REMINDER: Saturday Night Fights is on CBS RIGHT NOW

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just thought I would throw this out there real quick while it's still on.

This one got by me somehow and I didn't even know about it until I just turned on the TV.

I believe Lawler vs Scott Smith II is the main event.

SwoleInNY

Awards
U see cyborg fight? jesus, look out Gina Carano

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who else watched this? There has been so much MMA lately, it's a great time to be a fan!

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I saw it as did most of the regulars here, I'm sure. Cyborg looked nasty, but I'll wait for her drug test results before I get too excited about her and Gina.

Smith was doing pretty well the first round although nothing to damaging. Nice body strikes by Lawler.

I think Denny was wobbled for about 5 minutes straight or he has some serious problems with coordination/brain damage. Diaz needs to figure out a way to get his opponents on the ground these days. Even Denny was landing some decent strikes on him for the first few minutes and he's just going to lose more fights by cut/doctor stoppage over time.

Shields made the Goat looked kind of bad. He's a handful.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I saw it as did most of the regulars here, I'm sure. Cyborg looked nasty, but I'll wait for her drug test results before I get too excited about her and Gina.

Smith was doing pretty well the first round although nothing to damaging. Nice body strikes by Lawler.

I think Denny was wobbled for about 5 minutes straight or he has some serious problems with coordination/brain damage. Diaz needs to figure out a way to get his opponents on the ground these days. Even Denny was landing some decent strikes on him for the first few minutes and he's just going to lose more fights by cut/doctor stoppage over time.

Shields made the Goat looked kind of bad. He's a handful.
Yeah, Cyborg is juiced.

Those 3 left hooks that Lawler landed in a row were nasty, but they didn't seem to phase Smith. Smith has a hell of a chin, but a weak body, as proved by Drago as well.

Diaz's best days are behind him I'm afraid. Like you said, if he can't develop better takedowns he's going to get handled on his feet by faster more dynamic strikers.

I really thought the Goat had a decent chance, boy was I wrong.