Raw Dog Recomp Log (ft BMP, fasting, and keto)

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs/lower back
Leg press cable machine
150-12
200-15
230-10
250-6
240-6

Good morning
50-12
80-12
100-11
100-11
100-11

Quad extension cable machine
140-10
170-8
180-6
180-5

Leg curl seated cable machine
120-10
150-5
145-6
145-5

Lower back hyperextensions 25lb, then BW

Seated calf raise SS laying hip thrust w 60lb DB
90-15 and 11
135-10 and 14
135-9 and 13
135-9 and 11
90- 38 fast reps

Decided to hit the gym and end the fast at roughly 48 hours, got to the gym around 10 and started breaking my fast around 11:45.

Leg day

Leg press cable machine
150-15
220-12
250-5
250-6
230-6

Good morning
60-10
100-13
100-11
100-11

170-8
185-7
185-6
185-6

Leg curl cable machine
145-6
150-6
150-6
Finished the last set with a nice long DC style static stretch

Hyperextensions +25lb,BW
5,2 cramp

Seated calf raise SS laying hip thrust 65lb DB
90-15 and 12
135-12 and 13
135-11 and 11
135-11 and 11

Wasn’t a bad workout for coming off a 48 hour fast. Numbers were pretty even with my last workout with a few things going up a bit.

I do regret my decision to workout today though, shoulder was still hurting a bit when racking weights and during the good mornings. Thought I tested it pretty thoroughly today, did a bunch of stuff with a 40lb bag of rock salt, a couple pull ups, some push-ups, and a bunch of stretches at work today and nothing caused any kind of pain. I knew I should have given it a bit more time but I hate missing the gym. Pain isn’t severe by any means, but I don’t want to **** my shoulder up and playing it safe is probably the better idea here. At least today was leg day. Going to try to get 3k calories down in the next hour.

1AM starts a new fast!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome aboard! Happy to have you, as I mentioned in your log you and @Spurfy are the ones who put me on to fasting in the first place. I know we don’t know each other well but you have been a big influence and inspiration in my transformation. Thank you for that!
You won’t get any laughs out of me..

That’s darn impressive progress in that amount of time. Congratulations!
I appreciate it! Still have a lot of strength to gain to be back at my strongest, but looking at my pics I probably am in the best shape of my life. That pic from last July was sent to me by a friend a bit ago and really put things into perspective for me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it! Still have a lot of strength to gain to be back at my strongest, but looking at my pics I probably am in the best shape of my life. That pic from last July was sent to me by a friend a bit ago and really put things into perspective for me.
Awesome progress from last summer to now!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
149.3 today, back to fasting for at least 3 more days then I’ll see how I feel. Thinking moving forward I want to do a 48 hour fast every Monday and Tuesday, so 3 days will put me right on schedule here. If I have to I will go longer though

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You may already know this. If you do a water fast, I'd recommend to rest while doing it. No gym, cardio or strenuous work. Minerals are important too.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You may already know this. If you do a water fast, I'd recommend to rest while doing it. No gym, cardio or strenuous work. Minerals are important too.
Yep walking is the only exercise I do while fasting. I supplement with salt potassium magnesium and calcium mixed in water, only drink when thirsty

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
144.8 weigh in this morning. Feeling like **** today, not sure what’s up. Tired as hell but slept 7.5 hours

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Felt terrible all day Monday, listened to my body and had a light meal and rested. Killed my abs yesterday.

Off work today. Weighed in at 147.6, miss the gym already. Still going to play it safe with the shoulder despite not having any pain but going to head in for some leg work again today. Might add a bit of bis/forearms if I’m feeling it at the end. I guess it’s a good mindstate to have, but man I can’t stand not working out anymore. Walking/fasting just doesn’t scratch that itch for me anymore. Going to be a lot of ab days and leg days if this shoulder isn’t better.

The weather kind of sucks today so I can’t grill but ribs were on sale. Have 3.5lbs in the crock right now, never cooked them this way so hopefully they aren’t too bad. Got some G Hughes sugar free bbq sauce which I had somehow never heard of. Today will be an early workout and early meal

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On an unrelated note, stocked the hell up this weekend/week between two sites running a bunch of deals. 120g peak02, 1 kilo nutrabio creatine, 10 boxes of quest bars, 4 boxes of quest cookies, 5g yohimbine powder, 2lb spartan whey fruit loops, 2lb spartan whey krunchy krisp, and 5lb Xtend pro molten chocolate all for well under 300. Looking forward to trying the proteins out for sure but I’m definitely stocked up for the year

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg day

Leg press cable machine
150-15
220-12
250-5
250-6
230-6

Good morning
60-10
100-13
100-11
100-11

170-8
185-7
185-6
185-6

Leg curl cable machine
145-6
150-6
150-6
Finished the last set with a nice long DC style static stretch

Hyperextensions +25lb,BW
5,2 cramp

Seated calf raise SS laying hip thrust 65lb DB
90-15 and 12
135-12 and 13
135-11 and 11
135-11 and 11
Damn I needed this bad, great workout today! Was in a pretty bad mood all day, got to the gym and it was PACKED, but somehow got everything I needed without having to wait on equipment. I did skip the good mornings today and resisted the temptation to do arm work, just going to keep playing it safe with the shoulder. Goal is to give it a shot Saturday or Sunday.

Leg press cable machine (big increase from Saturday!)
160-15
230-12
260-9
280-7
280-5

Hyperextensions 25lb plate,BW

Leg curl cable machine
145-8
160-5
155-5
150-5

175-10
190-7
200-5
185-6
175-5

Calf press plate machine SS hip thrust 70lb DB
90-15 and 13
135-14 and 12
155-10 and 10
155-7 and 10
135-8 and 9

Feeling pretty damn good now. Enjoying some of the spartan whey loopy fruits (spot on trix cereal, fantastic flavor) while I wait on these ribs to get done.

With this being an earlier workout I did have some stims. Took the last two of my sample pills of SNS Thermagize XT at 11 and then again around 5 today just before the workout and also had a serving of vasoblitz which I normally skip on leg days. I will say while I only had 6 pills, thermagize is a damn good stim, especially pre workout

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And the crockpot ribs came out incredibly. Definitely miss the smoke flavor but these are the most tender ribs I’ve ever had. Intended to save half of them but already have put down like two thirds. Probably going to kick myself out of ketosis but damn I can’t stop haha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't tried Thermagize yet but it's been on my list of SNS products to try. Glad you enjoyed just the sample pack that you had.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haven't tried Thermagize yet but it's been on my list of SNS products to try. Glad you enjoyed just the sample pack that you had.
Yeah man it was good stuff for sure. Sometimes I wish I could use preworkout stims more, but I definitely do prefer working out in the evenings for the most part. I’ve tried working out in the AM before work, but with IF it tends to throw me off mentally throughout the day.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah man it was good stuff for sure. Sometimes I wish I could use preworkout stims more, but I definitely do prefer working out in the evenings for the most part. I’ve tried working out in the AM before work, but with IF it tends to throw me off mentally throughout the day.
Same for me. Keep grinding!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Broke my fast a bit early today to get five guys with a coworker around 6:00, was pretty damn good. Legs are pretty sore from the workout yesterday especially my calves and glutes. Loving the soreness though, never really got it in my glutes until I started adding the hip thrusts in, one of my favorite exercises for sure and definitely underrated.

Just wrapped up the workout for the day. Switched up my normal ab routine and did everything without adding any weight or resistance. Did a more circuit style workout with a ton of movements and very little rest. Lasted almost 30 minutes, was sweating like a mofo when I got done and couldn’t even sit up haha.

Been thinking about adding cardio for awhile, not feeling like I’m doing enough currently with the shoulder thing going on. After @ELROCK suggested it to me in his thread I was like **** it let’s get it started today. Got my stair/ladder climber machine out immediately following the ab workout, was wanting to do HIIT but it didn’t seem stable enough for all out 100% intensity. Still did pretty damn high intensity at a steady state, lasted just over 4 minutes before my quads couldn’t take it anymore. Definitely would have liked to have gone longer, but this machine is pretty damn tough and my legs are pretty damn sore. This won’t be an every day thing for me, but I would like to get much more consistent with it so hopefully me writing this provides some accountability here. Going to shoot for at least 3x a week and look to improve my time with each session.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sore as hell today! Also have some rug burn on my tailbone area from that ab workout haha. I really need to invest in a yoga matt

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Even though I was super sore I got another ab workout in last night. Lasted a bit over 15 minutes before I could barely take it.

Shoulder has seemed good, spent quite a bit of time running through different diagnostic tests on it. Nothing gave me pain and there were no weaknesses. Can pretty much rule out a rotator cuff issue at this point which was my biggest concern. Wondering if it’s not some type of arthritis or just general inflammation. Depending on what I decide to do with my Saturday I’m either going to work out tonight or tomorrow. Shoulders would be next in rotation, but I’m going to skip that for now and start back up with my back and bis workout

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/bis/forearms
Pull-up

Neutral narrow grip pull down
77-10
88-11
99-9
99-8
99-7

Wide grip lat pull down
88-8
88-7
88-7
88-7
77-9

Cable low row SS 45lb plate shrug
99-10,25
99-9,20
99-8,19
99-8,18
99-6,18

Preacher curls SS plate pinch
50-8
50-4
50-4
45-5

Cable curl drop set
44-4
38.5-3
33-4
33-3

Reverse curl cable SS wrist curl cable
27.5-4 and 77-8
22-7 and 71.5-8
22-7 and 71.5-8
22-7 and 71.5-5

Decided to go in tonight. Made it in late so was a bit rushed, but not my worst workout. A lot of sets I probably could have pushed for a bit more if I was going 100% but wanted to play it safe testing the shoulder out. So far so good there!

Tbar row machine
90-10
110-10
130-8
130-6
110-8

Lat push downs
44-8
38.5-8
38.5-6
33-8

Close grip lat pull down
77-10
77-12
88-8
88-8
82-9

88-13 and 31
99-10 and 22
99-8 and 20
99-8 and 20

Cable curl drop sets ss reverse curl
44x5 and 27.5x4
44x2 and 22x6
33x3 and 22x7
33x2 and 22x6

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice back and bi day!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some shoulder discomfort this morning fml. At least nothing major. Spent a couple hours this morning researching physical therapy as well as proper form. Was able to alleviate discomfort with a few of the stretches/exercises. I was a gamer for years, thinking this has a lot to with posture and flexibility. I will be doing a routine multiple times a day to see if it doesn’t eliminate the issue before I’m willing to go to a doctor. I haven’t been to a doc in years and my insurance has a 3k deductible so I’m really hoping I can avoid that if possible. Going to be using lighter weights in the meantime and really focusing on form. I do a good job of retracting my scapulae during bench press but don’t always focus on it during some other exercises. I will put a huge focus on this moving forward

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some shoulder discomfort this morning fml. At least nothing major. Spent a couple hours this morning researching physical therapy as well as proper form. Was able to alleviate discomfort with a few of the stretches/exercises. I was a gamer for years, thinking this has a lot to with posture and flexibility. I will be doing a routine multiple times a day to see if it doesn’t eliminate the issue before I’m willing to go to a doctor. I haven’t been to a doc in years and my insurance has a 3k deductible so I’m really hoping I can avoid that if possible. Going to be using lighter weights in the meantime and really focusing on form. I do a good job of retracting my scapulae during bench press but don’t always focus on it during some other exercises. I will put a huge focus on this moving forward
Doing those once/twice per month.

Substituted BB bench for push ups (advanced forms) -and DB bench with Hex press. Never torn anything again, after that.

No overhead presses besides bradford press or pike push ups.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Substituted BB bench for push ups (advanced forms) -and DB bench with Hex press. Never torn anything again, after that.

Appreciate the advice! Just watched the video, did a few of those today before the workout and will be incorporating those as a warmup before my upper body sessions moving forward to be safe.

Edit- also will likely only do the Bradford press myself for at least awhile now, this use to be my primary shoulder exercise anyway, just don’t have many places to do it at the current gym. Will definitely give hex press a shot. DB bench didn’t bother me today though

This is what I did today that worked right away as well. Will be incorporating this daily during my downtime at work and during the evenings.

Last edited:
Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DB bench
40-10
55-7
70-3
65-2
60-3
55-4
50-5
Was planning on doing lower weight here but my shoulder was feeling fine and I couldn’t resist shooting for a PR. Numbers a bit down on this but not too bad

Dip BW
Numbers WAY up on this

Cable fly machine
65-9
65-8
60-8
60-8
60-8
Way way down on this. Not sure if I was just exhausted or if focusing 100% on keeping my scapulae retracted made it that much tougher.

Rope pull down drop sets
55-7
55-4
44-4
44-3
44-3
33-6
33-6

Wrist cable curl ss plate pinch (zero rest)
71.5-22
77-13
77-7
66-11
60.5-14
60.5-12
60.5-11
60.5-11
60.5-9

Didn’t have time for the volume I wanted for my arms during yesterday’s workout so I decided to kill my forearms today, was a pretty brutal way to finish up a great gym session.

Felt really good today! Didn’t move up in everything but I was really happy with the dips. Felt in my zone the whole time and didn’t have any issues at all with the shoulder. Put 100% focus into keeping my scapulae retracted on every single set and did quite a bit to warm my shoulder up today.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Broke my fast a bit early today to get five guys with a coworker around 6:00, was pretty damn good. Legs are pretty sore from the workout yesterday especially my calves and glutes. Loving the soreness though, never really got it in my glutes until I started adding the hip thrusts in, one of my favorite exercises for sure and definitely underrated.

Just wrapped up the workout for the day. Switched up my normal ab routine and did everything without adding any weight or resistance. Did a more circuit style workout with a ton of movements and very little rest. Lasted almost 30 minutes, was sweating like a mofo when I got done and couldn’t even sit up haha.

Been thinking about adding cardio for awhile, not feeling like I’m doing enough currently with the shoulder thing going on. After @ELROCK suggested it to me in his thread I was like **** it let’s get it started today. Got my stair/ladder climber machine out immediately following the ab workout, was wanting to do HIIT but it didn’t seem stable enough for all out 100% intensity. Still did pretty damn high intensity at a steady state, lasted just over 4 minutes before my quads couldn’t take it anymore. Definitely would have liked to have gone longer, but this machine is pretty damn tough and my legs are pretty damn sore. This won’t be an every day thing for me, but I would like to get much more consistent with it so hopefully me writing this provides some accountability here. Going to shoot for at least 3x a week and look to improve my time with each session.
Nice work brother!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Those rotate cuff exercises in the video really make a big difference for me.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those rotate cuff exercises in the video really make a big difference for me.
Yes, especially the abduction exercises are needed.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did do most of that before my workout today. Still trying to find a good spot to anchor my bands for the internal ones though

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Leg press cable machine (big increase from Saturday!)
160-15
230-12
260-9
280-7
280-5

Hyperextensions 25lb plate,BW

Leg curl cable machine
145-8
160-5
155-5
150-5

175-10
190-7
200-5
185-6
175-5

Calf press plate machine SS hip thrust 70lb DB
90-15 and 13
135-14 and 12
155-10 and 10
155-7 and 10
135-8 and 9
Amazing leg day. Numbers went up across the board!

Leg press cable machine high and wide
160-15
230-12
280-8
280-3
250-8

Good morning
60-12
100-14
100-12
100-11

Leg curl cable machine
145-11
160-7
160-6
150-7 dc

Lower back hyperextension +25lb,BW after dropping

Quad roc-it machine (I hate this machine but the one I normally use is out of order)
145-10
165-7
165-7
165-7
165-7
165-6 dc

Seated calf press plate machine SS hip thrust 75lb DB
90-20 and 15
135-15 and 13
160-12 and 14
160-10 and 13
160-8 and 12

Spent nearly 2 hours at the gym and still didn’t want to leave. Not sure what was up today but I felt great. I did add 3g GMS to my Xtend elite before the workout, but doubt that could have contributed that much to the quality. Happy either way though.

Shoulders are next in rotation, still trying to decide how I want to approach that. May or may not make tomorrow an ab day

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did do most of that before my workout today. Still trying to find a good spot to anchor my bands for the internal ones though
I do them con cables.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Did you guys just google rotator cuff work from the 90s?

Ok just joking (kinda), but rotations like that aren’t really going to fix any major issues of movement issues or many other underlying problems.

Maybe try isometrics for the rotations if you are going to do them as all you need is yourself and a wall.

Give that a read or just search for more of Quinn’s work or any Clinical Athlete stuff. Scapular positioning and work would be well worth delving into if you are having shoulder issues.

Hope that helps you get started.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will look into this today, thanks for the post! I am fairly certain it’s not a rotator cuff issue though, but it never hurts to strengthen those muscles even more

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Give that a read or just search for more of Quinn’s work or any Clinical Athlete stuff. Scapular positioning and work would be well worth delving into if you are having shoulder issues.
I need to red up and start doing these just for preventative reasons and strengthening shoulders.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You ever consider doing floor presses in stead of using a bench? Good way to stabilize your shoulders when doing any push presses.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You ever consider doing floor presses in stead of using a bench? Good way to stabilize your shoulders when doing any push presses.
I have not, haven’t done those since high school actually. Always thought it hit the triceps more but could be wrong there. You feel like it works your chest pretty well?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weighed in at 150.1 today though! First weigh in above 150 in a couple weeks. Found another new vein on my right bicep the other day so seems as if I’m still leaning out as well. This is a positive sign!

Haven’t talked about Epoch lately but I am really liking it. A bit over halfway through the second bottle now, I switched to pre bed for my second dose instead of pre workout and definitely prefer it this way. It’s hard to really gauge the effectiveness of a product like this, but the consistent gains in strength while still leaning out is certainly a positive sign. Aside from the shoulder injury my joints have felt pretty damn great though I am taking a few other things for that as well. Vascularity has been good throughout my time using the product as well.

Trying to decide now if I want to run the last bottle and a half as I start my Anabolic effect + M test run or save it for later. Started the M Test on Sunday and hoping my AE arrives tomorrow

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have not, haven’t done those since high school actually. Always thought it hit the triceps more but could be wrong there. You feel like it works your chest pretty well?
I only do them when I feel like I am having issues with my shoulder so probably only 1x/month maybe. But I make sure my hands are split farther apart from my shoulders to help concentrate more on the chest and shoulders compared to the triceps.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm doing push up variations, like asymmetric, pike, spiderman, type writer, reverse hands. I think its crucial for stabilizer muscles to develop. Also throwing "Ring Ab rollout" in. Never felt better shoulder wise.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
30 minute ab workout tonight. A shitload of weighted crunches, some leg raises, and a bunch of planks and leg holds. Back to the gym tomorrow for shoulders

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! I use to have a dedicated day for core in my routine. Now I just do it everyother day at the end of my workout.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
30 minute ab workout tonight. A shitload of weighted crunches, some leg raises, and a bunch of planks and leg holds. Back to the gym tomorrow for shoulders
Make sure to warm-up your rotator cuff muscles first. Do lightweight high reps for your shoulder workout.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you guys just google rotator cuff work from the 90s?

Ok just joking (kinda), but rotations like that aren’t really going to fix any major issues of movement issues or many other underlying problems.

Maybe try isometrics for the rotations if you are going to do them as all you need is yourself and a wall.

Hope that helps you get started.
Really liking the y lifts there but I will say both of my shoulders click a bit when doing it. Is this a sign of another issue and any advice for fixing it?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Make sure to warm-up your rotator cuff muscles first. Do lightweight high reps for your shoulder workout.
I will certainly warm up good. Been doing some of the exercises all day. No pain at all today, trying to decide if I want to do some arnies or avoid overhead press all together. There’s also a shoulder press machine, I found that using the neutral grips on that never gave me issues when I did have discomfort. Working out just doesn’t feel the same without some kind of compound.

On a non shoulder related note, my Anabolic Effect already arrived surprisingly. Been using the M Test since Sunday, today is day one of AE! About to go buy some ribeye and then get ready for the gym

Edit- could be placebo but libido has been pretty crazy today and yesterday. Should hopefully have the chance to truly put M Test to the test Friday night

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drove 10 minutes out of my way for $7/lb boneless ribeye and they were all thin cut and weighed .6-.7lbs still got 4 probably going to eat two tonight

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
**** yeah! Even though I hate not going for heavy weight and setting PRs, I felt like I had a damn good workout. Was really feeling it today and everything felt good, hence the volume. Most of the Arnie sets I probably could have done one or two more if I really pushed but I wanted to play it safe.

Seated DB Arnold press
30-10
35-10
35-7
30-9
30-7
25-10
25-10

Rear delt fly machine
50-15
65-12
65-10
65-9
60-8
60-8

Front raise 12lb SS DB shrug 60lb

Tricep cable bar push downs
55-9
55-8
49-8
49-7
44-8
33-13
33-12

Spent almost an hour and a half in the gym and wanted to stay longer. About to make a shake then cook these ribeyes!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
From my experience, no need for PR's. Going once per month heavy is enough stimulus for hypertrophy.
Nice workout!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From my experience, no need for PR's. Going once per month heavy is enough stimulus for hypertrophy.
Nice workout!
Always appreciate feedback like that from someone more experienced. My problem is I just love seeing the numbers go up and PRs make it easy to track strength. Ive been seeing excellent gains there which has made me more and more motivated. Also want to get my strength back up a decent bit before focusing solely on getting big.

That said if I’m out of the gym I won’t be getting bigger or stronger, so I’m going to play it safe for the time being. Hoping to get to the point where I feel comfortable doing DC training here again in a few months, definitely need to get the shoulder healthy first. Feels good today which is a positive sign after a high volume shoulder day like that.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
**** yeah! Even though I hate not going for heavy weight and setting PRs, I felt like I had a damn good workout. Was really feeling it today and everything felt good, hence the volume. Most of the Arnie sets I probably could have done one or two more if I really pushed but I wanted to play it safe.

Seated DB Arnold press
30-10
35-10
35-7
30-9
30-7
25-10
25-10

Rear delt fly machine
50-15
65-12
65-10
65-9
60-8
60-8

Front raise 12lb SS DB shrug 60lb

Tricep cable bar push downs
55-9
55-8
49-8
49-7
44-8
33-13
33-12

Spent almost an hour and a half in the gym and wanted to stay longer. About to make a shake then cook these ribeyes!
Love those types of workouts!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/bis/forearms

T bar row machine
90-14
90-18
110-12
110-11
90-13
90-11

Cable lat pull down narrow neutral grip
66-15
77-11
77-10
71-12
71-12
71-11
66-13

88-13 and 34
88-11 and 28
88-11 and 23
88-11 and 24
88-10 and 21

Preacher cable curl SS plate pinch
50-7
50-4
45-4
40-6
40-6

Cable curl SS reverse cable curl (only highest weight recorded)
33-7 and 27.5-6
33-4 and 27.5-4
27.5-5 and 22-5
27.5-4 and 22-6

Another solid workout today. One of those ones that didn’t start so great but really got into my zone after a couple sets. Once again I didn’t want to leave, but had already been in there over an hour and a half and was starting to feel just a bit of pain in the shoulder. Chest day is next in rotation, but if I’m having any pain I’ll probably knock out another ab day first. Good chance I won’t workout Saturday, have a friend throwing a moving out party. Never cared for the bar scene a whole lot, but I haven’t been drinking much lately and do enjoy house parties.