenbites.

Bro that’s $2.50/50mg; that is not a good deal. Maybe if it’s pharm tbol and you were a chick so you need the small sizing, but a man is going to want at least 40mg by all accounts. 80mg not uncommon.

I haven’t used it. But I have used Halodrol and Methylclostebol both twice and don’t hear Tbol as being drastically different for a man, in the realm of bodybuilding. Now athletic performance doping, that’s a different topic not applicable here.
I made on that pricing because when you buy 500 you get a hundred free, let me go back and double check with the final cost is because I had it priced versus other suppliers it was the lowest one I found

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It's 600x10mg for $270, I guess it's not that great. Put in comparison to everyone else's prices that I trust it's still the cheapest I think.

I can get a ton of superdrawal or anadrol for really cheap but the problem is can't use those for as long.

And thinking about this logically with a health aspect in mind it might be worth it to just spend a couple extra bucks and just go straight test and buy some GH.

400-500mg of test and 2iu of gh should be more than enough to get a bulk started and maybe after 4 to 6 weeks I can pick something else up to throw in the mix

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm not one of those people that's worried about specific compounds for bulking or cutting, my main concern is using things that don't give me side effects or have a huge impact negatively on my blood work / health / the way that I feel.

Andadrol actually is one of those things that doesn't seem to screw me up that bad, it doesn't mess with my appetite or even destroy my blood work.

But I still know it's not smart to use that for extended periods of time.

Maybe I should just start off by bumping my testosterone up and worry about the rest later

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GH would definitely be the smarter health play over orals. Just buy a blood glucose monitor to keep tabs on that (they’re like $15; all the money is in the testing strips lol).

That being said, if Anadrol isn’t messing up your bloodwork & bp is controlled on it then you are good to roll with it. Don’t overcomplicate it. It is designed to be used for months if necessary, medically. Just make sure you are pulling blood every 6-8 weeks.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
GH would definitely be the smarter health play over orals. Just buy a blood glucose monitor to keep tabs on that (they’re like $15; all the money is in the testing strips lol).

That being said, if Anadrol isn’t messing up your bloodwork & bp is controlled on it then you are good to roll with it. Don’t overcomplicate it. It is designed to be used for months if necessary, medically. Just make sure you are pulling blood every 6-8 weeks.
Overcomplicating things is what I do best lol.

Actually this is just my normal way of going about things, I usually will spend 4-5 weeks weighing my options and taking multiple things into consideration while bouncing ideas. But I always end up starting with the simplest approach and building off of it. In this case that would be adding more testosterone and playing it as I go.

But the process of weighing my options usually gets me to buy multiple things so I can have a bunch of stuff at my disposal to put in play when the time is right

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Forgot To fill in lasts night's workout, it wasn't what I planned.
On the way out the door my friend texted me and asked if I wanted to go to planet fitness with him. I said no but I went anyway.

Note to self, flat benching in the Smith machine is not for me.

Worked up to 3 plates a side, planned on doing 6-8 reps but on the first rep something felt like it was gonna rip, dropped to 2 plates and did a couple but it still felt weird. Dropped to 1 plate and did 40 something reps just pumping blood till I couldn't move my arms lol.

Did a couple sets of light cable flys and decided to stop with chest for the day
Shoulders and triceps, working sets
Db shoulder press 60's for 16 failure
Side laterals 35's for 9 + 2 cheat reps
Cable upright row with handles 74x16 still had one or two in the tank.
Rope press down variation
52.5x12,12,12dropset 27.5x11 failure
Db skull krushers superset with CGB
40's x8/8, 8/8, 8/5 failure
Finished off with two sets of regular cable press Downs for 20 reps.

My right Peck where it inserts into my shoulder feels a little off today, and my left shoulder feels a little off as well but more like I slept on it wrong.

Anyways I'll be more careful next time lesson learned. The left shoulder pain from sleeping wrong on it comes and goes all the time I have a hard time finding positions to sleep in that don't aggravate it but it rarely if ever negatively impacts my strength it just feels like a nagging pain throughout the day.

I'm supposed to do legs and abs tonight but because my shoulders feel off I think I'm going to give it a rest as box squats are my main exercise for legs right now and I don't want to have a crappy leg workout. Instead I'm going to do some meal prepping, alternate some ice and hot packs on my shoulder areas and get back at it tomorrow.

I also removed intra workout carbs last night and I will not be using them from this point out till probably the end of this cut.

I waited at 188 lb today and I'm not going to weigh myself again till Sunday and will only weigh in on Sundays from that point till Thanksgiving

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's 600x10mg for $270, I guess it's not that great. Put in comparison to everyone else's prices that I trust it's still the cheapest I think.

I can get a ton of superdrawal or anadrol for really cheap but the problem is can't use those for as long.

And thinking about this logically with a health aspect in mind it might be worth it to just spend a couple extra bucks and just go straight test and buy some GH.

400-500mg of test and 2iu of gh should be more than enough to get a bulk started and maybe after 4 to 6 weeks I can pick something else up to throw in the mix
tbh I ran 100mg adrol for 20 weeks my last bulk and kept all the markers in range or only marginally out.

granted I take every supplement known to man but I was surprised at how well tolerated it was (even bp started sensible - I monitored almost daily)

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
tbh I ran 100mg adrol for 20 weeks my last bulk and kept all the markers in range or only marginally out.

granted I take every supplement known to man but I was surprised at how well tolerated it was (even bp started sensible - I monitored almost daily)
Ive ran 50 per day

50+ a extra 50 pre workout on training days

And 75-100 on training days only.

Off the top of my head that's the three ways I can remember using it.

None of which seem to cause me any problems.

It's funny because my blood pressure naturally runs a little high and you would think the anadrol would spike it up but it doesn't. I have a cuff and I monitor mine almost daily as well.

My buddy was suggesting that I use the testosterone 50mg daily and Carnitine pre workout and throw in 50mcg of igf-lr3 pre workout on training days, run that for a couple weeks, then bump test to 75 daily and throw in 75 anadrol daily and ride that out for 4 more weeks, do bloods and worry about the rest after.

Lr3 was on my experiment todo list so I kinda like that idea.but Il probably end up raising test as high as I can without needing a anti estrogen.

This will ultimately be a decision I make last minute but I think the low dose of test with the carn and igf will be definite. Igf at 50mcg is pretty cheap in comparison to gh so why not give it a try