B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kidding, 7 GB in the AL and 6 GB in the ALWC

They are 8-19 in August. Swept by NY and Seatle. Seems like the old Red Sox are back at it again.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
You know, I think there is something to that curse thing. How else do you explain the crazy things that have happened over the last 3 weeks. Boy, the Babe was a vindictive MF (lol)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
and A-rod is on fire again. glad that slump is over. the media can be such *******s.

jantrick2

Awards
You know, I think there is something to that curse thing. How else do you explain the crazy things that have happened over the last 3 weeks. Boy, the Babe was a vindictive MF (lol)
its now the curse of johnny damon me thinks

tplant

Awards
I hate to get ahead of myself but after yesterday's game im convinced that the sox are gonna win the series again this year. Every year that ant Boston team wins there is always that one moment when you know. Whethere it's muellers walk off or that goal line stand against the colts.

Yesterday when the bases were loaded with no out and thome, Konerko and dye due up I think it happened. Lopez stepped up and got the huge K. Then hansen came in and got the next two. I may be overlly biased but I just don't see them getting beaten this year now that they have 5 reliable guys in the pen and 4 damn solid starters.
hahahahah I was way off :D

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
been a little quiet in this thread lately......

:D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yankees -
Red Sox 11.5

The silence in this thread is deafening :rofl:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
and ortiz is getting desperate for attention, starting a campaign for MVP. even mild trash talking about jeter.

ortiz, "They're talking about Derek Jeter a lot, right? He's done a great job, he's having a great season, but Jeter is not a 40-homer hitter or an RBI guy. It doesn't matter how much you've done for your ball club, the bottom line is, the guy who hits 40 home runs and knocks in 100, that's the guy you know helped your team win games. Don't get me wrong -- he's a great player, he's having a great season, but he's got a lot of guys in that lineup. Top to bottom, you've got a guy who can hurt you. Come hit in this lineup, see how good you can be."

jeter, "I'm not thinking about winning an MVP," Jeter said. "I'm thinking about winning the division. Our focus here isn't on individual awards."

seems very un-ortiz like to me. it's like he's pissed about not being able to make the playoffs so he ditches his team and starts campaigning for a personal award. his stock just went down a couple of notches in my book.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jeter is a team player, gentleman and professional. He has too many WSC rings to be bothered to talk smack. He sincerely cares very little for individual performances MVP titles. He knows WSC's is walking the talk and anything else is just 'jibba jabba'.

You got a source/link for those Ortiz/Jeter statements?

Boston at NY Yankees:
Friday, September 15, 2006 - Beckett vs Karstens
Saturday, September 16, 2006 - Schilling vs Wright
Sunday, September 17, 2006 - Gabbard vs Mussina

I'm primed to watch insult be added to injury.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Sox!!!

yankees3

Board Supporter
Awards
As for Papi's comments about Jeter, last year when Ortiz was a frontrunner for the MVP weren't the Sox the best hitting team in the league? Why didn't the the lineup the he was hitting in matter then? And who are the guys in the yankees lineup that he's talking about? He must have forgot that Shef and Matsui have been out just about all year, A-rod was in a "slump" and Cano missed a lot of games due to injury.This awesome lineup that Jeter has been batting in outside of Damon, Posada and Giambi has been filled with guys like Melky, Bernie, Aaron Guil, Miguel Cairo, Andy Phillips and Bubba Crosby. Are those the guys he was talking about?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
there's no telling how his wiring is hooked up. obviously my opinion is biased, but i just don't see anyone in the AL that competes with jeter as an all around ball player. anyone care to differ?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your cross town rivals have a guy....carlos beltran.....he's a great agruement for best all around talent in baseball period....power, speed, and defense.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Sox..... Big papi put up like he always does. As far as his comments about jeter...boo hoo.... Suddenly the media decides to publish a "shocker".....I wish half of you truly knew what a complete a-hole your buddy steinbrenner is in person. The guy uses his money to "fix" his mishaps and it's seriously pathetic....for all you non-believers I've witnessed it first hand....yes I've first hand witnessed him being a complete a-hole to those patient educated souls that attempted to help him and his cause only to be defaced and demoralized in horrible ways......but you don't hear about that in the media do ya....unreal.... Funny what money can buy...... but it can't buy ya love boys.......

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not surpirsed at all of what Steinbrenner has done or is capable of doing. I, for one don't give a ****. Why? The last time I looked he does not wear a pin-stripped uniform and is not a memeber of the 25 man roster sitting in the dugout or bullpen. We're talking baseball, not personalities, politics or popularity contests. Steinbrenner has been an ******* since day one. Steinbrenner is not the first, last, least or worst.
i just don't see anyone in the AL that competes with jeter as an all around ball player. anyone care to differ?
The only player that comes to mind is Alfonso Soriano, but he is no longer AL. What a mistake letting him go.
ESPN.com - MLB - Recap

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where would professional sports be if there wasn't alittle trash talking......where would the yankee/redsox rivalry be? Suddenly david ortiz gets looked down on for a little trash talk. I'm sorry but last time i checked that's part of the game.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agree that talking trash is somewhat part of the game. Jeter and Ortiz trash or no trash is always good for the rivalry. IMO the Steinbrenner crap and his payroll crap is so old and warn it is really stretching it ;)

Doubleheader split last night. One more doubleheader today. Could be two closer to clinching the AL East! :)

Isn't that a BlueJay I hear knocking on your door?:stick:

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
some trashtalk? sure. but this isn't WWE. calling out another individual for their performance is uncalled for. JMO.