Rice CAKES!

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
I do sometimes...depends on where I workout....the gym I like the most is a 20 min drive from where I live...so I usually do there, but I have oats when I goto the gym where I live (down 4 flights of stairs from me).

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Rice cakes are junk food, might as well be eating candy. They have a GI of like 82. Read the ingredients: rice flour, sugar, corn (with germ removed), maltodextrin, salt, high fructose corn syrup, milk, natural and artificial flavors, etc.

Junk

slayerofsouls

Awards
Rice cakes are junk food, might as well be eating candy. They have a GI of like 82. Read the ingredients: rice flour, sugar, corn (with germ removed), maltodextrin, salt, high fructose corn syrup, milk, natural and artificial flavors, etc.

Junk
Agreed, I never consume them.

Post workout I prefer a low GI source.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
really depends on what kind you buy. I agree about store brands such as quaker being junk, but there are some decent ones out there.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards

Junk
ummm...no! go organic.....

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Sorry, but you should be more specific with your posts. If you say "rice cake" the average Joe is gonna think Quaker. I don't have an ingredient list on those organic things of which you speak (post it up?) but just being organic doesn't make it intrinsically healthy. I can buy organic chocolate, organic butter, organic fatty pork sausage etc.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
If it's organic dude, you can rest assured that there are no HFCS!

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
Brown rice whole grain goodness
- Gluten Free
- Wheat Free
- 100% organic
- Kosher
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial colors
- No trans fats

Ingredients:
Organic whole grain brown rice, organic popcorn, organic evaporated cane juice, organic caramel flavor, organic molasses, sea salt, organic butter flavor (contains milk, contains soybean oil).

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Brown rice whole grain goodness
- Gluten Free
- Wheat Free
- 100% organic
- Kosher
- No artificial flavors
- No artificial colors
- No trans fats

Ingredients:
Organic whole grain brown rice, organic popcorn, organic evaporated cane juice, organic caramel flavor, organic molasses, sea salt, organic butter flavor (contains milk, contains soybean oil).
Now those sound pretty good. Thanks for postin that. I may have to pick some up and give em a try as an occasional treat. (Don't care for evaporated cane juice even though it's better for you than refined crap but everything in moderation, right?)

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
It really isnt a treat....it's a pretty solid carb source and the taste is pretty damn bland. I rank it up there ahead of whole wheat breads and pastas.....maybe just below my top three of brown rice, oats, oats, oats, and sweet tators.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
I eat granola bars once and a while. Your gonna go crazy if you don't have a little cheat snack. I eat clean 6x a day 7 days a week. It's insane, I feel good about it but you need something to enjoy and rice cakes is something. Big deal if it's GI is 82, you can eat clean and still enjoy a snack once and a while. If your cutting bulking or even trying to gain LBM it's ok. On the opposite if I was dieting for fatloss than I wont touch it.

For the guys who love oats, don't you get diarrehea like symptoms every day? I incorporated that into my diet for a few weeks and had to go to the bathroom HARD, it's like a waterfall coming from my ass sometimes. Wheat bread sucks but I think it's the best complex. Stick some natural peanut butter on it and there you go.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I eat granola bars once and a while. Your gonna go crazy if you don't have a little cheat snack. I eat clean 6x a day 7 days a week. It's insane, I feel good about it but you need something to enjoy and rice cakes is something. Big deal if it's GI is 82, you can eat clean and still enjoy a snack once and a while. If your cutting bulking or even trying to gain LBM it's ok. On the opposite if I was dieting for fatloss than I wont touch it.

For the guys who love oats, don't you get diarrehea like symptoms every day? I incorporated that into my diet for a few weeks and had to go to the bathroom HARD, it's like a waterfall coming from my ass sometimes. Wheat bread sucks but I think it's the best complex. Stick some natural peanut butter on it and there you go.
RICE CAKES AND GRANOLA BARS FOR CHEATS???/ get real bro.....what has this world come to? Cutting for a show, ok fine, but trying to gain mass> No such thing....I'm talking rice cakes for POST WORKOUT nutrition.

Oats and dirrehea??? WHAT?? Should be quite the opposite, esp. with all that fiber!

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
RICE CAKES AND GRANOLA BARS FOR CHEATS???/ get real bro.....what has this world come to? Cutting for a show, ok fine, but trying to gain mass> No such thing....I'm talking rice cakes for POST WORKOUT nutrition.

Oats and dirrehea??? WHAT?? Should be quite the opposite, esp. with all that fiber!
:hammer: Wow dude your are total misunderstanding me. What I said is I eat 6 meals a day CLEAN, actually BOBO made me the diet. I have rice cakes(sometimes) after a workout which there is nothing wrong with that. If there is I'd LOVE to hear it since I'm not talking it as part of my complex carbs. As for a granola bar, I have one a day lets say during work since my work requires a lot of physical activitiy and endurance, extra carbs, even is it's sugary isn't a bad IDEA, if I sat around at an office all day than I wouldn't do it, eveything is bad in excess but in moderation wont hurt you. I'm not gonna have a protein bar as a snack since I save those incase I am at school in a 3 hr class and have NO OPTION of eating. I wont pull out a chicken breats a potato. A protein bar as a meal in that situation is better than nothing at all. You do whatver you can. So for the point the GRANOLAS and Rice cakes aren't apart of my meal but more in between if I ever need something to munch on. I have been doing this for 2 weeks now and my BF has dropped 1%, not increased so it's not doing any harm and my weight has gone up. I aint complaining.
:burger:

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
As for the oats and diarreha, yes it should act on the opposite but everytime I had diarreha it was because I had oats in the morning, when I took it out of my diet I didn't have that problem anymore. One can only assume that could have been part of the problem. Everyones body reacts differently. I've responded differently on PP than most other people and now it seems like I respond differently on oats. Lol like you think I'm making this up? That's pretty sad if I was making up having diarreha on a forum.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I eat those whole grain quaker rice cakes in the morning. They have about 50 tons of sugar in them, but in the morning sugar is alright. Helps to get me going. I usually start off with eggs and oatmeal, but when I am in a rush I drink a protein shake and eat a few rice cakes.

JKurz1

JKurz1

Awards
I go with 2 scoops whey
3 rice cakes (1g of sugar, organic corn or whole wheat, 8g of carbs)
and a scoop of cell-tech carb sense (free 4 tubs) postworkout...then a prebed shake and nuts and I'm done for the night

NiteHawk

Awards
I dont know why you say rice cakes are bad. I eat them a lot. I love them with splenda and cinammon on them.

I also buy the Quaker brand- plain. My ingredients only say whole grain brown rice, salt. That is all, no sugars, fat etc.

Only 7 grams of carbs and 1 gram of protein.