scoher's muscle building log

scoher

Awards
Hi,

I started the the 8 week deluxe muscle building plan last Saturday. I'll keep track of my progress in this thread. I have been lifting routinely for a few years now and have no problem gaining or losing weight, my problem is putting on LBM while limiting fat gain.

Here are my base line measurements taken first thing on Saturday morning of 3/24
Height: 5'8''
Weight: 195
Waist: 33
Chest: 43
Biceps: 16
Quads: 24
Calves: 16
I'll take new measurements every two weeks, except for weight. After one week my weight is up to 196 lbs and my muscles look a little fuller in the mirror. I have no precise way to measure body fat so I will use the mirror and my waist line as the gauge.

The workouts have been more brutal than I thought they would be after first reviewing the plan. I originally thought the rest periods were way too long, but after my first workout I realize that the length is needed. Perhaps it is because I am used to training in the 3-6 rep range with a lower TUT than I am using now.
The Dropkick Murpheys have been helping me blast through the workouts. :head:

I have been following the diet Bobo gave me strictly, however, a couple times I had to knock back the egg whites raw due to convienence. Is there any benefit to eating eggs cooked as opposed to raw? I have read arguments for both sides.

This last part might be too much information, but it might mean something. After starting the diet I have had some rather uneasy bowel movements and my gas has become more frequent and smells of methane. I took the Lysol can out of the bathroom at work and I am keeping it in my office for now.:gas:

enimity

Awards
Good luck!

Does your plan just call for egg whites? Bobo has me eating close to 3 dozen whole eggs a week, def think Ill be sick of them once this bulk is over. Dont know about eating them raw havent gone there yet.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
This last part might be too much information, but it might mean something. After starting the diet I have had some rather uneasy bowel movements and my gas has become more frequent and smells of methane. I took the Lysol can out of the bathroom at work and I am keeping it in my office for now.:gas:

hehehe....perfectly normal. Your body will adjust with time :)

As for the egg cooked/raw, the difference is negligible although I wouldn't down raw egg whites everyday :)

scoher

Awards
Good luck!

Does your plan just call for egg whites? Bobo has me eating close to 3 dozen whole eggs a week, def think Ill be sick of them once this bulk is over. Dont know about eating them raw havent gone there yet.
Thanks, Enimity.
I am eating mainly egg whites (and a lot of them, about 6 dozen a week) with a couple of whole eggs every now and then. Good thing eggs are cheap.

scoher

Awards
hehehe....perfectly normal. Your body will adjust with time :)
That's a relief. Luckily my girlfriend is studying abroad this semester and wont be back for a few more weeks. My three dogs have been the only victems of my horendous flatulance so far:icon_lol:

william3162

Board Supporter
Awards
Bobo,

I thought eating raw egg whites was a NO. It is my understanding that the undenatured avidin inhibits the absorpion of biotin. How much it takes then to get this effect on the body?

scoher

Awards
Update after two weeks:

Weight: 192 (-3) :think:
Waist: 33
Chest: 44 (+1)
Arms: 16 1/4 (+1/4)
Quads: 24
Calves: 16

Hmm, I'm going to start taking my measurements every Saturday morning from now on. Seems odd that my weight is down but my body measurements stayed the same or increased. But if I can lose weight while getting bigger then :woohoo: :dance:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Bobo,

I thought eating raw egg whites was a NO. It is my understanding that the undenatured avidin inhibits the absorpion of biotin. How much it takes then to get this effect on the body?
You get plenty of biotin from other food sources. Its splitting hairs.

You would have to consume a lot of egg whites everyday for a very LONG time to have an effect.

scoher

Awards
After 3 weeks

Weight: 190 (-5)
Chest: 44 (+1)
Arms: R:16 1/4 (+1/4) L:16 1/2 (+1/2)
Waist: 33 (NC)
Quads: 24 (NC)
Calves: 16 (NC)

*Changes in measurements are taken against start of week1 and not the previous week.

Still following diet and lifting plan strictly. I'm adding about 2.5-5 lbs to my lifts weekly without losing any reps. I was pressed for time on Wednsday night and was only able to do about half of my leg work out this week.