Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Current Stats-Oct 16, 2005
Age - 23yrs old
Starting Weight - 180lbs
Height - 5'10"
Starting Bodyfat - 14%

I am currently doing an HST training log and running DHEA/ATD while I rehab myself back into lifting after a groin tear, the link to this is http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34798

I have been taking X-Lean as a pre-workout stimulant for the past two weeks and like this product. Island Supplements has asked me to do a review of three of their pre-workout stimulants / thermogenics. I will be reviewing them mostly for pre-workout stimulant properties and not weight loss capabilities because I only have 2-3 doses of both Amp and Venom.

I will be reviewing the following dosages:
Built 4 Health's X-Lean with 200mg caffeine and 20 ephedrine alkaloids
Ergopharm's Amp (2caps of whatever is in this stuff)
ALRI's Venom (2caps of whatever is in this stuff)

This will be a rolling review since it will take a couple weeks, but I will recap it all at the end.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
1st Amp Dosage (2 caps)

Yesterday I took 2caps of Amp at 4:30pm. I left work and on my ride to the gym I started to feel really energized and pumped. I started working out around 6:15 and ended around 7:30pm. The whole workout went very well and I felt like my strength and endurance was up through the whole workout. Of course I started to get tired at the end of the workout, but this is normal when doing a full body routine. Amp definitely gave me lasting energy all throughout my workout.

Amp gave great energy for about 3-4 hours, then slowly started to die down as the night went on. Around 11pm I was able to go to sleep and slept like a baby. I felt as if I didnt really crash from this product, but rather it slowly died off as time went on and I did not sweat as much as I do when taking X-Lean. I also noticed that it did not act as much of a diuretic as X-Lean has and that I did not flush out much water at all from this product. I did get the tingly, hair standing up feeling I get when taking any kind of adrenalin enhancing drug (ephedra/yohimbe). This was actually stronger than what I get from X-Lean, but subsided within a couple hours, even though my energy and itensity remained.

Today I will not be taking anything and just going for a short run after work. Tomarrow I will test Venom.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Def looking forward to this...Can't decide whether to go with AMP or Venom...Venom sounds too good to be true!

Good Luck Bro!

O14

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
1st Dose of Venom (2caps, spaced out)

Well ill let you know how it goes today, Im thinking of taking two throughout the day becuase of everyones warning of potency, mainly N4cer. And Im not trying to OD on some kind of new stimulant that doesnt have much reviews. If Im ok taking two throughout the day, I will take 2 caps next week pre-workout to see how that is. I have 6 caps total, so I can afford to play around with dosages.

I will take one around 9-10am and then another before lifting around 4:30pm for today's test. Will report on this later.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Took one cap at 9am:
Venom so far at 11:15am:
Feeling very energenic, even typing this fast
Slight lightheadedness, kinda like Im walking on a cloud
Feeling hot, definitely feel as if my body temp is rising
No hair tingly feeling or serious adrenalin rush
Did not hit hard, but rather slowly came on and still going
Definitely appetite supressant so far, im usually starving by now in the day
Im extremely thirsty
No shakes or nervousness, except for bouncing my leg, but I always do that
I am in a very good mood, and very talkative, it has almost euphoric effect

After reading an article over at avant, I am starting to wonder if this stuff has Mitragynine in it. Will post more later.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Venom at 2:45pm.

Definitely coming down and have noticed energy is giving out, but still up a little
Appetite suppression is still apparent
Hair tingly feeling has come and gone, but still lingers

Starting to get sides I dont like such as:
Feeling feverish (hot and cold) and face feels hot, same as when I take yohimbe, slightly red, but not bad
My feet are sweating, and other parts are starting to a little
Circulatory changes, same as with yohimbe or even high doses of ephedra, I can tell that my body is pulling blood in from extremities (groin area)
I can feel myself slowly crashing, and it doesnt feel good, I feel kinda slow and not euphoric at all anymore

Im not sure how I feel about this supp, I will take my second pill soon and will report later, but so far, the sides are not fun

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that seems like such a different review than I have been reading on some other threads...so much for the "crazy" feeling and losing 3 lbs in 3 days, unless thats just from a lack of food

Thanks for the review bro, keep us updated

O14

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Venom Final Report

Took another cap last night at 4:30pm and worked out at 6:30pm. Had ok energy in the gym, nothing great like from X-Lean or Amp. Had the sweats and did not feel really strong, just kind of weird. When I got home and started to come down off of it, I started to feel the same way I had before with a flush face and definite crash type symtoms (feeling kinda down and just a little jittery). I did sleep, but not very well and I kept waking up with the feeling like something was crawling all over me. This was the most prominent and bad side effect. I felt kinda itchy, but mostly like my skin had something crawling on it. Venom may have its place as a cutter with its appetite suppressant qualities, but I would not recommend it as a pre-workout stimulant. After trying it out, one day is enough for me to not like this supp. It does get you energized and euphoric for a little while, but the sides are not worth it, it just feels like a dirty stimulant that I did not come down from very well at all. This is just my experience, but I will not be needing another dose of this to know that this is my least favorite of the three due to the sides.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
Sky9 - Again, I really appreciate your honest review. You saved me 35 bucks bro.
I knew this **** was too good to be true.

O14

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
I will be trying amp again tomorrow, but glad to help, keep in mind this is all just my experiences with the substances.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
I will be taking my second trial dose of AMP agian today before working out. I will update either tonight after lifting, or tomorrow. And if you didnt see this coming, did I mention www.islandsupplements.com has AMP for sale, haha. Im really glad I can help people out here. I will put up a review of X-Lean over the weekend too, but most people already know what ephedra is like, but Ill put it up anyways.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
venom experience

hi. I have been reading this forum for about two years.I have found the research and personal experiences very helpful. I have been training, dieting and supplementing for about 25 years. I have used many stimulants for both training and recreation. I have less an affinity for beta-2 antagonist in recent years, so I have been looking for a different type of stym. I am cycling AMP with eca stacks pre work out. Today I tried VENOM. I took one cap at 5am along with my normal prework out mix of citrulline, alcar, beta-alanine and histadine. My focus is intense. My motivation high. I have been getting spine tingeling rushes. There seems to be no body load or jitters. I don't have quite the euphoria that I get from amp, but my thoughts are extemely clear. My workout was a light aerobic and stretching combo. My stretches were the best I have had in years. The stimulation is somewhat like sulbutiamine. Perhaps from the thiamine analog. I seem to be driven to do things, like responding to message boards. It is now 5 hours later and I feel great. this is a perfect mental stimulant wow!
My appetite is nill. Even if this doesn't burn fat, this could still be useful diet tool. I wonder how many days until tolerence becomes a factor.:woohoo:

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Well, even though this is your first post ever on this board, which makes me wonder a little, I agree Venom may have its place as an appetite suppressent and can be used as a pre-workout stim. Unfortunitely, my experience with it was less than favorable due to the weird side effects. For an appetite suppressant I would probably just buy some bulk Hoodia from CNW instead of buying Venom, but these are just my thoughts, Im sure others may think differently.

hi. I have been reading this forum for about two years.I have found the research and personal experiences very helpful. I have been training, dieting and supplementing for about 25 years. I have used many stimulants for both training and recreation. I have less an affinity for beta-2 antagonist in recent years, so I have been looking for a different type of stym. I am cycling AMP with eca stacks pre work out. Today I tried VENOM. I took one cap at 5am along with my normal prework out mix of citrulline, alcar, beta-alanine and histadine. My focus is intense. My motivation high. I have been getting spine tingeling rushes. There seems to be no body load or jitters. I don't have quite the euphoria that I get from amp, but my thoughts are extemely clear. My workout was a light aerobic and stretching combo. My stretches were the best I have had in years. The stimulation is somewhat like sulbutiamine. Perhaps from the thiamine analog. I seem to be driven to do things, like responding to message boards. It is now 5 hours later and I feel great. this is a perfect mental stimulant wow!
My appetite is nill. Even if this doesn't burn fat, this could still be useful diet tool. I wonder how many days until tolerence becomes a factor.:woohoo:

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im one of the unlucky. i take amp for the first day in a while and feel great, but my body gets used to it fast. by the second day i just feel drained from it. im looking to try venom, but i love the way amp makes me feel...for the first day. so, i take amp once a week for hard workouts.

Odessa14

Awards
  • Established
I will be trying amp again tomorrow, but glad to help, keep in mind this is all just my experiences with the substances.
No, I def understand bro and appreciate your honesty. The thing is, I was wondering more about this one a day thing that I have been reading as the safety dose. It wasn't so much the sides (Crash, etc...) but more the effectiveness of the supp itself. I was just skeptical of the product becuase it was being pushed and hyped with that.

O14

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
No, I def understand bro and appreciate your honesty. The thing is, I was wondering more about this one a day thing that I have been reading as the safety dose. It wasn't so much the sides (Crash, etc...) but more the effectiveness of the supp itself. I was just skeptical of the product becuase it was being pushed and hyped with that.

O14
Hey, shoot me an email and I'll send you two pills to try it out if you want.
[email protected]

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
2 Trial Dose of AMP

Friday I took my second trial dose of AMP (2caps) pre workout. I had good energy, not great, but consistant throughout my workout just like before. I didnt get the initial rush of energy like I did the first time, but I was tired all day so it definitely picked me up and put me over the awake point. Like before I did not crash from it. I had no noticable sides, just a slow decrease in the energy. Took it around 3pm and it wore off around 9pm. No sides to report from AMP, which is the greatest quality of this product from my view.

LarryN77

Awards
I have never tried Venom, i am basically going on what you guys are saying about it and i think i am going to pass on it. I love AMP, and i think that it is hands down one of the best kick-ass energy supplements plus it makes me very euphoric - and that kills my appetite. Anyways, another reason why i am going to pass on Venom is because of the one ingredient i don't care for in any supplement is guggulsterones - they never really did anything for me except make me sick.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Mixing It Up - 1 AMP & 1 X-Lean

Monday I took 1 Amp and 1 X-Lean together for pre-workout stim. This proved to be a pretty good combination with lasting energy and lost of focus. I may do this again as I really liked it.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
X-Lean (2 caps)

Wednesday I took two X-Leans for preworkout stim. I felt the same and I usually do on ephedra/caffeine. Definite diuretic properties, had to pee twice during workout. Sweating was much more profound during workout. Good energy rush with lasting endurance. Slight crash later in the night, but was able to sleep ok, not great. X-Lean seems to have no lasting side effects, and good energy with a slight crash and water flushing properties.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
Log Recap

Log Recap

#1 X-Lean was a typical EC stack with great energy, diuretic properties, and increased sweating. Energy was lasting and crash was apparent, but medium in nature. No weird feelings and an overall, consistant buzz associated with EC. This is still my favorite of all compounds tried because tolerance is slow to build, energy is good, and fat burning qualities are apparent with long term use. However for just prework out stimulants, AMP may be better.

#2 AMP was great for energy and endurance. It built up slowly, then kicked in all of sudden within an hour. No diuretic properties noticed and sweaty was at a minimum. No jitters, just spine tingling energy and good focus. Crash was very minimal if at all, energy just seemed to slowly subside. Very easy compound to use with little to no side effects. Tolerance building with this compound was not examined with this review, however it has been stated by others that it can happen quickly. This was my second favorite compound all together, but my favorite preworkout stim.

#3 VENOM was a strange compound with multiple side effects and seemed to cycle through a range of qualities with one dose. At first it made me feel very happy and energized. After about 1-2 hours the euphoria subsided and sweating increased along with a drop in happyness. This seems to be a strong mood altering compound for me and made me feel almost depressed while still full of energy. It made me have hot flashes and the jitters, which distracted me from my workout and made me feel worse than if I had not taken anything. This was my least favorite.

Sky9

Tan from the Island
Awards
  • Established
For endurance training I would not use it as it has some weird cardiovascular side effects similar to oral yohimbe. I think it is more of an appetite suppressant with some funny side effects. For endurance training I would stick to either EC or maybe even AMP, but probably just EC in my opinion. This is not to say that EC does not have its own cardiovascular effects, becuase it definitely does, however I feel they are much more predictable and easy to deal with.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I can always count on EC to get me going. And it's much cheaper too.