Recent regulation on food got me thinking.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was trying to think of a way for both sides to be happy. On one side..we have the people who realize the 400 lbs unhealthy over eater is costing our country money and causing us unnecessary stress.. This is via numerous heart attacks,abuse of food stamps*buying cheetos for one meal vs a big bag of potatos for the same cost*,the fatties who get on disability because they can't bare to walk the extra 10 feet to enter a store or restaurant where they will just make themselves more unhealthy thus costing us more money,and those people who die in their 30s because they cant put the fork down.

The other side is "do what makes you happy" if you want to be 1000lbs go ahead. *the side im on*

Racking my brain trying to think how the fda and people could come together happy.

Finally thought of something.
Changing the transparency of the menu.
For instance...if the fda would put pressure on ALL RESTAURANTS to list calories and complete nutrition information both in store and in website easily available upfront. Not hidden.

I also think high calorie items should be highlighted as such on the actual menus. 600 calories and over.

Second step is stop using skinny actors to push the mcrib or similar. Average people should be used. May be offensive to some here in the states but oh well

This is not a discussion about the proposed transfat ban or Mcdonald ban but a discussion on how to make both sides happy.

D3platinum

D3platinum

Awards
This idea of insisting everyone to denote calories, etc but the thing is fat people are gonna do what fat people do. I have family that is like this eventhough theyve attended health classes, and know this stuff. And eating is much like picking out ice cream flavors everyone likes one more than another and theyll return to that one flavor.

If the problem is over-eating ...then you have a point, but aesthetic people in the industry sell the product, consumers get the product. The average consumer will do what the average consumer does at the end, not what the minority of aesthetic people will do (lift, run, have fitness classes, worry about their health). In a sense what you are proposing is reasonable but for companies to "change" their marketing tactics, well good luck with that I guess cause even if it was an eskimo selling ice cream to an eskimo they'd be using the most aesthetic people and said average mentality would return to the mean ie eat ice cream.

Actually the bigger thing at foot is the availability of franchises at corners, and the exposure most people have to one. But people still have common sense most will eat 2-3 burgers some will eat 3 , 2 fries an ice-cream 'wich' , dont matter

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
The problem is in this country good organic healthy food costs too much for the average household to eat.. Try buying enough organic eggs, chicken, beef, etc to feed a family of 5 and then compare that to the regular ****...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The problem is in this country good organic healthy food costs too much for the average household to eat.. Try buying enough organic eggs, chicken, beef, etc to feed a family of 5 and then compare that to the regular ****...
organic may become neccessary for good health the way monsanto is pushing gmo's. the fda ruled that gmo containing foods did not have to be labeled as such...it would give an unfair advantage to non-gmo's....can you believe that? hey, fda...how about giving an advantage to us consumers, the tax payers who pay for your existence!!!

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
organic may become neccessary for good health the way monsanto is pushing gmo's. the fda ruled that gmo containing foods did not have to be labeled as such...it would give an unfair advantage to non-gmo's....can you believe that? hey, fda...how about giving an advantage to us consumers, the tax payers who pay for your existence!!!
Sounds like we're on the exact same page..lol. Kind of hard to get the FDA on the Tax Payers team when Monsanto has they're ex playboys running it.. Mother Fuvkers

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
Also hard when Aluminum levels in our soil keep rising and Monsanto holds the patent to aluminum resistant seeds. Wonder how the aluminum levels keep rising? It couldn't be from those giant trails from plains across our sky's? No way.

bigflex0

bigflex0

Awards
Mcdonalds puts the nutrition facts on their wrappers, I don't think it has made an iota of difference.

Zac Speed

Zac Speed

Awards
What I've noticed is.. People who don't exercise or have a gym membership usually don't care enough to eat healthy. Its those of use who grind it out day after day looking for results and improvement who are looking for the best foods to fuel themselves.. Or those who are about to die due to health complications.

and on that later note it still doesn't stop most from not giving a ****.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What I've noticed is.. People who don't exercise or have a gym membership usually don't care enough to eat healthy. Its those of use who grind it out day after day looking for results and improvement who are looking for the best foods to fuel themselves.. Or those who are about to die due to health complications.

and on that later note it still doesn't stop most from not giving a ****.
most people who are dying from complications due to lack of exercise and unhealthy diets are looking to their doctor to give them a prescription cure, unfortunately modern doctors are more than willing to write that script, or perform surgery that only enables their bad lifestyle to continue...that is until it eventually kills them. long gone are the days when doctors relied upon teaching common sense, there is no money in teaching people healthier lifestyles.

unfortunately our lives revolve around follow the money trail, and that includes medicine!!! there is more money in treatments than in cures!!!

FitnessLuke

Awards
Yes organic food is way overpriced, but at the same time you dont have to eat organic to become skinny and people may argue this, but I feel like you can still be healthy without organic food. Also organic can be a sneaky way to get people to overeat or think they are eating healthy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
another problem that encourages obesity is the price of 'wholesome foods', fresh meat and vegetables are getting insanely over-priced, imo....while at the same time unhealthy foods like chips and hot dogs are very cheap. processed and precooked frozen foods are much cheaper than buying ingredients to make it yourself.

let them mention on the morning news that something is good for you and by the end of the week price has doubled.

i just cannot see how a couple working minimum wage jobs with 2 children could afford to feed themselves and their children healthy meals...

FitnessLuke

Awards
another problem that encourages obesity is the price of 'wholesome foods', fresh meat and vegetables are getting insanely over-priced, imo....while at the same time unhealthy foods like chips and hot dogs are very cheap. processed and precooked frozen foods are much cheaper than buying ingredients to make it yourself.

let them mention on the morning news that something is good for you and by the end of the week price has doubled.

i just cannot see how a couple working minimum wage jobs with 2 children could afford to feed themselves and their children healthy meals...
Well u can get frozen veggies at least...and there are ways to get cheap mean meats, but they sure arnt going to be organic...typically cooking your own food always plays out cheaper then a meal at a fast food place

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well u can get frozen veggies at least...and there are ways to get cheap mean meats, but they sure arnt going to be organic...typically cooking your own food always plays out cheaper then a meal at a fast food place

it is hard to beat a cheap pack of hotdogs for a buck [8 count], cheap buns for a buck and a bag of chips for $2.50. try feeding 4 people healthily for $4.50!!!

FitnessLuke

Awards
Yes sir it is, but look at the big picture...better having a country dieing happy and fat compared to afica dieing depressed and deprived

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes sir it is, but look at the big picture...better having a country dieing happy and fat compared to afica dieing depressed and deprived
it is the same here as there, the top 1 percenters hoard all the wealth. in africa the billions of dollars in food and medical aid ends up in the hands of warlords with private armies and very little ends up in the hands of those who are in need. in this country the nations largest private employer pays wages that are considered poverty level. the wealthy in america don't need private armies, they have lawyers!!!

FitnessLuke

Awards
Oh believe me I know how muchbit sucks to work for a big corporation. Im working for S**rbucks in college and after your first 40 cent raise every six months after that it only goes up ten cents. Still making under 8 bucke after 1 year 4 months

Wish companies could be more like whole foods or costco. They start you a out well above min wage and give you a nice raise every 6 months...or just wish companies gave a raise based on hard work..

Im really just referring to big companies and not small businesses, bc small businesses cant always afford to pay high for low skill jobs.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh believe me I know how muchbit sucks to work for a big corporation. Im working for S**rbucks in college and after your first 40 cent raise every six months after that it only goes up ten cents. Still making under 8 bucke after 1 year 4 months

Wish companies could be more like whole foods or costco. They start you a out well above min wage and give you a nice raise every 6 months...or just wish companies gave a raise based on hard work..

Im really just referring to big companies and not small businesses, bc small businesses cant always afford to pay high for low skill jobs.
lol...why do you think there is such a push for creating small business's? because corporations can outsource more cheaply....

i recently started a business and even though it eats at my profit margin i start guys out at $12 and hour and after a year it goes to $14, any raises after that are based on merit.

my theory is if you can't afford to pay a fair wage, then you aren't ready to hire employees.

FitnessLuke

Awards
lol...why do you think there is such a push for creating small business's? because corporations can outsource more cheaply....

i recently started a business and even though it eats at my profit margin i start guys out at $12 and hour and after a year it goes to $14, any raises after that are based on merit.

my theory is if you can't afford to pay a fair wage, then you aren't ready to hire employees.
I like that mentality and wish I was working for someone like you. However, how will you ever be ready to hire employees if you dont ever have any employees to get the company rolling?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like that mentality and wish I was working for someone like you. However, how will you ever be ready to hire employees if you dont ever have any employees to get the company rolling?
simple...don't start a business until you have adequate bankroll. do it yourself and only expand/grow when you have enough stashed away to cover those lean times that are inevitable. don't get greedy and take on more than you are prepared for, and put as much as possible back into the business as possible when profits start to come....too many people are in business who shouldn't be, imo....a lot of this is the government making it too easy, for the reasons i already mentioned.

and remember you are as good or bad as your employees make you.....so treat em right!!!