SHIN SPLINTS

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody have experience with shin splints and tips on how to avoid it and aid the healing process?
I've had mine for close to 6 months now. Stop running about a month ago and they are getting better. But I can still feel it when I step in a particular way.
It's very very painful and super annoying.

BTW, it's a bone type pain coming from the anterior tibia.
I've replaced my running shoes and I am taking bone health supplements.

I also notice that I Supinate when I run. And I'm not sure how to fix this either.

I've done long bouts of running in the past (distance, speed, and consistency) and never had this problem.

I suspect I purchased some shoes that were to small and I jumped up my running to quick, with improper form and a combination of the above it caused the problem.

Issue is, they aren't going away.
What do you guys think ?

Just Jake

Awards
I’ve only had shin splints once and I ran most days of the week for over a decade. One track star on our team told me I need to run up on my toes, and since I was in high school at the time and he was really something I took his word for it. Couple of weeks later running up on my toes I was plagued with shin splints. Tried reducing volume and they just wouldn’t go away. Switched back to running normal and they went away over the next probably 2-3 weeks with reduced running volume and then went back to normal with no issues ever again. In retrospect I COMPLETELY blame the way I was running. So if you are finding your feet to be supinated during running that very well could be the issue, if you can fix the position then that should at least help the problem.

Just Jake

Awards
I’ve only had shin splints once and I ran most days of the week for over a decade. One track star on our team told me I need to run up on my toes, and since I was in high school at the time and he was really something I took his word for it. Couple of weeks later running up on my toes I was plagued with shin splints. Tried reducing volume and they just wouldn’t go away. Switched back to running normal and they went away over the next probably 2-3 weeks with reduced running volume and then went back to normal with no issues ever again. In retrospect I COMPLETELY blame the way I was running. So if you are finding your feet to be supinated during running that very well could be the issue, if you can fix the position then that should at least help the problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 18
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0
KingAnt Injury / Rehab 0