Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have diagnosed my self with Restless Leg Syndrome, anyone else deal with this? What did you do ?

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have diagnosed my self with Restless Leg Syndrome, anyone else deal with this? What did you do ?
That stuff is horrible.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with it.
Thankfully, I haven't experienced it in years.

They believe that one of the possible causes may be chronic inflammation.
You could try something like Helios-100, and see if that helps.

I don't remember if anything really helped mine at the time (this was before I knew about the possible inflation connection).
But things that I tried that I believed helped a little, at the time, were:
Massage, getting up, and moving the legs around, and tonic water (which contains quinine).
However, they say that tonic water contains very little quinine today.... And warn against taking Large amounts of Quinine, because it can cause other serious health issues.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am current using Helios-100. In the past when it bothered my at night I would get up take two Tylenol and I could sleep. I have been getting it really bad during my Chemo sessions (which last 3.5 hours) and it is really uncomfortable and the Tylenol does not help. I read Magnesium helps, but I take ZMA every night. I my see if the doc will write me a scrip.

Localaxis

Localaxis

Awards
Oh my, I didn't even know that this is the thing, I thought I'm the only one who got this :LOL:
It is so annoying, it's like a burning sensation in my quads and calves, and I have to move or flex them to stop it.
As funny as it sounds, the thing goes away when I train my legs more often. Haha such a leg day commercial :LOL:
As I read my legs are starting to itch and feeling weird, fk.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My Dr. tells me it because of the Benadryl they give me with my chemo, so they gave me some Advani today, that should take care of it. We will see ?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I was coming off kratom a couple years back RLS is a major issue with the withdrawal and magnesium, P5P, and inositol were a savior. Might want to look into those.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My Dr. tells me it because of the Benadryl they give me with my chemo, so they gave me some Advani today, that should take care of it. We will see ?
My dad suffered from that for years before it was ever a thing! He called it the fidgets.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My dad suffered from that for years before it was ever a thing! He called it the fidgets.
Yes sir, same with my mom and grad parents

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've experienced it some, when using Benadryl.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, it can be.
Honestly, I try not to take Benadryl in general, unless I have to. It makes me feel kinda crappy.
I find it to be a very good sleep aid for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A Lot of people do.
I wish I did.
Same, it actually makes my sleep really disruptive. I've even tried the benadryl ZZZ and it made me wired with a rapid heart rate. Must be some faulty internal wiring with me.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Same, it actually makes my sleep really disruptive. I've even tried the benadryl ZZZ and it made me wired with a rapid heart rate. Must be some faulty internal wiring with me.
It affects me similarly.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
They gave me a half dose of Aadvin today with my Chemo, it helped a lot. I think I will ask for a full dose tomorrow.