Roger Clemens Andy Pettite Named in steroid scandal

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Along with Miguel Tejada and a few others. Things are about to get real interesting and maybe people will cut Barry Bonds some slack or continue to bash all of baseball. I think there are far more things to be concerned about in this day and time but that's just me..... discuss

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I think its great that more pitchers are being "outted" in all the performance enhancement controversies. Now, we can justify the ballooned statistics of 1995-2005 as being "fair" because juiced batters were hitting balls thrown by juiced pitchers. It all evens out!...somewhere Barry Bonds grins!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're going to need to post a source to substantiate the alegation your suggest.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
The whole thing saddens me frankly as I am a fan of both Clemens and Pettite. But as someone else mentioned maybe now we'll find out that the playing field was more level than previously thought. I still believe, and this may be blasphemous that many of the guys we hold sacred did things that were perfomance enhancing to get an edge that were not looked at as such. The media wasn't so nosy back in the day.:twisted: :blink:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
In referring to Clemens & Pettite, Grimsley only said "performance enhancing drugs," and not steroids.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this is the reason NEVER to do steroids. Look at Roger Clemens. His career has been distroyed by steroids. Just look at him. What a sad story. Throwing 95mph in his mid 40s. What about the long term side effects! Roger will regret this when he dies of steroids at 153.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In referring to Clemens & Pettite, Grimsley only said "performance enhancing drugs," and not steroids.
I caught onto that as well. It's quite possible that amphetamines (Greenies) or HGH was used...or somebody is just blowing smoke as the last I heard Grimsley was denying having named Clemens.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
I just read that Grimsley said it was all incorrect. And said that never in a million years would Andy or Roger touch performance enhancing drugs. And that Gibbons and Roberts names never even came up when they asked him.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk. The skunk always wins." ~Roger Clemens' Momma

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
:rant:
I think its great that more pitchers are being "outted" in all the performance enhancement controversies. Now, we can justify the ballooned statistics of 1995-2005 as being "fair" because juiced batters were hitting balls thrown by juiced pitchers. It all evens out!...somewhere Barry Bonds grins!
Fair my a*$!

The balls have virtually no seams anymore. (more hangers)
Baseballs are harder than ever.
Ballparks are smaller than in years past.
The mound remains too low.
Establishing the inside half of the plate has virtually become "a crime". Pitchers are warned and/or ejected for pitching inside off the plate these days. The result: hitters without fear of the ball. That had always been a great equalizer.....fear.

I for one am not dumb enough to buy that because more pitchers at the minor league level have been caught lately that they are relying on 'roids more so than position players. It's possible that the pitchers are less knowledgeable/evolved in their understanding of how to best utilize these performance enhancers.
HGH is probably being used at the Major League level, but not as much at lower levels. Those guys simply cannot afford much more than calling cards with what they make in the Minors.:rant:

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:rant:

Fair my a*$!

The balls have virtually no seams anymore. (more hangers)
Interesting point that I wouldn't have though of...I know as a pitcher in high school I would chew on the seams to get them to raise, but they still didn't raise as much as the seams on the older baseballs.

...and rest assured, they will come out with a way to do viable tests for HGH in the near future.

Innings Eater

Innings Eater

Awards
Interesting point that I wouldn't have though of...I know as a pitcher in high school I would chew on the seams to get them to raise, but they still didn't raise as much as the seams on the older baseballs.

...and rest assured, they will come out with a way to do viable tests for HGH in the near future.
I'd keep the nail on my glove hand's middle finger jagged so when I "rubbed the ball" in front of everyone I was also raising a seam. I was never questioned although nearly everything I threw had quite a bit of movement on it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thebigt Sports Talk 2
thebigt Supplements 81
thebigt Supplements 4
Bionic General Chat 32
bigpoppapump2 Supplements 15