Sikdogg's Weightloss Log

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
OK bro's, here's my log.

I started with Bobo last week but wanted to take the first week to settle in and get a feel for the diet and workout routine before posting my log. So far so good, the diet isn't half bad and is very doable. I think that i can definitely stay on this for the next 8 weeks.

The workout isn't too far off from what i've done in the past, just the way he breaks up the bodyparts is what's most different. What's most different is the timing as he wants a much slower cadence than what i'm accustomed to. It's amazing how much less weight you are able to lift once youo slow down the reps. Almost disappointing, but i'm willing to give it an honest try.

I visited my local Jr. College's wellness center and got a bodyfat test done (hydrostatic weighing). Wow, that was disappointing... I realize that i've put on more weight than usual but i'm at a whopping 21% bodyfat. ****, I feel like an f'ing cow. I'm usually around 17-18% at 185lbs and can see the biginnings of a six-pack. That's all gone now...

Here's my stats:

Height: 5'-10"
Weight: 201lbs
BF: 21%

If i can get my weight to the low 180's and BF in the low teens, i'll be forever grateful to Bobo. I'm not looking to do any shows or anything, just want to look lean and hard. Hey Bobo, i think you got your work cut out for you here... maybe i should rephrase that to say i have my work cut out for me.

Here's my before pics...

Gotta run, time to hit chest.

Attachments

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
180's and teens in bf%? No problem! I'll get you there bro, just follow out the plan and let nature takes it course.

Good job of getting the pics up. Now we can really assess progress as you go along.

size

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if Bobo recommends it or not, but I think a topical 7oxo may be a good product for your.

Good luck reaching your goals.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Update...

Sorry Bobo for not posting more often, i'll definitely try to post updates a couple of time each week. Here goes...

It's been about two weeks since my last post and at first ALL my lift were down and the diet was pretty satisfying. I felt somewhat full most of the time. I've been sticking to the workout and my lifts are continuously increasing. Not a whole lot, but it is definitely going up. I'm adding about 5lbs (two 2.5lbs plates) each week to my lifts. I take extra effort to keep the cadence of my lifts to 3 (sec) down and 2 (sec) up. My biggest struggle with the workout is that cardio... god I HATE CARDIO. i have to really push myself to finish. Would it be OK to do a power walk/slow jog instead of machine work for cardio?? So far so good...

I struggled with the diet often times due to work. There were some days where i practically lived at work and i would run out of food and had to go out to get something quick. That was last week and this week is looking good. One thing i'm noticing is that i'm starting to feel more hungry than i did the first couple of weeks. I'm not starving by any stretch, it's just that about an hour after eating i start to feel hungry again.

I weighed myself this weekend and glad to say that i'm at about 195-196lbs. That's a loss of about 5-6lbs. My wife commented that my belly is looking smaller, yay. Everything is going according to Bobo's masterplan.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Slow and steady. Thats what we want. Everything sounds good.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
I haven't stepped on the scale this week but the diet and workouts are starting to pay off. My wife keeps telling me that i look like i'm getting bigger/leaner and alot of bros at the gym are starting to complement me on my delts. I'm also seeing alot of striations on my delts as i'm doing my workout. WooHoo, delts have always been weak, but Bobo's gonna make them my strong parts.

Lifts continue to go up but slower as i'm starting to take less rest time between sets to get my heartrate up and really sweat. I used to take 2-3 minutes between sets and now i've dropped that down to about a minute. In doing this, i have to really kick up the intensity level a notch. The whole time weakness creeps into my head... is this really necessary? or It's too hard, don't you just want to call it quits for the day?? Everyday my will says HELL YES it's necessary and HELL NO i'm not quiting.

Diet was 90-95% good for the week, had alot if work crap to do and one less day to complete everything but i stuck with the program as best i could. It gets hard at times as i used to go out for lunch with my buddies all the time and now i keep telling them no. Most of them have some weight to lose but think that drinking diet soda with their lunch is their ticket to becoming a lean mean fighting machine. Everybody wants to lose weight but nobody wants to work for it... means i eat lunch alone in my office alot. Maybe after i complete my transformation they'll rethink their position and become FLA clients.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Not sure if Bobo recommends it or not, but I think a topical 7oxo may be a good product for your.

Good luck reaching your goals.
Thanks for the tip... if Bobo recommends it then i'll definitely try it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Be careful when taking less time between sets. The longer your diet, the more negative effects that will have. I would stay with the recommeded times as that will have the best overall effects over time. You don't want your heartrate to rise to much as that will induce more catabolic activity and you want to keep that to a minimum. You actually burn more fat increasing your BMR throughout the day than the little amount of time you raise your heartrate during exercise. Resistance traiing releases stored triglycerides while low intensity cardio oxidizes them. Once you change things around and increasing your heartrate you can interrupt that activity and it also changes your overall nutrient needs. So please stay within those time peroids because down the road you will need it.

All in all it sounds your chugging along and your attitude sounds great. Eating lunch alone is a common thing so when your sitting there by yourself, know there are others around the country doing the saem thing, myself included ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
UPDATE!

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Workouts are going well. My lifts aren't going up as fast as before but still going up. On some lifts where i'm not able to add more weight, i try to add a couple of reps. My weight seems to be holding at ~192lbs, but i'm told by bros at the gym that i'm looking bigger so maybe i'm putting on a little mass. It's hard for me to tell and usually rely on other's opinions. I'll see if i have time this weekend to take a couple of update pics.

Diet is getting easier, it's become routine now... 1st meal at 7:30AM, 2nd meal at 11AM, 3rd at 3PM, bla bla bla. Every now and then i work late and is screws up my meal plan for the evening but for the most part i'm just chugging along. I still feel a little hungry about an hour after a meal but don't really notice it much anymore.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Well, your diet has changed ;)

Keep an eye on strewnght in the next week or two. If it stays the same, then its perfect. If it goes up, your lucky :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Nope, the opposite :D

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Weighed myself this weekend and i'm at 188-189lbs and the wifey is liking what she sees...

The change in diet was very minimal so i don't feel more deprived. Last week wasn't very good for me workout wise as work had really gotten int the way. This week i should be able to give 110% and see where i am.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Sounds good sikdogg. Time to get back on track :D

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Yup, i'm starting to feel workout withdrawls and need my fix.