Selegiline(deprenyl)???

Parzival

Awards
Anyone here have any experience with deprenyl (selegiline hcl) ??? I have read some good things about it and am considering taking it at a low dose(1mg/ed) as a preventative and general mental enhancement. I tend to be all over the place in terms of focus not to mention that my father has Parkinson's so I am interested in protecting my own dopamine function for later in life. Is 24 too young to start a regimen of this type?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I've taken Deprenyl on and off for years, IMO, you don't need to start Dopamine/Ganglia protection at age 24, but you can use it at 5-7.5 mgs once a week to inhibit MAO to increase Dopamine and PEA levels. Once a week is sufficent at that dose range to keep MAO-B and some A suppressed to increase focus, libido, general motivation and mood in most, not all, users. Once a week is what I do, chirpy fellow that I am, but that's probably more than necessary.Deprenyl is supposed to selectively inhibit MAO-B for up to 40 days per sufficent dose for that effect (~5-10mgs.)

If you want a nice stim kick, combine 5 -10mgs Deprenyl with Avant's H.E.A.T.; or a gram or two of Chocamine or a dose of AMP, crankin'.

Parzival

Awards
I've taken Deprenyl on and off for years, IMO, you don't need to start Dopamine/Ganglia protection at age 24, but you can use it at 5-7.5 mgs once a week to inhibit MAO to increase Dopamine and PEA levels. Once a week is sufficent at that dose range to keep MAO-B and some A suppressed to increase focus, libido, general motivation and mood in most, not all, users. Once a week is what I do, chirpy fellow that I am, but that's probably more than necessary.Deprenyl is supposed to selectively inhibit MAO-B for up to 40 days per sufficent dose for that effect (~5-10mgs.)

If you want a nice stim kick, combine 5 -10mgs Deprenyl with Avant's H.E.A.T.; or a gram or two of Chocamine or a dose of AMP, crankin'.
Thanks bro I will look into this fore sure. I have read some of the work of Dr. Michael Colgan who believes in its merits as a preventative so this is what I was basing my interest on. I think you're probably right though about a VERY small dose once a week at this relatively young age. I sometimes struggle with focus and motivation. I used to smoke pot pretty heavily as a teenager and since stopping about a year ago(thank God) motivation has dramatically improved (who'd ve thunk it?lol). I don't have any symptoms of legitimate depression but sometimes just feel BLAH and am looking for something to help me out in this respect, as well as the family history of Parkinson's. Thanks again for the reply bro makes me consider that an approach of greater discretion is more suited to my goals than chronic administration. Later.

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
This forum is dedicated to the discussion of over the counter drugs and interactions.
Steve, If you are commited to leaving then leave. If you want to stay then stay. But if you are going to stay then please have some regard for board rules and protocol. Your persistance in not heeding direction is part of the reason that the previous thread was shut down. You now persist is posting things irrelevant to the thread and forum topic.

If you would like to have private conversation with board memebers here, donate, and your PM privilege with be instated. If you would like to discuss a topic, start a thread for public discussion. But if so be man enough to tolerate different views regarding the topic and follow moderator instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes, Parsifal I have used it at a much later age and experienced no discernable cognitive affect. I did, however experience the "cheese effect" I have decided to save money by not using it until I need it. Im wondering... are you aware of what your avatar and name are?And if you are, what are they?​

Whiskey Steve

Awards
  • Established
Steve, If you are commited to leaving then leave. If you want to stay then stay. But if you are going to stay then please have some regard for board rules and protocol. Your persistance in not heeding direction is part of the reason that the previous thread was shut down. You now persist is posting things irrelevant to the thread and forum topic.

If you would like to have private conversation with board memebers here, donate, and your PM privilege with be instated. If you would like to discuss a topic, start a thread for public discussion. But if so be man enough to tolerate different views regarding the topic and follow moderator instructions.
How much do I have to donate to get pm access?

EDIT: I just tried to pay the $10 and it kept saying my credit card number was wrong....:think:
im getting a new credit card today or tomorrow so then ill make the donation.......sorry for my behavior B5150 (but i dont recall ever not tolerating others beliefs. But rather i held them in the highest regard)

jinxie

jinxie

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

So, what's the latest deprenyl + l-dopa, dlpa or chocamine???