Resolving to get WARPED a Controlled Labs White Warped Log

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So just got this guy in the mail, was going to post a picture but the mailman kind of crushed the can so it doesn't look great! Want to thank Hyde and Controlled Labs for the chance to give this a shot.

So lets go over a bit of the basics of this to get it out of the way and then we can get into the fun stuff!

About Me:

So I've been training for awhile, pretty serious for most of it. I'll be 30 soon so I am also not just some young gun anymore. Not as lean as I am in my avatar as I am bulking but I maintain a leaner physique year round than most I'd say.

Training:
I'll be honest I probably won't log super specifics daily, as I want to keep this mostly related to the product at hand, but my training is highly structured so I will note any increases (or lack there of) as things progress. As well as noting any PRs or things related. I train 6 days per week, in what most would consider "Crossfit", but I focus on Weightlifting (clean, jerks, snatches), Barbell lifts (bench, presses, squats, deadlifts), Gymnastics, Bodybuilding accessory work, and various modes of cardio.

Diet:
I won't really be worrying about rating this product in terms of "gains" in size, since I think that would be tough to equate strictly to it and based on the ingredients, but I am eating over 4k calories currently with 500g carbs on most days, so things are moving along.

Supplements:
*Everything in use has either been currently in use for at least a month or longer so there shouldn't be any huge conflicts, but obviously some of these things share effects with Warped
Daily things:
Curcumin 2x per day
Fish oil 2g combined EPA/DHA per day
Alphamine or assorted energy drinks to start the day or when needing a pick me up (caffeine has been limited to sub 400mg total as of late)
Orange Triad + Greens 2x per day
K1ngslayer
Test1fy

Training Days:
Intrablast + 60g carbs during training (Carb10 + Dextrose mix)
Green Might Pre-workout
Assorted energy drinks pre-workout (usually 150-200mg caffeine)=> This is where White Warped will be moving into rotation
Genius Preworkout (actually dropping this for use of White Warped)

So I have been using some of the ingredients in White Warped leading up to this, and I have a few ideas of how this will "feel" in comparison", but I'll get into those as we give this a go!

Criteria:

So I'll be rating this mostly on
1) Energy
2) Focus/Motivation
3) Pumps/Fullness/Vascularity
4) Recovery (both next day and within workout)
5) Taste (I don't care a ton but it is still important to a certain extent)

I was a huge fan of White Flash so I'll be comparing that to this considering this is replacing it!

Initial review and first workout up soon as I just pounded my first serving and am off to the gym now.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In! Love me some controlled labs, curious to see how it goes

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
subbed

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Two workouts down, but I am super busy last two days. I've written some notes down though and will have a good update once I get a chance (I broke my phone the other day too so I have to get to a computer for updates).

Quick note though....full dose first day punched me in the face....

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Initial Review/Throughts

Formula:
-So full disclosure I was a little critical of this release, since I was a huge fan of White Rapids. The biggest thing for me was the fact with White Rapids I could take .5-.75 of a scoop for less stim but still get a solid dose of ergogens, which isn't as realistic here. I tend to shoot for less total caffeine than this usually, but overall it was more a personal nitpick.
-Only thing in this that I haven't used is the SPECTRA. While I am interested to see its acute effects, I am probably more so intrigued to see its effects on recovery and improvements over time.
-I have been taking in 4g Citrulline, 1g Tyrosine,100mcg Hup A, 2g Taurine, and between 150-250mg of caffeine in my most recent pre-workout mix leading up to this so the biggest differences will be the increased caffeine (and dual source), bumped up Tyrosine (2g), and added Agmatine and SPECTRA in the blend.

Flavor (Candy Sour Apple):
-Mixed a scoop in 8oz of water. In the future I will mix it with Green Might but today did it separate to test the flavor on its own.
-Controlled Labs did succeed in making this taste better than White Rapids. Rapids wasn't bad, but was pretty neutral for me. This is better and more "pleasant" to drink, but hits similar flavor profile. Not overly sour and not overly sweet. I wouldn't say it is the best tasting drink, but I enjoyed it and can't say I'd ever not want to drink this.
-Fun note....it had a cool color when the powder hit the water. Wondering if it was due to the SPECTRA but I got saw some blue and purples as I stirred.

Initial Effects:
Energy: 5/5
-So I will preface this with the fact, again, that I have been hovering more around 200mg of Caffeine pre-workout lately. That hasn't been too crazy, but mostly has given me enough to get the nootropics and other ingredients "moving" for me lately. I also drank a Bang with my pre-workout mix the other day kind of in an effort to see how 300mg of caffeine felt and if I thought that it would let me jump into a full scoop here and as a way to compare this to straight caffeine. The Bang I felt a bit more than my usual 200mg, but not a ton so I decided to dive right into a full serving!
-Within 10 minutes this hit me and hit me hard. Like I said 200 and even 300 didn't hit me too hard earlier this week, but Warped punched it up a notch.
-Not jittery, just very strong. Honestly the most stimulated I have been in quite some time. Caffeine doesn't always do a ton for me, but this was very noticeable. Probably more noticeable than I wanted. Keep in mind some people like this, so if that is your thing there is potential here for it, for me my sessions are long and I don't always want a huge hit.
-This lasted. And lasted awhile. No crash. The initial "wave" lasted a good hour or two. Felt a decent bit still going as I finished my workout and even after. I lift in the middle of the day and then go back to work after, so I like having something that kind of "continues on" after training so I can keep going and don't want to rest after training too much.
-Was a little too much for what I wanted today though even by the end of my training. It had my heart rate elevated a bit above what I'd like and during my final workout (4 rounds 30 pushups 15 DB Hang Squat Cleans w/70lbs DBs) I couldn't control it as well as I'd have liked. I'll keep note on this for future workouts.
-It is only the initial review but as far as energy this hit me stronger than White Rapids ever did. Rapids always got me going, but the theanine definitely tapered its caffeine dosage more.

Focus/Motivation: 4/5
-This ties in a bit with the energy above, but this kicked in hard. I was typing stuff up after drinking this and needed to go to the gym, but had a hard time breaking myself from the computer to go train.
-Focus stayed elevated for awhile, but tapered faster than the energy did (which is reasonable and usual in my experience with these things).
-The initial energy was a bit strong for the focus, it overpowered it a bit. This isn't a straight nootropic or a study enhancer or anything similar, so the balance here of energy vs focus as pretty good for what I think most people want training wise.
-I was surprised at how good the focus was though, stronger than Rapids on most days. I like Lions Mane and was sad to see it dropped, but for some acute focus benefits the higher Tyrosine and the Hup A inclusion serve for some good immediate mind feel. Considering I dropped Alpha-GPC (600mg) that I usually use this was a pleasant surprise.

Pumps/Fullness/Vascularity: 4/5
-So this is a little tough to fully gauge and one I'll note a bit more in the future, one dose is hard to evaluate this on as easily. Regardless pumps and fullness were no less than they usually are.
-Vascularity seemed a bit improved, I had some pretty wild shoulder veins going on, but maybe I was just looking extra hard for them today!
-This seemed to last pretty much the rest of the day. The obvious training pump faded, but I remained slightly fuller all day.
-Compared to Rapids the initial pump wasn't as crazy, I remember that was my first full dosed Vaso-6 product and it made me a believer. I'll keep note on future workouts and recovery as well!

Overall pretty positive first impressions. Again I am going to keep comparing this Rapids as it was the previous instalment, but Controlled Labs so far seems to have mostly hit with what they wanted on this. It tastes better than Rapids, hit me a bit harder, and provided a pretty solid experience in what should be a more affordable tub. My biggest thing will be seeing how future doses continue to effect me and any other changes!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I plan to take a couple more doses before another lengthy write up about any changes, but I will say I took a full scoop for Satrudays session and it didn't hit me as hard. Focus was great and energy was still above what it has been with my most recent other products, but it was more tolerable. My Saturday usually is longgggg. Energy lasted the whole way through and didn't have as much issue with elevated heart rate during my more cardio centric portions of the workout.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome detail, in to hear thoughts as you get more sessions in with Warped!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice detailed initial thoughts! Sounds like you like it after the first couple trys.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I agree...warped energy lasts and lasts-no crash.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Expect an update soon I'll do a full 1 week write up.

I keep putting it off because I keep wanting to confirm what I have been seeing.

Cliff notes for people who don't care for depth. I think something is going on with the SPECTRA (surprising me) as my cardio has been solid. I've had a couple of fast paced circuits and I hit high heart rate but seem to be able to hold it better than recently (like I can hold off the dreaded crash during them). For example yesterdays 400m run on the Assault Runner with 15 burpees to target for 4 rounds I found I could hold the same pace the entire way with a little speed up at the end. I came out fast and usually I fade but didn't.

Pumps are solid too.

Energy is great, but haven't had the same kick in the face as I had the first day, but still very very noticeable.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
1 Week Review:

Flavor:
-
So for the most part I have been mixing it with Watermelon Green Might. They taste great together. Green might isn't my favorite, but is good enough and if anything together they are better. I have done a couple times alone still and it definitely is better than White Rapids. Not the best Apple I've had, but solid enough.

Energy:
4/5
-Not a huge fan of scales but I started with one so I'll stick with it. As far as this goes I would break it down in two ways:
Initial Burst of Energy:
3/5
-So haven't had anything like that first day again. I feel this "hit me" a bit more gradually most of the time, but pretty quick too. I can tell I have downed it after 15 minutes max. Considering this is pretty much only stimulated by Caffeine (albeit by two sources) this is pretty decent. 3/5 to me means it has not let me down yet, but also isn't crazy punch in the heart and face lets go type feeling. As far as what I want, if anything this is more in line with how I want to be stimulated. If you want your heart beating out of your chest and a huge surge of energy, there may be other places to look, but this hits me and I am always ready to go!
Lasting Energy:
5/5
-So this is probably what is even better. There is a very smooth feeling for quite awhile. It almost gradually tapers enough that it is hard to tell when it stops! 3 hours is probably where I "feel" it most, but even 5 hours later I am still slightly lifted.
-Zero crash for me.
-Very well suited to get me through training then back to work and feel good doing that too.

Focus/Motivation:
3.5/5
-This works very well in this regards. Compared to most strictly pre-workout products it is up there, not the absolute best, but also better than most!
-The 2g of Tyrosine is awesome. The hup-a is also about right for this formula too.
-This is about where I think most people would want the focus for training. Some of my work is a bit more technical and I appreciate it at the beginning of the session. Any more focus may be a tad negative for some training.
-This is super apparent and I think probably right about where Controlled Labs would want it for this type of product. For comparison sake their Orange Brainwash is better at this (and I mean it should be since that is its sole goal), but for a pre-workout this is solid. I'd like to try adding a choline source or ALCAR sometime, but will stay away for a little while longer, maybe later on I'll try, since I definitely don't "need" those added to get more out of it currently.

Pumps/Fullness/Vascularity:
4/5
-One of the biggest surprises. My vascularity is pretty serious right now. My pumps come on pretty quick.
-Nothing detrimental to training yet either.
-I am definitely up a tad in body fat in the last couple months, but seeing some more apparent vascularity in the calves and shoulder region.
-These aren't the strongest pumps I've had, but they are definitely surprising. Based on this and the next section I am going to need to go revisit SPECTRA. I do respond well to Agmatine, but 500mg usually isn't enough to elicit this level of fullness during training for me.

Endurance/Recovery:
5/5
-Ok so biggest surprise yet. I know I noted the heart rate was a bit of an issue to start, but it is more under control now and my endurance and recovery during sessions is definitely heightened this week. This is tentative as it has only been a week so lets see if it is consistent but for now it is a bit eye opening.
-I am noticing especially good ability to continue work at a high output close to anaerobic threshold or the ability to keep pushing through what would be usually performance halting burn. I mentioned the burpee/running the other day, but today I did 8 rounds of 8 DB Snatches and 8 Box Jump overs at the end of my workout. I kept pretty much an even split between rounds and didn't slow, which usually is a struggle for me. I also checked my heart rate at the end and while it was obviously high, it didn't get as high as I'd expect nor get to its peak as fast as I'd expect. I was able to work at a higher intensity for longer!

So I'd say so far things are pretty good. I "feel" this when I take it and get set to train well. I am performing great. I also hit a 400lbs x 7 Squat and 435lbs x 7 Deadlift both @9 RPE and both should be PRs this week. So strength and endurance are doing well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I was surprised by the pump also.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad it’s doing you right! I think Warped is exceeding my expectations as well

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad it’s doing you right! I think Warped is exceeding my expectations as well

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Second week has gone well will throw some more input in soon.

Thinking this third week I may try tossing around some other things with it to see how it goes.

Regardless I’ve been super impressed and think this will find a good spot in my rotation.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I encourage experimenting, as long as you feel you have a good grasp of it solo as well - always great to find that perfect combo for different situations.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I encourage experimenting, as long as you feel you have a good grasp of it solo as well - always great to find that perfect combo for different situations.
Definitely right now 1 scoop + 1 scoop Green Might is on the money. I even just went back to it as normal today without experimenting.

If I do I just want to see if I can do alright with lower doses. Maybe add some ALCAR or a choline source.

I may not though things are still moving well with it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
2 Week Review:

Flavor:
-
Had this a couple more times on its own. Flavor has grown on me, I kind of like it more than when I first had it. Still not my favorite apple or the strongest, but I enjoy it.

Energy:
-Still going right around the same for me. I haven't noticed any major tolerance or drop off yet as far as how it "feels".
-Effects on heart rate do seem "less", so maybe hitting some tolerance to the caffeine.
-Yesterday I ate at 7am and worked until about 1, didn't want to eat again before training so I downed a scoop at 1 and went at it. Did seem to hit a bit harder being on an empty(er) stomach.

Focus/Motivation:
-If anything focus might be improving a tad with use. Almost as if I don't "feel" the caffeine as strong, but feel more focus due to that.
-Honestly though probably just the same as week 1, which is pretty solid and right where I want.

-I don't bench a ton but had some benching in a workout this week and got a pretty sick chest pump, more than I used to remember with it.
-It isn't lacking at all, but I didn't have an moments where it jumped out at me this week.
-Some rope climbing this week did have me looking huge, but more of just a overall fullness rather than skin splitting pumped kind of feeling.

Endurance/Recovery:
-So this ties in with above. Pumps maybe seemed a little less, but mostly due to not focusing on them and being able to perform more work without it being detrimental.
-I beat all my previous similar efforts on my monostructural cardio work this week and at similar heart rate levels.
-My ability to repeat efforts is increased without as much of a pump buildup during some workouts, which is beneficial, and seems to indicate improved work tolerance at given loads.
-I feel like my "breathing" is better during higher intensity work. Again I seem to get my heart rate up to a certain level and have a much better ability to hold this percentage at a given work pace without it continuing to increase more. That is a big win for me.
-It is probably the increased effort during some of these workouts leading to this, but for the most part I am more sore than usual (increased DOMS).

Overall I am really enjoying this, more so than I thought. Even so much so that I have held off from adding stuff to it, which is probably a bit of a bad habit I have, sometimes I feel like a mad scientist mixing various stim/non-stim/solo ingredients together to fit my needs. Haven't had the need to do that yet.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m really glad to hear this has been so much better than you were expecting. I am definitely happy with mine.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Going to get a third week review up tomorrow. I didn’t end up mixing anything else into this, it’s been pulling its weight on its own fine!

Pulled 445lbs for a couple “easy” sets of 5 today, so strength has been moving up well this month.

Dishing some samples of this out to others in the gym this week too looking forward to their feedback as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ll get a review up soon. I didn’t end up ever needing to mix this with anything else and I’m almost done with my first tub.

Regardless of review I have more and it will go into part of my stim rotation, mission accomplished with this should be good for CL.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’ll get a review up soon. I didn’t end up ever needing to mix this with anything else and I’m almost done with my first tub.

Regardless of review I have more and it will go into part of my stim rotation, mission accomplished with this should be good for CL.
Looking forward to your full thoughts!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Looking forward to your full thoughts!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Nice! In for the review as well.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Full Tub Review:

Flavor:
-Solid to Great.
-I enjoyed the flavor quite a bit, it wasn't the best pre-workout I have ever had flavor wise, but was above average.
-Again it was better than White Flash, so Controlled Labs achieved one of their goals with this.

Energy:
-One of the stronger points. Blend of caffeine allows for a strong initial burst, then a pretty solid length of energy.
-Not going to compete with some of the crazier stimulant blends out there (with those exotic stims), but the combo of the Caffeine + Tyrosine + Hup A makes this one of the better (possibly best I've used) straight caffeine products as far as energy and feels go.

Focus/Motivation:
-This was strong as well. I was super focused pretty much with every use.
-Not as strong as some of the more comprehensive Nootropic blends/formulas out there, but as far as for workout performance this hits about the perfect blend of focus and energy.

-Pumps were stronger than anticipated based on the label.
-Not the strongest pump out there, but was noticeably improved and doesn't seem to "need" additional products to boost this unless you really are a pump addict.

Overall:
-Highly recommend.
-I have more in my stash now so I can use in rotation and the future.
-One of the top products out for an overall pre-workout experience. Pretty much the perfect blend of energy + focus for most workout styles. Enough ergogens for increased pump and performance as well.
-Strong value as well! Won't break the bank.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow, looks like you really enjoyed Warped! Even bought some more on your own dime; I’m glad you took a chance on Controlled Labs - we have been around the industry this long for a reason, after all!

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow, looks like you really enjoyed Warped! Even bought some more on your own dime; I’m glad you took a chance on Controlled Labs - we have been around the industry this long for a reason, after all!
I buy and rebuy the stuff I like I’m not one to go around trying a new product every month.

I went through 5-6 white flash and loved it, didn’t think this would live up to it but I can see this being a frequent repurchase (but maybe less since it’s 30 servings now should last awhile!).

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I buy and rebuy the stuff I like I’m not one to go around trying a new product every month.

I went through 5-6 white flash and loved it, didn’t think this would live up to it but I can see this being a frequent repurchase (but maybe less since it’s 30 servings now should last awhile!).
Haha well thank you again for taking the time to review this for us - I know you were (rightly) skeptical so it’s good that we could make it worth your time!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice final review! Seems like you really enjoyed and would definitely recommend it.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Full Tub Review:

Flavor:
-Solid to Great.
-I enjoyed the flavor quite a bit, it wasn't the best pre-workout I have ever had flavor wise, but was above average.
-Again it was better than White Flash, so Controlled Labs achieved one of their goals with this.

Energy:
-One of the stronger points. Blend of caffeine allows for a strong initial burst, then a pretty solid length of energy.
-Not going to compete with some of the crazier stimulant blends out there (with those exotic stims), but the combo of the Caffeine + Tyrosine + Hup A makes this one of the better (possibly best I've used) straight caffeine products as far as energy and feels go.

Focus/Motivation:
-This was strong as well. I was super focused pretty much with every use.
-Not as strong as some of the more comprehensive Nootropic blends/formulas out there, but as far as for workout performance this hits about the perfect blend of focus and energy.

-Pumps were stronger than anticipated based on the label.
-Not the strongest pump out there, but was noticeably improved and doesn't seem to "need" additional products to boost this unless you really are a pump addict.

Overall:
-Highly recommend.
-I have more in my stash now so I can use in rotation and the future.
-One of the top products out for an overall pre-workout experience. Pretty much the perfect blend of energy + focus for most workout styles. Enough ergogens for increased pump and performance as well.
-Strong value as well! Won't break the bank.
Solid review with good detail!

Honkafeller

Honkafeller

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Great review man.

I just purchased some White Warped Gummy Worm flavor. It’s One of the best I’ve had. I love it