Shoulder possibly re-torn

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I need some opinions guys,
My tendons are too long in both my shoulders, primarily my right, so they dislocate pretty easily. Anyways, I tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder in 2013. I never got it repaired. Then today, I was at work drilling into an overhead joist with a heavy duty hammer drill (weighs about 12 lb's). So it caught on a nail on the board and pulled my right arm across past my left shoulder in an instant. Wet pop, instant dislocation. I got it back into place but it still feels wrong.

Dislocating my shoulder isn't a big deal considering I've done it around 100+ times since I was a kid. But I know what it feels like to tear the rotator cuff. I know I should go get an MRI on it but I really don't want to have a bill after going to the e.r.

What do you guys think? Should I get it checked out or just ice it and see how it goes?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Id ice it and give a couple days rest then reaccess

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
That's what I did. It's still a little sore but manageable.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
That's what I did. It's still a little sore but manageable.
I dont have to tell you that even some pretty good tendonitis can cripple you for a while. Youll know in time.

I just had shoulder surgery. A day b4 surgery i was still lifting full strength but those spurs had to come out b4 any further damage. I was living on cort injection. I was lucky i only had a 20% tear on the supraspinatus

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I dont have to tell you that even some pretty good tendonitis can cripple you for a while. Youll know in time.

I just had shoulder surgery. A day b4 surgery i was still lifting full strength but those spurs had to come out b4 any further damage. I was living on cort injection. I was lucky i only had a 20% tear on the supraspinatus
Ouch. Any shoulder pain can stop someone lol.