SH!T - Chicken pox

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I can't believe it took 35 years for me to catch chicken pox. What the hell, this is horrible :(

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
:( I bet... I got it at seventeen and it drove me nuts.

Tha worst part was when they started to rupture and puss, it feels like you constantly are dirty no matter how many showers you take.

I seriously wish I could help you. It was torture and I'd imagine worse for you.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Might I ask what the doc prescribed for that?

Coincidentally, after my roommate returned after a summer internship, he left an empty bottle of zovirax, aka acyclovir, in the bathroom trash. It was a 5 day course. This drug, at the dosage and duration is only used to treat adult chicken pox and herpes outbreaks. I thought, since he is 30, he must have herpes....... But now that I've seen this thread I'm wondering if he had chicken pox while he was gone all summer.

Who knows?.......

Anyways, I hope you get it over and done with as fast and easy as possible. Best wishes.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
This is a bad age to get it also. Seems when you are older and come down with it, the worse the symptoms are. Sometimes hospitalization is required. Then...sterility can occur well. Make sure to rest and get plenty of fluids, dude.

Hope this blows over without any problems. Best wishes bro...

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This scares the hell out of me. I hear all the horror stories of guys getting the pox in their thirties and think - "Did I ever have the chicken pox?" Now, my best friend had them, my sister had them, but I never had them. So, am I one of the naturally immune, or am I doomed to get the pox at an advanced age????

Anyway, enough of my rant. Best of luck to you bro, hope it isn't that rough. Keep us updated.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, that's rough. My mom got it in her 30's and it wrecked her for several weeks.

I'd dose Lysine heavily to help your skin repair itself. It works pretty well for healing cold sores fast so who knows?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
be very careful.. after the chicken pox dies down, you end up with a better chance of having shingles later in life.. and those things are pain to the nth degree

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the thoughts and info guys, it seems to get worse by the hour. I had a bunch on my chest and shoulders this morning and a couple on my scalp. Now it is over my ENTIRE body. Palms, soles of my feet, eyelids, lol.

The doc gave me some valtrex for the next five days - I think that is for viral outbreaks like genital herpes and herpes simplex. I am a little worried tonight because the docs said that I will have a high chance of getting pnuemonia. My fever hasn't shot up, still at 101, but I am getting a deep cough and some chest pressure.

We had some people over for dinner a couple of weeks ago, and their 1 year old had it - they didn't even say anything to us until the next weekend, bastards. My wife had it as a kid, and both my children had their vaccination so hopefully they are in the clear. "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all".

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
This scares the hell out of me. I hear all the horror stories of guys getting the pox in their thirties and think - "Did I ever have the chicken pox?" Now, my best friend had them, my sister had them, but I never had them. So, am I one of the naturally immune, or am I doomed to get the pox at an advanced age????

Anyway, enough of my rant. Best of luck to you bro, hope it isn't that rough. Keep us updated.
Dude, go get the vaccine - my doc was out of it last year when I had my physical when I asked about it. I wound up forgetting about it
:frustrate:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I got it when I was 7 and it was bad - I hated it, makes me itch just thinking about it.
Yuck, I hope you get well soon.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hope u ge better soon, tha bastards comment made me laugh out loud, its great to hav friends like that, give yourself an aloe vera bath to speed healing.........

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I didn't get it till I was in the 7th grade. I had it BAD. In my eyes, mouth, scalp, etc...so nasty...I remember when I would lay my head down on the pillow, they all would pop and I'd get tons of water everywhere. Don't pick or you will def get scars. I remember as soon as they went away, my puberty kicked in high speed...acne, facial hair on the chin and stache...very coincidental which was very weird. :confused:

Good luck with that bro...like everyone else said, it gets worse with age....hope you recover soon.